**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

They hate watch the games lol just peep their comments before and during games :lol:
I think some think it's some kind of reverse jinx while others just want to run in here and be like "I told you so!"
Facts :lol:. Shaq never even played defense like this or averaged 30 but AD'S a bum if he doesn't do it every single game. And then when he does it's a silent movie in here. I can't take no more :smh:

It worked because you need SIZE and LENGTH to make it harder for Durant to score, not "6'8" Smurfs" like Troy Brown, Rui, Prince, etc.

Need 6'10" - 6'11" guys like Wood, AD, Hayes guarding him, which is why the 2-Big lineup was successful all night long against PHX.

Same approach needs to be applied when facing teams like DEN, BOS, MIL

I'm gonna be saying this on repeat the entire season
I'VE BEEN SAYING HASSAN FOR 2 YEARS BRO

Who's expecting AD to score 30 every game? I sure ain't. That ain't AD's game.

He's at best a 23-25 ppg scorer but what's more important is that AD should be playing elite defensive basketball every game. That's what the expectation should be.

If AD isn't averaging 12-15 boards per game, if he isn't one of the top 5 rebounders and shot blockers in the league, then he is underachieving.

The scoring is just a bonus as evidenced by the fact that AD aint even ultra aggressive enough to get to the foul line at will in the 4th quarter like the elite scorers can. Not to mention, AD doesnt even really have a repertoire of go-to moves that he can fully depend on when its tine to put up buckets like the elite scorers can do.

AD is Scottie Pippen to Lebron's Jordan. Thats the best way to put it. And did Scottie ever win a ring without Mike? Nope, because he was never an ALPHA. Pip had a more balanced, deeper, and complete team in Portland in '99 than the Lakers did and when tasked to be the leader of the team and get his Blazers to the promised land, Pip's leadership blew a 3-2 lead to the Lakers in the 2000 WCF, then got swept by the same Lakers the following year in the playoffs, and the rest is history.

You think if AD were on the 2021 Milwaukee Bucks instead of Giannis he would've led them to the title playing with his former teammate Jrue? My money says No, because AD wouldnt be able to be the #1 Alpha that Giannis was and still is. That's why year after year Giannis is a perennial MVP candidate.

But if you put a big man next to AD and Bron on the floor at all times, you might just get the same results as 2019-20.

Last edited:
wood is 6 foot 8

KD is 6 foot 11
You must love being wrong
Screenshot_20231027_191600_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231027_191742_Chrome.jpg

And even if he is 6'8 and three quarters lol, dude got like a 7-5 wingspan and nowhere does it say anywhere that Wood plays small forward

He a career long PF/C.

So if one big + another big are on the floor for the Lakers at the same time, how many bigs does that make

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Last edited:
do you photoshop your stats to fulfil your fantasies?
Screenshot_20231027_225113_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231027_225144_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231027_225209_Sports.jpg

Screenshot_20231027_225126_Samsung Internet.jpg
You must love being wrong

Photoshop this buddy
👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
Screenshot_20231027_233402_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20231027_233438_Google.jpg

So I guess AD must be 6'8" and 3/4 then 😂

And even if Wood is 6'8 and a quarter lol, dude got like a 7-5 wingspan and nowhere does it say anywhere that Wood plays small forward

He a career long PF/C.

So if one big + another big are on the floor for the Lakers at the same time, how many bigs does that make 👀

Need a tape measure?
😂
Screenshot_20231027_191600_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231027_191742_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
The mental gymnastics y'all goin thru to defend AD. :lol:

"But everyone game plans to stop him, what do you expect him to doooooo?!?!?!?"

:lol:

Nobody game plans for Steph? Luka? Giannis? Embiid? KD? Bron? Dame? Booker? Kawhi? Fox? Jokic?

"AD doesn't get the ball, it's someone else's fault"

"It's ok he misses 30+ games a year, no big."

But hey, he MUST be paid 67 million dollars a year at age 35. How could you expect more from him you tyrants?!?!? :smh:

When Bron breaks down before Thanksgiving we can revisit all this.

Facts :lol:. Shaq never even played defense like this or averaged 30 but AD'S a bum if he doesn't do it every single game. And then when he does it's a silent movie in here. I can't take no more :smh:

We're any of us here during the Shaq and Kobe era?

Legit just asking.

The mental gymnastics y'all goin thru to defend AD. :lol:

"But everyone game plans to stop him, what do you expect him to doooooo?!?!?!?"

:lol:

Nobody game plans for Steph? Luka? Giannis? Embiid? KD? Bron? Dame? Booker? Kawhi? Fox? Jokic?

"AD doesn't get the ball, it's someone else's fault"

"It's ok he misses 30+ games a year, no big."

But hey, he MUST be paid 67 million dollars a year at age 35. How could you expect more from him you tyrants?!?!? :smh:

When Bron breaks down before Thanksgiving we can revisit all this.
If you’re going to bring up some of my points why AD isn’t a 30 ppg scorer, at least reply or @ me buddy 😂

And every thing I said is pretty much common sense. Yes all superstars get the schemed against, AD is still able to average 25-26 regardless. But there is a ceiling to what he can do because the man can’t dribble very well and he can’t shoot.

Even if AD isn’t the one doing the scoring all the time, as long as he’s here and has defenses shook to the point where all 5 defenders are in the paint…that’s a good thing! Because it means the other Lakers should be wide open and they just have to make their shots…there’s value in that too. Seems like your argument keeps coming back to not liking the AD extension… oh in 2028 he’s going to be making blah blah blah, man who cares 😂 worry about that when the day comes. In the meantime be happy the dude is here and helping the Lakers be a legit contender to win a championship.

It's still amazes me how AD's jump shot just fell off a cliff seemingly out of nowhere. He was a solid jump shooter and mid-range shooting was a big part of his game before he got to LA, he shot really well in 19-20 (and couldn't miss in the bubble) and his jumper has been broken for the last three consecutive years. His mechanics look the same and everything. Never seen anything like it

It's still amazes me how AD's jump shot just fell off a cliff seemingly out of nowhere. He was a solid jump shooter and mid-range shooting was a big part of his game before he got to LA, he shot really well in 19-20 (and couldn't miss in the bubble) and his jumper has been broken for the last three consecutive years. His mechanics look the same and everything. Never seen anything like it
His jump shot was never that good to begin with and it's definitely regressed since he came to LA (minus the bubble of course).

Capture.PNG

Back
Top Bottom