**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Orlando could create a lot of cap space this summer…
1716600414508.png

Need shooting? Why not get crazy and go after KCP & Klay… DLo wouldn’t even be on my radar if I were them

How do you watch that playoff game and see the physicality and think Dlo can be a starter in that sort of environment?

Once again, I'd rather have TJ than Dlo for the playoffs. Regular season is a different story.

1716692620579.png

Thought I read Lebron makes more if he opts out and signs a new deal... if so, then yeah technically he'll be a free agent.

He's not leaving LA, not even entertaining that mess this summer.

Watching this new Lakers Nation video…assuming there is no FA market for him, and eliminating the teams already over the 1st apron these are the sign and trade team options.

1716695567959.png

How can only one team want Dlo? Don’t these other GMs know about all of Essential’s advanced stats on Dlo ? :lol: I kid I kid :lol:
We don't even know for sure that the Magic even really wants him... I think people are just looking at their team needs, DLo's skillset and assuming that there is interest. Of course if that's all you're looking at it makes sense, but taking into account the total DLo experience I have my doubts about the validity of those rumors.

If both
We don't even know for sure that the Magic even really wants him... I think people are just looking at their team needs, DLo's skillset and assuming that there is interest. Of course if that's all you're looking at it makes sense, but taking into account the total DLo experience I have my doubts about the validity of those rumors.

I mean it's essentially, no pun intended, the same situation as last summer. He had a bad showing in the playoffs and decreased his value again. He's going to have to take a paycut annual salary wise regardless, I find it hard to believe anyone is giving him a multi-year deal at this point.

The first apron trade restriction is going to send everything haywire for a bunch of teams.
If you're over, you can't take more money back. Have to either save money in a trade, or match dollar for dollar 100%.
Second apron basically handcuffs you to only 1 for 1 trades, where you send more money out.

Lakers are a first apron team by default if DLo opts in. Also first apron if they try to sign & trade him.

So if DLo were to opt in or sign & trade for a number, every player they trade for needs to be less than $18.7mil. Could increase that, but would need to attach another name to him.

CBA did a couple things last few years, gutted the middle salaries for contributing role players, and made it impossible to navigate as a close to the or over apron teams.

What Pelinka needs to do is sign and trade DLow so the Lakers can preserve DLow's cap space while improving the team instead of losing him for nothing.

Aside from ORL, the only other team that makes sense as a DLow trade partner is New Orleans, who needs a point guard badly.

We need a big body center that NO currently has as an UFA.

Sign and Trade Valanciunas for DLow. 2 to 3-year deals at $15-18 mil per yr and call it a day.

Lakers could then package Rui, AR, JHS, Lewis, plus the 3 first rounders to obtain Mitchell

Sign CP3 and maybe Dinwiddie to vet minimums. Anything more and I'd have to pass.

Lakers would then have the mid level to sign a 3&D forward or splil the midlevel and re-sign Prince and someone else

CP3 / Gabe / Max
Mitchell/ Dinwiddie / Max
Bron / Vando / Prince
AD / Wood / Vando
Valanciunas / Hayes / Castleton

Look at the size, the length, the shooting, and the veteran-to-youth balance on this squad.

All they would need is a highly respectable coach to make it all come together.

Guaranteed Championship Contender

It would be justice for David Stern nxing the Lakers trade 13 years ago to prevent Kobe and CP3 from teaming up.

The karma would be the Lakers having all former New Orleans players CP3, AD Valanciunas, Hayes, and Wood, and winning a title with a half New Orleans-half-Lakers squad :rofl:

Last edited:
It would be justice for David Stern nxing the Lakers trade 13 years ago to prevent Kobe and CP3 from teaming up.

The karma would be the Lakers having all former New Orleans players CP3, AD Valanciunas, Hayes, and Wood, and
winning a title with a half New Orleans-half-Lakers squad :rofl:
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Back
Top Bottom