**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If you guys haven't figured it out...

C CP1708 wants to trade anyone, who has ever had a single issue (injuries, old, ect) that is above the age of 30.

If you aren't young, in your prime and play all 82 games, he doesn't want you.

Trading guys (if they have value or not) will always be his go to.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Kobe did not "work out"

And Bron did not make SIXTY TWO MILLION. :lol:

(I know you're talkin cap percentages with Bron)

Kobe's entire body broke down at 32-33. Bron been a tank his whole career and broke down since he got here.

AD is NOWHERE close to those two health wise thru their 20's.
And my point wasn’t about things working out… legit stars in their prime are getting max deals whether we like it or not.

The only negotiating Paul and Pelinka did was whether they were going to pay AD in $100’s, $50’s or $20’s 😂

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Screenshot_20230805_154325_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230805_154602_Facebook.jpg

Would you give 62 mil per year to Kawhi? No.
Paul George? No.
Kyrie? No.
Kevin Durant? No. (But he'd be the closest yes)
Steph? No.

Paying guys like that in their mid 30's is bad business. Unless you plan on going well above and beyond in the luxury tax. (Steph/Warriors)

We'll see if it works out for the Suns.

Paul George? No.
Kyrie? No.
Steph? No.
"He's old! He's missed a bunch of games!"

But the closest yes is the oldest one pictured and has played the least amount of games of everyone pictured.

Paul George? No.
Kyrie? No.
Steph? No.

Paying guys like that in their mid 30's is bad business. Unless you plan on going well above and beyond in the luxury tax. (Steph/Warriors)

We'll see if it works out for the Suns.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but every team in a league would give Kevin Durant and Steph Curry the max if they were free agents. If Kyrie didn't have his off the court issues, teams would be willing to give him the max as well. Have, he got close to the max Dallas can offer him despite literally making his team worse and having other issues.

The only one of these guys who might not get the max is PG

Because I don't wanna pay what I assume & predict to be an oft injured mid 30's guy 62 million dollars? :lol:
Fixed. He's currently 30.

This is the part where you go "Oh, right, because he's gonna magically heal when he enters his 30s, because that's how physiology works," instead of going, "Yeah, that is a prediction on my part. He is only 30, not mid-30s."

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but every team in a league would give Kevin Durant and Steph Curry the max if they were free agents. If Kyrie didn't have his off the court issues, teams would be willing to give him the max as well. Have, he got close to the max Dallas can offer him despite literally making his team worse and having other issues.

The only one of these guys who might not get the max is PG

Giving them the max to sell tickets, sure.

Giving them the max to win the title? Not really gonna work out. (KD has the best chance this year to pull that off, from this list, not entire league wide)

You guys just wanna pay old stars, fine, good luck. That's not me. I'd rather pay young stars. 26 year old AD, great. 33-35 year old AD, pass.

Fixed. He's currently 30.

This is the part where you go "Oh, right, because he's gonna magically heal when he enters his 30s, because that's how physiology works," instead of going, "Yeah, that is a prediction on my part. He is only 30, not mid-30s."

His extension is mid 30's. Today doesn't mean jack in terms of his extension.

33-35 = 62 mil per.

I do not care about him being 30 today. (When he doesn't make 62 mil)

Didn't CP wanna give Kobe the minimum after tearing his Achilles? He's never been practical :lol:

Not the minimum.

Also not 48.5 mil.

Practical does not equal max deals to aged stars.

You'll note Kobe was never the same again and never played another playoff game in his career.........while still paid more than 95% of the league.

I'm not practical tho. 👍

And Kobe deserved every penny. That's the part you're not understanding. There's the ideal and then there's the reality. I'll admit it makes financial sense to get AD to agree to the MLE but that's not how it works

I don't agree. Kobe is my favorite player and I do not agree with 48.5. It set us back for years.

Now.......if 48.5 helped truly land LeBron, then I might reconsider.

There's no point explaining if you don't understand. Wouldn't matter if he was in a wheelchair. You give him 100 Ms for two years and don't think twice about it

Back
Top Bottom