**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Again i see no reason to not have him out there closing the majority of games he's a better fit next to Bron/AD. Come playoffs i think it will be matchup based but his compliment next to those guys is too good.
If we want DLo closing ganes cause of his shooting and playmaking, then LA needs AD to not only defend the paint but also place more focus on help defense outside the paint as well to compensate for DLo's liabilities defensively.

Which means AD would have to play PF to close games against the elite - Denver, Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, Phoenix. This is where Hayes or whichever other center the Lakers plan to sign comes into play.

Against teams with a small frontcourt, sure, Davis can close as the center all day long.

But if DLo is to close games against the elite, Lakers gotta stretch AD out to the perimeter so he doesn't have to worry about manning the paint as the only amd last line of defense all by himself. AD as we know is even better as a help defender when opposing guards and wings penetrate the lane.

Last edited:
Man.......I dunno about this.......

AD next few years

Age 31, 42 mil
Age 32, 42 mil
Age 33, 62 mil
Age 34, 62 mil
Age 35, 62 mil

He's averaged 48 games per season since he joined us.
1691189936068.gif

😂 cap going up

1691189936068.gif

😂 cap going up

I'm pretty sure CP is referencing his availability (or lack thereof rather). He's been basically in the athletic prime of his career since getting traded to us and we've seen the durability issues. Not likely going to get better with age.

I'm pretty sure CP is referencing his availability (or lack thereof rather). He's been basically in the athletic prime of his career since getting traded to us and we've seen the durability issues. Not likely going to get better with age.
Yeah I think we all get that availability is the universal concern with AD… and I still don’t care.

Lakers really didn’t have a choice and AD deserve it so win win

Mark Jackson and Jeff getting fired is ridiculous. Now I gotta listen to Richard Jefferson and Reggie Miller call games. They picked the two most Carlton *** ****** to give us in-game analysis. I appreciated the coaches takes, they saw it both ways and held everyone accountable for game plans falling apart midgame. It won’t be the same without them. It’s different when Stu Scott and Craig Sager passed or Boomer and **** Vitale slowed down. They’re firing people during their primes as analyst.

I don't care if the cap triples. Paying a brittle 33-34-35 year old 62 million dollars a year for 48 games is just plain dumb. :frown:

So you Do what, Let AD walk at the tail end of his prime for nothing? in hopes of playing FA and landing someone who is probably not going to be better than AD

:lol:

You must be new here.

No, I do not let him walk for nothing.

You don't extend him then he walks after this season, you trade him now & what are teams giving you back for a one year rental? while also basically shutting the door on any chance of a chip this year

Lakers had to pay him

You don't extend him then he walks after this season, you trade him now & what are teams giving you back for a one year rental? while also basically shutting the door on any chance of a chip this year

Lakers had to pay him

No, they didn't.

They "had" to pay him 62 million per year for his age 33-34-35 seasons?

So what's your plan?

"They shouldn't have done that" isn't a plan, just like 'not green' isn't a color.

I begged for LA to trade him all last year. They didn't, they went all in and that's fine. I was ok with that, long as they got off Russ.

So I wanted him traded before the draft, get everything you can for him. Multiple picks + Sharpe + filler. (This example would have added the #3 and #17 picks this year) If there was a better/diff offer I woulda been all ears.

They didn't do that either.

Now we've extended him and will pay him 62 million a year to "hopefully" play 50 games a year at age 33-34-35.

When LeBron is no longer on the team.......

If we don't win the title this year, the next few years gon get real cloudy. :frown:

Can someone give me some examples of a team not offering an extension to a superstar still considered to be in their prime?

I’ll wait.

Soon as you give me examples of paying a brittle injury riddled star thru his 20's well into his mid 30's 62 mil per and it workin out, I'll also wait.

Lebron James, Kobe…

Kobe did not "work out"

And Bron did not make SIXTY TWO MILLION. :lol:

(I know you're talkin cap percentages with Bron)

Kobe's entire body broke down at 32-33. Bron been a tank his whole career and broke down since he got here.

AD is NOWHERE close to those two health wise thru their 20's.

I just bought another house for 850K in Orange County. Was it worth 850K since I still need to make some repairs on it in order for me to rent it out at max market value? Of course not. This market today, however, has homes that are vastly overpriced and its out of our control cause the market is the market. Basic supply and demand. Inventory is low just like elite big men inventory is low in the NBA lol

But property values and prices been jumping 20% year after year since 2020 except the last 12 months when inflation rates were at its peak but guess what, values still increased 5% in a supposedly "down" housing market. Just like salary caps and player salaries continue to increase in the NBA relative to the player's value.

What's my point? If the market calls for AD to get paid 60 mil at age 35, then it's something you do when you know AD gives you the best chance to win titles NOW. Additionally AD continues to flll the seats at Staples Center.

The market drives business, and the Lakers did the right thing because AD provides more equity in the franchise than a bunch of draft picks with unknown futures would.

With AD you get a top 5 Big Man, period. With my 850K house that needs repairs, I'll recoup what I spent in my initial investment to secure the property in two years when I have $120K in equity, ntm positive monthly cash flow renting it out in a strong rental market. That's a championship winning formula the way I look at it, and certainly the way the Lakers look at their investment called Anthony Davis.

Even a 35-year old AD will provide value in the future whether the Lakers keep him or trade him in 3 years, any way you slice it because in those three years the Lakers are CONTENDING FOR TITLES. Something you ain't gonna have with three 1st round draft picks on your roster.

You wanna WIN or miss the playoffs every year for the next 5 years?

DR. BUSS would've done the same thing, guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom