**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I see the Pelicans are favored. Slightly, but favored. Surely the Suns were favored last night, right?

Nah lakers were favored by 2 I believe

Pelicans are healthy and have athletes. This is going to be tough. Have to attack Zion defensively. Happy to have vando back against BI.

Keep it a buck, Memphis wasn't elite nor really was washed up GS. Will he be able to hold up and not be the person he's been the vast majority of his playoff career? I don't think so. He doesn't seem to have the trust of the staff down the stretch of the majority of these close games, despite how well he's played this regular season, which does speak volumes.

the thing is there is no team in the league right now that i think is "elite" the closest are Probably Denver if fully healthy & the Celtics. And to be fair in his past stops and playoff performances his teams were putting him in a roll that he just isn't good enough to control

In BK 34% usage
in MIN 22% usage

And basically being the sole provider of PG responsibility, he is NOT that guy. But that's Okay on a team that has LBJ, AR & hell even Vincent when he gets back has shown the abiltiy to be a plus in high leverage situations.

I think If we get the D'Lo we got throught the first two rounds of the offs, that's a helpful player. I'm not gonna act like i have 100% confidence in him as a psuedo "star" but as a role player who just needs to hit shots & make plays for stretches of the game i think it can work.

If the team does make it to the mid season championship game i hope it's against the Bucks..... So the Lakers can see straight up Why it's important to get another legit big next to AD. AD is one of maybe like 3 guys in the league who can physically contain Giannis & he won't be guarding him the majority of the game because he'll be stuck having to deal with Brook Lopez

If the team does make it to the mid season championship game i hope it's against the Bucks..... So the Lakers can see straight up Why it's important to get another legit big next to AD. AD is one of maybe like 3 guys in the league who can physically contain Giannis & he won't be guarding him the majority of the game because he'll be stuck having to deal with Brook Lopez
Maybe it will change, but AD has been matched up with Giannis and Bron matched up with Lopez in the past.

No Dlo hate it’s just hard to close with Dlo and ar. Can really only have 1. Good thing there’s 48 minutes in a basketball game though.

DLo and AR are 110/102 together in the 4th
Add AD it’s 113/101 as a 3 man lineup in 4th
Bron for AD 113/101 as a 3 man lineup in the 4th
Bron/Ad/DLo/AR 112/97 as a 4 man lineup in the 4th

Overblown issue.

The issue is who is the 5th guy.

It isn’t a perfect marriage. But they need guys who can hit a shot too. They don’t have enough of those guys outside of DLo and AR

Last edited:
It’ll be a good test come tomorrow. They have Jonas in the middle and got some athletic wings. Curious to see how this plays out.

Bron is fine guarding Lopez.

I liked how Hayes played yesterday.

Not really too worried about The pels honestly, Historically B.I does kill us but he also has a tendency of taking some difficult shots but with Vando, Cam & Max i think they have enough quickness/length to make things rough on him. Zion can be a problem, but someone who scores the majority of points in the paint going up against AD is a bet i'm willing to take.

Tomorrow will be tough.
And what’s up with Pels getting an extra day of rest when were UNDEFEATED in this tournament?

1701894139261.png

We all know Lebrons greatness

But for AR to have the balls to take that shot. Amazing. Undrafted :pimp: He’s big time
Some say AR doesn't possess star quality or star power or even have a chance to be picked as an All Star in the future, yet time n time again he always seems to always step up und play like one in playoff-type games

EYE Test > Stats

there were several playoff games last season, where D'lo made big shots/plays when the team really needed it. He's definitely a flawed player but people are acting as if his Denver series is reflective of his entire tenure here the second time around.
What do you think happens when/if the Lakers meet DEN again in the playoffs?

Would all those great games DLo had against the Detroits of the world matter then?

At the end of the day, if DLo continues to struggle and be a liability against the champs and title contenders, then that's a big time negative.

DLo has to play better against DEN for sustained periods in a 7 game series. He has no choice.

Lakers certainly already know a 1-Big lineup isn't going to work against MIL in a 7 game series.

Going to be interesting how often Ham will pair AD with another big. Chances are, he continues playing 1-Big the majority of AD's minutes even if the Bucks are beating the Lakers lol

Some say AR doesn't possess star quality or star power or even have a chance to be picked as an All Star in the future, yet time n time again he always seems to always step up und play like one in playoff-type games

EYE Test > Stats
By this logic this D Fish and Horry were robbed of several all star awards as well

#EYETEST

Hey since we’re reminiscing I also recall sometime telling me that the Suns would be better this season because Nurk > Ayton

😂😂😂

EYE don’t know what you’re watching but please stop sharing these awful takes with me

By this logic this D Fish and Horry were robbed of several all star awards as well

#EYETEST
Was 8x all defensive, 5x champion, and the 86-87 DPOY Michael Cooper a star even though Coop never played in an all-star game? Definitely Not in YOUR eyes.

But he was certainly a "star" and key figure in all his teammates eyes as well as those who played against him.

Same can be said for Fish and Horry

Dont worry, AR will play in an All Star game and you can see with your own two eyes that he is n fact a star. Just not the "elite superstar" definition with which you measure the word 'star' by.

Was Manu Ginobili an elite superstar like Kobe and Bron? Of course he wasn't.

He was one hell of a 6th man star though. Call Manu a role player all you want, Austin Reaves and Alex Ginobili bleed the same blood as Manu the 6th man star because they up the level of their play when the playoffs begin and those are traits that make a star regardless of how many ppg they're averaging.

#EYETEST

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom