**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Just because AD's past injuries came off "random stuff" doesn't excuse the fact he has more wear n tear on that body, which is clearly why Pelinka wants to be more versatile and create more matchup advantages by going 2-Bigs and moving AD to PF for more stretches in games. With another big on the floor with him, AD becomes even more impactful in and out of the paint as a help defender.

We all know there's been a cumulative effect on AD's body over the years and we all know he's not built to bang, so why make it even harder for him as he gets older?

Good points on the Lakers' lack of two-way guards/forwards, which made it even harder for them to compete vs DEN, a solid all-around team.

But again, if AD doesn't have to guard Jokic full time and instead has another solid 7-footer alongside him to bother Jokic, it then allows AD to slide to the 4 and create a mismatch advantage against MPJ or AG, a matchup AD would win 10x outta 10. NTM, Jokic now has to worry about two 7-footers in the paint instead of one. Rebounding Advantage: Lakers.

Ultimately, you're proving my point. Why make it even harder on AD by having him be the center 99% of the time and the next biggest guy next to him is 6'8" Rui Hachimura? How they gonna compete against the elite teams who all have plenty of size and length?

Lakers need to add more capable big men so they can be, like you said, more versatile against any opponent. Therefore in the Lakers' case, bigger IS better because the additions of two-way players Prince and Vincent surely isn't enough to bring the same kind of impact Playoff Rondo, KCP, Caruso, DGreen, Kuzma and Kieff brought to that 2020 title team. Then you add impact bigs like Dwight and Javale to protect that paint and we wonder why AD looked like a bonafide MVP candidate in the playoffs that year.

Ntm, Big starting frontcourts always been the Lakers' championship formula.
I can do this too see…

Lebron at PF has always been his championship formula.

Everyone has wear and tear as the season goes along.

AD at PF against Den means he’s guarding Gordon and sagging off of him to help on Joker. So if he hits his outside shots like he did in game 4 for example that strategy doesn’t really work. Not to mention that center who’s playing next to AD is going to be Hayes or whoever they said as a FA… and do you think Joker is going to do to those guys? lol let’s be serious here.

Joker is arguably the best player in the game, there is no shutting him down. The best thing you can do is just limit the production of the others.

I am fine with the starting lineup they’ve been using w/ AD at the 5. But having the option of playing bigger AND smaller at times is a nice tool to have in the toolbox. I really don’t think anyone here is saying otherwise.

I can do this too see…

Lebron at PF has always been his championship formula.

Everyone has wear and tear as the season goes along.

AD at PF against Den means he’s guarding Gordon and sagging off of him to help on Joker. So if he hits his outside shots like he did in game 4 for example that strategy doesn’t really work. Not to mention that center who’s playing next to AD is going to be Hayes or whoever they said as a FA… and do you think Joker is going to do to those guys? lol let’s be serious here.

Joker is arguably the best player in the game, there is no shutting him down. The best thing you can do is just limit the production of the others.

I am fine with the starting lineup they’ve been using w/ AD at the 5. But having the option of playing bigger AND smaller at times is a nice tool to have in the toolbox. I really don’t think anyone here is saying otherwise.
Who said Hayes or any other Lakers center was shutting Joker down LOL. Ain't nobody shutting down Joker or Shaq or Duncan or Kobe or Kareem or Giannis bro. But....you can make it harder on those guys with the right personnel of defenders. I don't think you're getting the point.

Did Howard "shut down" Jokic in the 2020 WCF? Of course not. But he made it HARDER on Jokic. And that's why LAL beat them in 6. That's the point!

Who do you think can make it harder on Jokic, a 6'8" Hachimura or a 7'0 center like Javale, Hayes, or Howard? Again, that's the point!

Tell me something bro, how is it that "Lebron at PF has always been his championship formula" like you claim when Lebron has won 3 of his 4 championships as a starting SF?

Last edited:
brosizzle getting ready to type that jaxson hayes is equal to dwight ****ing howard in any form of his career

First of all, EYE NEVER said Hayes WAS EQUAL to Dwight Howard at any point during Howard's career. Stop snorting the coca and putting words in my mouth.

And in fact, it was PELINKA WHO LIKENED HAYES' POTENTIAL IMPACT TO THAT OF 2020 DWIGHT! Remember when Rob said that last month? I dont think you do.

But you will surely see Jaxson's impact this year. Be ready.

Last edited:
Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23

Bron/AD/Hayes all healthy on opening night. AD will be starting at center

$500

🧔
Lmaoooooo

So now you trying to change up my original bet LOL

To refresh your memory, I said months ago "I bet $200 that Hayes will start alongside AD by midseason/after the trade deadline." You balked and didn't accept.

