**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Not sure AD got punked by Jokic

Jokic is a big beefy dude, a legit center

AD is a finesse player who played out of his mind until he ran into a legit big.

I think AD is a 4 playing out of position and that gets exposed when he goes up against the big bodies.
100% accurate

LeBron-James-Zoom-Generation-AZG-Purple-2.jpeg

I wonder if Nets would be interested in Finney-Smith and 22 for Beasley and 17.

Finney-Smith has 2+player option left. Decent contract but with $40mil on Ben Simmons this year and next could be a deal they want to shorten the years commitment to reset 2024-25

I wonder if Nets would be interested in Finney-Smith and 22 for Beasley and 17.

Finney-Smith has 2+player option left. Decent contract but with $40mil on Ben Simmons this year and next could be a deal they want to shorten the years commitment to reset 2024-25
I think I would prefer Royce O'Neale and Patty Mills for Beasley. Ideally, keep #17 but a swap for #21 or #22 is fine.

AD outperformed guys like Dray JJJ Giannis Embiid Bam Ayton Kat Gobert Sabonis Mobley Allen Claxton Capela etc etc in the playoffs. There was only one guy he didn't but somehow people are convinced that there's an abundance of better options. He'll never be as good as people want him to be but he'll never get the credit he deserves either

Leverage just went way out the window
Windhorst and Lowe hinted at the Suns waiving him, then re-signing him for the minimum a few days ago. I think that is likely to happen, with the Lakers being second.

Windhorst and Lowe hinted at the Suns waiving him, then re-signing him for the minimum a few days ago. I think that is likely to happen, with the Lakers being second.
How is that possible ?
Once you waiver a player, I thought they can’t sign with that same team for a year? No?

The idea is that the Suns are going to pay him. They save about $8mil (guarantee + new deal) to try and fit under the tax apron. Or at the very least not go past the second tier.

So for the Lakers to get him, they would need to be $10mil. To compete with Phoenix or any other team that may try to get him.

Does waive = stretch his existing contract ?
No.

Waiving him gets him off the books from $30M to $15M next season. If he clears waivers, he can re-sign for the minimum.

But if they stretch the $15M owed to him, he can't re-sign with the Suns. But it would open up the NTMLE ($12M) and BAE ($4M) to be used.

Theyve only said waive thus far. Assuming he goes back to PHX. Probably feels thats his best chance. What's the timeline on the waive and stretch?

If they do that it's almost a guarantee Bron has the banana boat at every home game.

Back
Top Bottom