**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

while you struggle to grasp why our team isn't very good. :lol:
I think everyone in here clearly knows why....

Scoring & shooting.

Lebron been great. He is not the cause of our issues.

He's exceeding the expectations I had for him this season.

Happy with his play.....turn overs, bad shots and all.

Not happy with:
Vando
Cam
Hayes
Gabe

Having 3 perimeter guys who cant shoot hurts all of our rotations, no matter what combo you try to string together.

Almost every single loss we have is because the other team makes more 3's than we do.

It's not rocket science.

You might be right, but I’ll take the fools gold runs until Lebron retires.

No telling how long it will take to get this close again.

I recognize I am delusional, but I will always think they have a chance if they can just get in. Just get in and let the chips fall where they may.

Then we aren't REALLY competing for 18.

Hitching our wagon to a 39 then 40 then 41 year old isn't really gonna work. (39 being our best logical chance......kinda like 38 mighta been an actual better chance than 39, etc)

So firing yet another coach and/or trading for Lavine accomplishes, what, exactly?

Last year was our best chance the way things broke, Grizz injured, washed Warriors team.

AD playing the best ball of his career as a Laker only missing a couple of games and we're still around .500.

The teams we'll be competing with got better and we honestly regressed quite a bit with the ancillary pieces. That's not a recipe for a title run.

They have to start the bridge process this trade deadline though to maximize the contracts we have available cause mainly D'Lo even though nobody wants him won't be in the equation after that time.

So we don't want a real, legit shot at a title, or sink enough to reset/rebuild proper, so swim away in mediocrity.......

Jeanie loves us.....

We aren't going to be able to truly turn the page until Bron retires/leaves on his own, that's obvious. He's not a Laker lifer, but at this point has enough good will to leave when he wants.

Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

We aren't going to be able to truly turn the page until Bron retires/leaves on his own, that's obvious. He's not a Laker lifer, but at this point has enough good will to leave when he wants.

Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

If he said "aye, lemme get traded to Miami"

We honor that, right? :nerd:

not trading bron and not wasting any posts talking about it, sorry.

Only/last thing I’ll say: It’s hilarious you guys trust Rob to rebuild after watching him repeatedly fail building around bron and ad.

Den has obviously earned their respect but what other team in the West would any of you guys pick in a 7 game series vs Bron and AD?

Please don’t be fooled by regular season pickup basketball

Den has obviously earned their respect but what other team in the West would any of you guys pick in a 7 game series vs Bron and AD?

Even if it's only Denver that's all that's matters. They for sure don't have anything for Boston either.

Good question. If we’re fully healthy, Denver is the only team

But something about that Dallas matchup we can’t figure out for the past couple seasons

And clippers will be tough to beat

Boston for sure would beat us in the finals

Lebron needs more from his impact bigs aka Axtion Jaxson needs to starting axtioning 😂
Get me some got damn Bigs!!!!!

That's the Number one problem and all y'all finna see that until AD is at the 4 and LA gets a REAL center to play the 5 next to him, we ain't winning jackxxxx and you know it.

PROVE TO ME WE CAN WIN A GOTDAM TITLE WITH AD AT THE 5 SURROUNDED 6'8" FORWARDS AND SHOOTERS BUT I BET ANYONE HERE IT AINT HAPPENIN

If it’s only Den in the west, then they’d be a Jamal Murray ankle sprain or MPJ backitis injury away from anything happening…

And that’s even before getting into the fact that the Lakers are longer this year have more size to throw at him (super pause)

Also is another team that do you REALLY trust them in the playoffs? They’re relying on Porzingis staying healthy (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT) and whether or not Tatum’s side step threes are going in because he’s not going to stop launching them… I def wouldn’t put money on them in any series (not that I’m a gambling man just in case any degenerates are lurking 👀)

If it’s only Den in the west, then they’d be a Jamal Murray ankle sprain or MPJ backitis injury away from anything happening…

And that’s even before getting into the fact that the Lakers are longer this year have more size to throw at him (super pause)

Also is another team that do you REALLY trust them in the playoffs? They’re relying on Porzingis staying healthy (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT) and whether or not Tatum’s side step threes are going in because he’s not going to stop launching them… I def wouldn’t put money on them in any series (not that I’m a gambling man just in case any degenerates are lurking 👀)

I don't trust any of our ancillary pieces which is the issue. We have zero margin for error even with Bron and AD playing at peak performance.

Even if by some miracle we get outta the West, Boston smacking the **** outta us.

Other than a shooter and/or defensive guard, who here besides me thinks the Lakers are going to acquire a center/big man before the trade deadline?

Serious question.

I don't trust any of our ancillary pieces which is the issue. We have zero margin for error even with Bron and AD playing at peak performance.

Even if by some miracle we get outta the West, Boston smacking the **** outta us.
nah boston aint ****.

lakers had a chance to beat boston last game but that 12-0 deficit ham gifted us to start the game by starting cam and vando at the same time was too much

Wanna beat BOS? Get players who have chips on their shoulder and would be motivated to prove something.

Acquire Rozier for pay back against his former team, I'm sure he'd be hungry af to play well against his former team in a Finals series. And get Bridges, who obviously has a lot to prove so he can reinvent himself for his next payday.

And of course, we still need a true center and that man is Richards, who just 2 weeks ago had a solid game vs Jokic.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-11-2024_5-16-40PM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom