**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This supposed to be some sort of safe-haven echo chamber?
For Lakers fans, yes. Team threads have always functioned that way. People can make fun of the Knicks all they want in the NBA thread or in here or in any other thread on NikeTalk, but in the Knicks thread? Absolutely not. In the Knicks thread, Patrick Ewing is the greatest center of all time and any year they don't win it all, it was rigged.

You know, like Kings fans.

Thread still going so there is no was as you put it.

Don’t let that distract you from the fact your team is still ***.

Lakers *** made the WCF last season clearly improved in the off-season. What would that make the Knicks then? A 2 pack of ***? 🤔

Yall gonna be severely disappointed if you expect AD to be "That Dude" on a nightly basis.

I just want him to be available and play 65+ games :lol:

60 million dollars a season, availability and much more consistency is absolutely a realistic ask. Severely reducing not being a rollercoaster player and the general lethargy he has been far too often after the first season with is also reasonable hope.

We all know he's going to miss time, but the times he's there, he needs to be superstar AD the vast majority of those.

AD was a beast last season. I expect more of the same but he can't carry the offense and defense every night. Nobody in the league does that and he never slacks on defense

I think asking AD to be the best defensive player in the league makes his offense inconsistent. But hopefully with more engaged defense from others and improved personnel, his defensive effort won't have to be at a 12 out of 10 while being expected to score 25+ a night to keep the team afloat.

Exactly.

Team is setting themselves up for failure to ask AD to give his all on both sides, night in and out. They just need to focus on doing whatever it takes to keep him on the court.

Give us 70-75 games played and he'll automatically be considered for DPOY, MVP, etc.

Lakers *** made the WCF last season clearly improved in the off-season. What would that make the Knicks then? A 2 pack of ***? 🤔
Lakers won 2 more games than the Knicks this postszn.
NYK did that with a new point guard running the team and kids finding their footing.

Since then they’ve only added some of his best friends from college while keeping majority of those babybockers. And everyone fits pretty damn well and knows their role now.

This opposed to the scrap heap y’all gotta pick from every year to shore things up. ****, Immanuel Quickley, the Knicks’ backup guard/ would be an upgrade in that locker room at said position.

Lettuce also not act like the two teams as constructed are worlds away in their respective conferences. Your superstar just happens to be one of the greatest of all times.
Speaking of conferences, Boston nor Philly really scaring anyone in NY these days. With some friendly seeding, ECF can be had imo.

Mia is really like that older brother at this stage in the return to contention.

Clearly improved tho?!!

Go back & see the bit about Gabe not being enough.

Everyone else is going to disappoint or disappear.

That’s the same dumb *** that said Bron’s kid faked his heart issue because he didn’t want to deal with the pressure of being his son and playing ball.

Have fun supporting a team that’s built around Julius Randle and the guy that was losing games for team USA

what-the-hell-whats-going-on.gif

Training camp and media day will be here shortly. Until then not much to talk about…

Not sure if this is place for this but I picked up 2K24 the other day…the attention to detail in Mamba Moments is pretty sweet. OG Hyperdunks, classic Kobe PE’s, even played a game where Fish was rocking the headband over his ears lol

IMG_1848.jpeg

Crazy underrated shoe. I want this pair and the og black pair badly

IMG_1030.jpeg
Had the black pair and the MPLS colorway back in day…. I remember someone said I was wearing boxing shoes 😂

Wouldn’t say they were great kicks to hoop in…recall the traction being suspect and they weren’t very supportive…but they were Kobe’s so that meant they were going to be my default go to in ball.

RIP KB24 🙏🏾

Been addressed this goober MajinZuub MajinZuub and don’t care anymore that he’s still all shook up.

Everything else from dude is just nonsense that don’t warrant the effort.

Next.

Back
Top Bottom