**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Being cheap on a coach has worked out great so far, full confidence it sits this time as well.

Only spend money on players...and barely go into the tax to do it.

I know it will never happen but I do hope one day they sell.

Lakers in Balmers hands would have been insane.

We won a chip with Kuz though and Rui is much more of a space cadet.
We also won a championship with THT

RUI more of SPACE CADET than Kyle Kuzma?

LOL

Im out.
giphy.gif

If vando goes for Mitchell ok.

Can't trade Vando and bring in Trea.

Gonna need everyone to play defense with traffic cone Trae on the team.

Lakers interview James Borrego today for head coaching vacancy

New Orleans assistant coach James Borrego is scheduled for in-person meetings Wednesday at the Lakers’ practice facility related to the team’s head coaching vacancy, according to multiple people familiar with the plans but unauthorized to speak publicly.

He worked with the Pelicans last season following a four-year stint with the Hornets, where he went 138-163. In his final season with the Hornets, Borrego led Charlotte to a 43-39 record.

Borrego was an assistant in San Antonio and Orlando and spent two seasons at the start of his career in New Orleans, just prior to Anthony Davis’ arrival.

Davis, according to those briefed, thinks highly of Borrego.

The Lakers have been very tight-lipped about the search process to date, with outside “noise” — a word used inside the team’s building — linking them to former NBA player and current broadcaster JJ Redick.

While general manager Rob Pelinka has met more privately with candidates, Wednesday talks expanded within the organization — a significant step in the team’s search.

Rumors of the Lakers’ staffing plans have run throughout the league during the past two weeks, with some names most commonly mentioned including former head coach Scott Brooks and assistants Sam Cassell and Jared Dudley. Ex-Lakers guard Rajon Rondo has also been under consideration, according to people with knowledge of the situation not authorized to speak publicly.

Both Cassell and Dudley, though, are employed by teams still in the playoffs — Boston and Dallas, respectively — and could be in line for promotions within their current organizations.

Former Lakers assistant coach Greg St. Jean, who worked in Dallas for Jason Kidd two seasons ago and with Frank Vogel in Phoenix last season, is another name commonly mentioned in staffing discussions.

Staffing, of course, will be largely contingent on who the team ultimately decides to hire.

If Donovan Mitchell isn't on the table, then Jarrett Allen pls.

I worry about having too much AD / Allen time. Neither spreads the floor. And Allen is a starter level Center, not a guy you play 10-15 minutes. Great defense though.

Better than nothing, absolutely.

But I feel there could be other options that save Rui for a wing trade instead.

I worry about having too much AD / Allen time. Neither spreads the floor. And Allen is a starter level Center, not a guy you play 10-15 minutes. Great defense though.

Better than nothing, absolutely.

But I feel there could be other options that save Rui for a wing trade instead.
I've stated in the past I wouldn't want to dedicate $20M of my cap to another center, but Allen has a few things going for him:

-26 years old and in his prime, on a value contract
-Low maintenance and ego which is important playing in LA and next to Bron/AD
-Very good defensively
-Can't shoot threes, but has a good 15 foot jumper
-Can pass the ball to work around his lack of shooting
-Doubt AD will play 76 games again next season, so great insurance plan

I've stated in the past I wouldn't want to dedicate $20M of my cap to another center, but Allen has a few things going for him:

-26 years old and in his prime, on a value contract
-Low maintenance and ego which is important playing in LA and next to Bron/AD
-Very good defensively
-Can't shoot threes, but has a good 15 foot jumper
-Can pass the ball to work around his lack of shooting
-Doubt AD will play 76 games again next season, so great insurance plan

-Chemistry with the starting PG already established ;))

If _'antoni didnt destroy Kobe's achilles, he would of been beasting those last 3 years like Lebron still is today.

Back
Top Bottom