**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If so, why isn't there anybody else besides bigleemelone who wanna put they money where they mouth is regarding the Lakers' intention to go 2-Bigs in the starting lineup?

I'm still taking bets bro. Season don't start for another month and a half

Already got $3K ready to go. I'm open for business.

LMK :lol:
Just make it make sense.

You:

It’s okay for Lebron to play more physically demanding position during the regular season because the team has depth, but also he’ll play about 30 minutes a night at said position.

Also you:

AD should play less minutes at more physically taxing position during the regular season despite the team also having depth at that position.

Seems to me like the Lakers should use their depth to play their two stars fewer minutes and/or load manage to keep them fresher during the season but hey maybe that’s just me.

Just make it make sense.

You:

It’s okay for Lebron to play more physically demanding position during the regular season because the team has depth, but also he’ll play about 30 minutes a night at said position.

Also you:

AD should play less minutes at more physically taxing position during the regular season despite the team also having depth at that position.

Seems to me like the Lakers should use their depth to play their two stars fewer minutes and/or load manage to keep them fresher during the season but hey maybe that’s just me.
Lol, who says Lebron playing SF means he is playing "a more physically demanding position?" Show me a quote from either me or Lebron James in the last 3 years where either Bron or I say that playing SF is more physically demanding for him LOL

What's funny is YOU said this NOT me. Stop putting words in my mouth and moving goalposts bro. Seriously.

Find a quote where I literally said that Bron playing Small Forward is "physically more demanding to him" especially after I told you a million times that Bron guarded SMALL FORWARDS Wiggins and Dillon Brooks with no issues during the playoffs, suggesting he would have ZERO problems doing so in the regular season especially since Lakers now have a lot more depth at that position.

Bron has never said in the last 3 years since winning the chip that he didn't want to play SF. On the other hand, AD has MADE IT CLEAR a thousand times he prefers to play Power Forward.

You seem like an intelligent guy, so I know you're following the logic here.

I make it make sense. Therefore you right, it's Just You, my friend.

Last edited:
Don't really like the idea of starting Rui next to AD and Bron. But when Rui got the contract that he did, then I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

Ironically Rui fits better with Gabe, Prince and Wood. And Vando fits with DLo, Reaves, Bron and AD.

Think Gabe and Rui play better as starters. D'lo should be effective either way. I been wondering if they'll just ride the momentum from the playoffs with Rui/Gabe starting

ehhh on either as better fits as starters.

DLo is the court spreader. And he and AR play well off each other. Gabe is a very competent player, but his inabilities as a guard make him a much better bench player.
Rui will get more shots being mixed in with starters as opposed to running with them first unit. And Vando’s defense and energy (if they figure out how to maintain it for 20-25 minutes) fits better with an older LeBron.

IDK man D'Lo is easily the best shooter on the team & is also a way better playmaker than Gabe (not to mention the chemistry with Austin) those are two important things next to Bron/AD. He was absolute money running with those two the whole regular season.

random but i didn't know Castleton was 250, I rather them use him some this season & utilize that two way spot/ sign him later in the season. has a very unique skill set & has immediate NBA size

I'm saying Gabe is better as a starter then he is off the bench. For that reason I could see D'lo off the bench. And they've been talking about giving Reaves more responsibility so it would be more balanced to split them up to start and then mix them in together with and without Bron

I'm saying Gabe is better as a starter then he is off the bench. For that reason I could see D'lo off the bench. And they've been talking about giving Reaves more responsibility so it would be more balanced to split them up to start and then mix them in together with and without Bron

But it doesn’t benefit Austin.

Gabe isn’t a catch and shoot guy. He isn’t a slasher. He isn’t a scorer.

If Gabe was a shooter then the point would be much more valuable. But Gabe, Bron, AD and either Rui or Vando is a really bad shooting team.

Could DLo have stretches where he’s the guy running the second unit? Absolutely.
But the bulk of his minutes should be with starters.

Gabe Vincent is not starting for the Los Angeles Lakers :rofl:

We gotta see how he play under these bright LA lights man

dood had 1 decent playoff run.

Rooting for him, but he gotta show it to me in the purp and gold

That goes for all the new guys...

lights is the brightest here.

All I'm saying is he didn't break out until Lowry went out and he was a starter. Dlo is fine with the starters. If they're gonna put the ball in Austin's hands more then it makes sense to have D'lo off the bench instead of 3 playmakers in the starting line. And then he gets more usage himself. Dlo and Reaves are the 2 best guards. Gabe/Reaves and Dlo/Christie is just more balanced. I think dlo probably starts anyway

IDK man D'Lo is easily the best shooter on the team & is also a way better playmaker than Gabe (not to mention the chemistry with Austin) those are two important things next to Bron/AD. He was absolute money running with those two
until he ran into a familiar foe named the nba playoffs

Don't really like the idea of starting Rui next to AD and Bron. But when Rui got the contract that he did, then I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.
Vando makes more sense but politics rules again. “Rui makes a lot of money so we HAVE to start him, even at the detriment of the team”

I come in peace not really

Y’all might as well start LbJ at the 5 and Rui at 3.

Hayes going from dnpcd to starting C for the lakers should tell y’all what the szn has in store.

That depth chart is thin too. I’m rooting for Cam but he’s not dependable as it stands. Taurean Prince hasn’t made a sound in a while. I’ve seen Gabe getting abused too many times to be moved by him tho he is admittedly an upgrade for the team.

37 - 45

I come in peace not really

Y’all might as well start LbJ at the 5 and Rui at 3.

Hayes going from dnpcd to starting C for the lakers should tell y’all what the szn has in store.

That depth chart is thin too. I’m rooting for Cam but he’s not dependable as it stands. Taurean Prince hasn’t made a sound in a while. I’ve seen Gabe getting abused too many times to be moved by him tho he is admittedly an upgrade for the team.

37 - 45
1694121189564.gif

With all due respect

Back
Top Bottom