**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Age 31, 40 mil
Age 32, 43 mil
Age 33, 57 mil
Age 34, 62 mil
Age 35, 67 mil

We're worried about him, TODAY, still at age 30, stepping up and being "the guy". At a cool 40 mil. With LeBron.

But we expect this to suddenly improve over the next 4 years.......without Bron around to help out.

:frown:

We better win this title this season. Cuz......
Day 2 of the 23-24 NBA season
This-is-fine GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Day 2 of the 23-24 NBA season
This-is-fine GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Think AD's desire to play more PF (which means he'll be more perimeter based) and the guards having more freedom is going to result in even more inconsistent nights.

AD going ghost didn’t help

AD plays right into his hands floating around the perimeter and lately has struggled scoring inside against him. If AD doesn't take his head out of his *** it won't matter what you do. He has to step up. AD is a walking mismatch every game, and even with him complainIng about playing the 5, it's his best position. He usually has an advantage on his matchup everynight gets to the line because of it.

Jokic doesn't even sniff foul trouble when they play. That is a MAJOR ISSUE.

One game in and my boy on FB just posted that he's ready to trade AD to the first offer we get. 😂
Screenshot_20231025_000621_Facebook.jpg

He was born in 2000. 🤣

Nevermind on the 2 seed if this is the case. AD ain't built for this.

I'ma tell you why I'm mad son

This right here, they was disrespectful all off-season you heard it and you no-show, put up a whole donut in the 2nd half. I don't like to overreact but damn.

Bron on a minutes restriction will be hard to watch. Just can’t trust AD to be that guy.

AD gotta be better. Plain and simple.

But this isn't anything new.

He should change his name to AI.

Always inconsistent.

I don't feel like I'm the only one with this concern. I was told to shut up when the extension came thru, but seems like literally just the first game and we see a great first half followed by a complete disappearance in the second half.....kinda concerning as his age increases as well as his dollars.

AD picked up boxing and i thought it would help with his cardio but i guess not :lol:

he just can't have the main defensive duties against an elite 5 man i think it is what it is

AD will probably drop 30 and 10 next game and will just be waiting on him to disappear later.

He is just way too inconsistent to depend on and we extended him.

Yall did this same belly aching last year and then they went on a run to the conference finals. Stop the blood clot crying
this is true so im trying to wait and see how it plays out in apr/may lol

still feel we need another 5 though. upgrade from dlo seems implausible but that would be nice :lol:

2-Big starting lineup against DEN, MIL, BOS, PHX, PHI is THE ONLY answer to the Lakers inability to compete with the championship contenders

Otherwise we ain't winning #18 OR Lakers better hope and pray they get to the Finals and avoid facing any of those 5 teams LOL

Who wants to argue and debate with me? I can do this all day long til we blue in the face :lol:

Yall did this same belly aching last year and then they went on a run to the conference finals. Stop the blood clot crying

Our goal.......to get swept in the conference finals by a team that had never been to the finals in franchise history....... :frown:

We really can’t be this worked up after the 1st game now, can we?

I’m over it

Who's worked up?

Anthony Davis, who has been hurt roughly half his career, has had every nickname you can think of in terms of street clothes, Always Disabled, etc, there was concern about him carrying the team last year as Bron gets closer and closer to the end.

We gave him another 186 million on top of the two years he still had left. Tying us to him for 5 more seasons.

And game 1, against a team that mopped the floor with us, he goes scoreless in the 2nd half.

This isn't worked up, this is us discussing something we've dealt with for a while now with AD. At AGE TWENTY SIX we expected, thought, hoped he would take over the franchise from mid 30's LeBron. 4+ years later, we still waiting and wondering and unsure??? :frown:

(He's going to go 42-20 tomorrow night, I fully expect that, and it will be triple loud in here and it will be glorious :lol: but then we'll all wonder if 10-7 is the next game after that. Because that's been the pattern we've seen)

I don't like it cuz it makes the fan base divided too. If you critical of AD you hate him then when he plays good it's "Oh where ya'll now?!?".

That's what we want him to do.

It's one extreme or the next. It's 40,12 and 4 block. Then it's 15 on 6-17. I understand he got a lot on his plate defensively so I was hesitant to criticize him last year but after that game 4 performance, him telling us he heard all the Denver talk this offseason and you do that? Bruh.

If Lakers lose to PHX with Prince as the 5th starter and no Booker and Beal, then what? 😂

I'm going to be VERY critical of the Lakers this entire season.

With a full training camp together with this roster I expect at least one to two 10+ game winning streaks. No excuses.

Not going to quote your post C CP1708 because of the length but I’ll reply here…

Just for the record, my feelings about AD haven’t changed… BEST defensive player in the league, that’s why they’re paying him the max contract. He’s not some offensive juggernaut, he’s not a primary ball handler AND if you pack the paint against the Lakers that can really neutralizes his effectiveness (but it does open up things for his teammates on the perimeter). I am critical of AD when he settles for jumpers or isn’t rebounding the ball like he’s capable of (and sometimes it’s a result of teams drawing him away from the basket).

Yesterday AD was aggressive in the 3rd, just not effective. And in the 4th, LBJ was being more assertive… plus the team turned the ball over like 4-5x. There’s only so many shots to go around, but between those turnovers and Gabe taking some jumpers you would’ve liked to get AD a few more attempts there but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom