**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Both scenarios he mentions LeBron taking his full Max vs taking a pay cut to upgrade the roster......

I was laughed at for suggesting the exact same thing. 🤔

(Note, if they do all that to trade for Trae Young, Bron might as well play for free.... :frown: )

Haynes confirming Marc Stein's report over the weekend.

1716994707779.jpeg

We are all Billy Walsh… at least until the roster upgrades 😂

Being cheap on a coach has worked out great so far, full confidence it sits this time as well.

Rui is a better spot up shooter.

I’m all ears to any one sharing with me what Rui does better than Kuz though.
plays the game under control and stays within himself.

not a hero nor a chucker, takes quality shots.

better defender, better rebounder.

all this for cheaper too

plays the game under control and stays within himself.

not a hero nor a chucker, takes quality shots.

better defender, better rebounder.

all this for cheaper too
Both guys have their moments of horrible shot selections… Kuz probably had more wild heat check, crazy “bag work” moments in the regular season but I feel like both settled into their roles when the postseason came around. Even so, if you want to say Rui is a better fit offensively I won’t push back much on that one.

But defensively? Oh no no no…. Rui is awful, and he barely rebounds at all. Thought Kuz went from being a horrible defensive player when he first got to LA to being one of their better ones before he was traded. Pretty versatile, was able to guard both forward positions and maybe handle switching onto guards.

Rui is the type of guy you want to put on the other team’s worst offensive player, or maybe use his 6 fouls on Joker and allow AD to roam…but IMO he’s not even an average defender if you ask me.

Both guys have their moments of horrible shot selections… Kuz probably had more wild heat check, crazy “bag work” moments in the regular season but I feel like both settled into their roles when the postseason came around. Even so, if you want to say Rui is a better fit offensively I won’t push back much on that one.

But defensively? Oh no no no…. Rui is awful, and he barely rebounds at all. Thought Kuz went from being a horrible defensive player when he first got to LA to being one of their better ones before he was traded. Pretty versatile, was able to guard both forward positions and maybe handle switching onto guards.

Rui is the type of guy you want to put on the other team’s worst offensive player, or maybe use his 6 fouls on Joker and allow AD to roam…but IMO he’s not even an average defender if you ask me.

Respectable takes.

Rui did well in the playoffs LAST year when we went on our WCF run offensively AND defensively....I think this year he was hampered by the role changes/line ups and not able to catch a true rhythm, no excuses for Rui but he is very skilled on offense and he's proven you cant leave him open. He shoots it more consistent than Kuz, kuz is very STREAKY.

As far as defense goes, I always felt like Kuzma was too tall and didn't move quick enough laterally to defend guys on the perimeter and my opinion hasn't changed. He's too tall to keep guys in front of him and he's not much a help defender either since he doesn't really block shots. Haven't seen much of his post defense since he went to Washington admittedly.

When Rui is guarding guys his size he can stay in front of them and doesn't get pushed around. He contests everything at the rim and not afraid to get dunked on. He's not the quickest, but not the slowest either....doesn't make bad gambles.

Ultimately, they're comparable players.

I like Rui because of his willingness to star in a role opposed to be THE STAR.

Only a handful of STARS in the league.....way more guys that THINK they are stars.

I appreciate guys who know their roles and play to them to their best ability.

These guys win you championships.

Respectable takes.

Rui did well in the playoffs LAST year when we went on our WCF run offensively AND defensively....I think this year he was hampered by the role changes/line ups and not able to catch a true rhythm, no excuses for Rui but he is very skilled on offense and he's proven you cant leave him open. He shoots it more consistent than Kuz, kuz is very STREAKY.

As far as defense goes, I always felt like Kuzma was too tall and didn't move quick enough laterally to defend guys on the perimeter and my opinion hasn't changed. He's too tall to keep guys in front of him and he's not much a help defender either since he doesn't really block shots. Haven't seen much of his post defense since he went to Washington admittedly.

When Rui is guarding guys his size he can stay in front of them and doesn't get pushed around. He contests everything at the rim and not afraid to get dunked on. He's not the quickest, but not the slowest either....doesn't make bad gambles.

Ultimately, they're comparable players.

I like Rui because of his willingness to star in a role opposed to be THE STAR.

Only a handful of STARS in the league.....way more guys that THINK they are stars.

I appreciate guys who know their roles and play to them to their best ability.

These guys win you championships.

We won a chip with Kuz though and Rui is much more of a space cadet.

I appreciate Kuz, but he was like the FOURTH most important player off the bench that playoffs in the bubble.

Back
Top Bottom