**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

5e7wnmynf0va1.jpg

Kyrie
Reaves
Lebron
Rui
Ad

Vando off bench (traded for in seperate deal for 4 second rounders)
Walker
Brown
Bamba

Title

In all seriousness, they will shoot better at home. Team has bounced back well after tough losses.

AD just gonna be up and down like this

the AD lovers puff their chests out when he has a good game. Then the trAD3 crew comes back when he plays like 💩

AD is who he is at this point

Dlo playing too cool kills me, no intensity

Troy getting 10 straight minutes playing like *** kills me

Lebron going 1-8 on threes when he can dominate inside kills me

Everyone playing poor perimeter D

The ISO ball 🤮

I think this goes 7, only because of how up and down we are

I jumped the gun with how ready this team is to dominate :lol:. But this is what you should expect when the home team loses game one especially to a lower seed. It still trips me out that some of yall watch games everyday for decades and still overreact. The details of how it happened and who did what don't really matter all that much, it's just par for the course in a 7 game series

LeBron just not bothering on defense was annoying.

Look at the 3 late by Brooks. Down 8, 1:30 left
DLo picks up Tyus at the logo. No movement, no screens to get Brooks open. Tyus throws a pass to the right wing. Brooks is wide open. He catches it. LeBron is 5+ feet away watching him. Doesn’t even contest the shot. There were at least 4-5 plays like this.

Too be honest, did we expect anything less?

This team has been inconsistent all year long.

Any game we think we should dominate we lose or barely win.

Hopefully the good squad shows up Saturday.

LeBron just not bothering on defense was annoying.

Look at the 3 late by Brooks. Down 8, 1:30 left
DLo picks up Tyus at the logo. No movement, no screens to get him open. Tyus throws a pass to the right wing. Brooks is wide open. He catches it. LeBron is 5+ feet away watching him. Doesn’t even contest the shot. There were at least 4-5 plays like this.

Meh, they're playing the percentages and letting Brooks shoot. He just happened to make them last night.

I feel like they need to stop being cute and match AD on JJ. Who cares if AD gets blindside blocks if we're getting cooked on the boards by Xavier Tillman.

Meh, they're playing the percentages and letting Brooks shoot. He just happened to make them last night.
You still need to get a hand up. Letting nba players shoot open 3's all night is a recipe for disaster. Any other team would have had us down by 35, easy.

You still need to get a hand up. Letting nba players shoot open 3's all night is a recipe for disaster. Any other team would have had us down by 35, easy.
Brooks was 2-6 last night, just like his regular season percentages reflect (32% from three). If it's Bane, Jones, Kennard of course put a hand up to challenge. I feel good about giving Brooks all the jumpers he wants.

Bucks Suns Cavs and Grizzlies all lost game 1 at home. Game 2 all followed the same pattern. Lakers actually had the best showing. It's gotta be like at least 70% of the time the home team covers if not more in that scenario

Last edited:
I jumped the gun with how ready this team is to dominate :lol:. But this is what you should expect when the home team loses game one especially to a lower seed. It still trips me out that some of yall watch games everyday for decades and still overreact. The details of how it happened and who did what don't really matter all that much, it's just par for the course in a 7 game series
This

It’s so classic I wasn’t mad at all. It literally played out how I imagined all along.

Game 3 should swing the other way with or without an injured ja

3 of their top 8 injured

Huge opportunity to go for the jugular

That’s why I’m upset at the loss. Splitting the 2 games against a full Gizzlies squad is great. We played a depleted team

It sucks but it's not like we are down 2-0.

We just gotta play better.

When AD missed like 5 shots close range I knew we were in trouble.

I expected a regression from DLo/Austin/Rui but not like this from AD. He should be somewhere near 20/10 every night even floating around the perimeter and being apathetic. He's shown the last two months he can bring it every night. Don't expect to see this timid approach again.

Agree with giving Lonnie some run. Kind of silly how coaching staff has done him since coming back from the injury. They didn't trade him, and you're going to lose him for nothing at seasons end. You may as well give him some run. We saw what he could do prior, and it ain't like Beasley is a lockdown defender (or a great shooter right now). I don't see the harm in giving him some minutes against bench units. Particularly with Bron and/or AD.

They'll all shoot better at home. Expecting a bounce back win in game 3 and game 4 being a little tighter. Refs will be swing back for LAL in game 3 and get tighter in game 4 too. NBA scriptwriters are predictable. Bron ain't taking the bait. Casual double/triple doubles and a series win. Marathon goes on.

Capture.PNG

Would feel uneasy about throwing Bamba out there, and Wenyen is too small, but whatever, I think they should move away from the Bron and Rui frontcourt.

And in any case, I would double Triple J unless AD is guarding him.

Back
Top Bottom