I then said "Hayes would start alongside AD multiple times at ANY POINT during the season." You balked again cause you dam well know he going to start next to AD multiple times this year.

And now you wanna bet AD starts at the 5 over Hayes ONLY on Opening night? Lol. Talk about a fool's bet.

If you have that much lack of confidence in Hayes and think he's a scrub just like Jones, you'd easily bet me that he wouldn't start AT ALL next to AD at any point during the season cause you believe he ain't starter material. Common sense man. You say he sucks and is bench material. Thrn why not bet he won't start at all this year with a healthy AD in the lineup?

Instead you wanna play dumb and limit it to opening night LMAO.

Might as well bet he won't start in Game #82 as well. Lol

Here's the real deal holyfield man - I'll bet you $500 right now that HAYES WILL START MORE THAN ONE GAME AT ANY POINT THIS SEASON ALONGSIDE A HEALTHY AD. This is to prove that the Lakers fully intend to utilize a 2-Big lineup for a multitude of games this upcoming season, something they didn't do last season. That's thepoint I'm trying to make, not just Hayes starting on Opening freaking night. What a joke of a bet you just proposed lol

Last edited:
Y’all still doing this ********?

Here’s a news flash: this team is built to maximize Lebron James. You cannot play 40 year old Lebron at any position besides 4. That is why anthony Davis will play the 5 for as long as Lebron starts and plays on the Lakers.

Can we move on to the next topic please? Gah damn.

Y’all still doing this bull****?

Here’s a news flash: this team is built to maximize Lebron James Anthony Davis. You cannot play 40 year old Lebron at any position besides 4 Anthony Davis at the 5 full time like they did last year. That is why anthony Davis will play the 5 for as long as Lebron starts and plays on the Lakers 4 a lot more times this season and is why Rob Pelinka has made it known LA is going back to the 2-Big lineup this seson.

Can we move on to the next topic please? If Pelinka said they are going with more lineups involving 2-Bigs, is he lying to everyone? Gah damn.
FIXED.

Just fyi...LeBron guarded Dillon Brooks and Andrew Wiggins with much success during the 2023 playoffs.

Don't tell me 40-year old Bronny SR. can't guard small forwards LOL

Last edited:
Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 if Hayes is as good as you think he should be starting from day 1

Bron/AD healthy and Hayes won't start more than 10 games. $800
Yes Hayes will be good. But he ain't a star therefore one can't just say he's going to start opening night. Again, common sense. Hayes is what, 23? It may take some time before Jaxson starts, WHICH IS WHY I SAID FROM THE VERY BEGINNING that Hayes would start alongside AD by midseason.

And what if the Lakers sign Javale? If they do, McGee likely starts before Jaxson does and Hayes becomes Javale's pupil to learn under until he's ready.

In other words if we get Javale, then I don't expect Hayes to be starting next to AD because Hayes would instead start the season watching how Javale impacts the game as the starting center before Jaxson is ready for the role.

The Lakers landing Javale could change up who starts at center but either way, whether they sign Javale,Wood, or amy other big Lakers are going to go with the 2-Big lineup for at least 10 games.

If Lakers sign McGee, I'll bet $800 Lakers go with 2-Big starting lineup (any combination of Hayes-AD or Javale-AD) for at least 10 games or more at any point throughout the 2023-24 regular season and playoffs

Sound scared to me. Mcgee won't start 10 games with everyone healthy. $2.5k
That's not the point I'm making.

The point is Lakers going to go 2-Bigs for at least 10 games or more (reg season and playoffs), whether its AD-Hayes or AD-Javale. That's the bet if they sign Javale or any other big for that matter.

$3K

Not with everyone healthy.

Bet accepted :pimp:
Bet. To be paid after the conclusion of the 2023-24 playoffs.

I say: Everyone healthy, Lakers going to go 2-Big starting lineup for at least 10 games or more (reg season and playoffs), whether its AD-Hayes or AD-Javale. That's the bet if they sign Javale or any other big for that matter.

You say: Everyone healthy, Lakers do NOT go 2-Big starting lineup for at least 10 games or more during the 2023-24 regular season and playoffs, whether its AD-Hayes, AD-Javale, or AD-any other Big man.

Reply to confirm acceptance.

Bet. Now shut up please :lol:
Only way I'm gonna shut up about Hayes and the Lakers' intention to go 2-Bigs in the starting lineup is if AD ever wins a chip as the sole big man on the starting 5 and if Jaxson gets traded or cut before the end of the season.

Our bet ain't over til next July so best believe this topic ain't goin nowhere. Good thing you ain't insecure like others here that they were compelled to hit the ignore button :lol:

Back
Top Bottom