**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

EYE think JJ has all the makings of being the next Phil Jackson. I mean, he has a J in his name, he has a CK in his name...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We used to be a serious franchise.

:smh:
st.jpg
3r.jpg

:emoji_thinking:

Your 2024 Lakers starting lineup similar to your 2022 Playoff Starting Lineup

(Like it or hate it, that’s what it’s shaping to be).

Main difference in Conley vs DLo is DLo crapped the bed in playoffs back to back years vs Denver (38% FG throughout the series this year, 32% last year and literally played off floor for defensive liabilities). Conley shooting close to his averages on the year vs Denver, while maintaining everything else. DLo shrank while Conley played consistent vs the same Denver team. There's guys who step up and embrace the moment and others where the lights are too bright.

Out of those 3 coaching options, give me Borrego, but I'm not happy with any of them :lol:.

1716313029454.png

1716313108468.png

Regular season players are fools gold… what’s the point of signing a player, spending all season establishing him as a part of the core when you KNOW for a FACT that his game does not translate to the playoffs. I’d rather devote my money, time and resources to someone who will… even if they have a lower ceiling (ex Conley)

Great books. Read them both. Love them.

But if we simply review what happens on the court......

Last 14 years, 1 Finals

14 years prior to that, 7 Finals
14 years prior to that, 7 Finals
14 years prior to that, 6 Finals
14 years prior to that, 6 Finals

So, before this current stretch, it was 62 seasons, and 31 NBA Finals. For SIX DECADES we were in the Finals an average of 1 every 2 years.

So, again, we used to be a serious franchise.

Back
Top Bottom