**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This dude Aaron Torres is super corny but unfortunately he is right on this topic. I'm not sure Dan Hurley would have been a quality professional coach but if you're the Lakers and you make such a public overture you have to seal the deal, no matter the price.

Had LeBron not come to Lakers we would have been the Detroit Pistons for the last decade, completely rudderless and directionless. For all his meddling LeBron is the only good thing to happen to Lakers in the last decade. It really has me concern for what the post LeBron era is going to look like. Seems like we're in for another 2013-2018 era where we are amongst the worst teams in the league.

Lol

Doom is gloom is what people love.

No context just wild theories that make no sense to anyone but the person putting it out.

I agree it's not a good look just because of the way it was presented. Maybe if the offer was higher maybe it looks better...but end of the day that man made a decision to stay where he was for a number of reasons that didn't involve the Lakers...but that statement isn't sexy enough for clicks so just blame the organization, call them a failure and boom

Engagement

This dude Aaron Torres is super corny but unfortunately he is right on this topic. I'm not sure Dan Hurley would have been a quality professional coach but if you're the Lakers and you make such a public overture you have to seal the deal, no matter the price.

Had LeBron not come to Lakers we would have been the Detroit Pistons for the last decade, completely rudderless and directionless. For all his meddling LeBron is the only good thing to happen to Lakers in the last decade. It really has me concern for what the post LeBron era is going to look like. Seems like we're in for another 2013-2018 era where we are amongst the worst teams in the league.

I agree, but also he's a big reason as to why the Lakers are here now. He wanted Westbrook. I have 0.0000001% the basketball IQ of LeBron and that's being generous sto myself and I knew Westbrook was terrible. I'm not sure what NBA players see sometimes.

I see Contrarian Gritty at it again :lol:

Bro, it’s not a good look. The whole sports world number one story is “Hurley spurns/rejects/(enter adjective here) the Lakers”

We can’t close the deal like we used to with prime Shaq, prime Phil, prime Kobe free agency, etc.

Since Buss died, we managed to get past his prime Lebron (albeit still great) because he wanted to live in LA and had limited options, got some bum coaches, and Lebron helped us with AD

We’ve seen the status of the franchise decline, you have to admit that

We’re like America. “Greatest country in the world” until you look at statistics on eduction, healthcare, crime, gun violence, incarcerations, environmental issues etc
I agree, but Coach K did turn down Dr. Buss as well to be fair.

Back to my agenda of getting Dlo off this team. That is priority number 1.

1718063162268.png

I agree, but also he's a big reason as to why the Lakers are here now. He wanted Westbrook. I have 0.0000001% the basketball IQ of LeBron and that's being generous sto myself and I knew Westbrook was terrible. I'm not sure what NBA players see sometimes.

100% agree with you. LeBron coming and bringing it Anthony Davis with him is the only highlight the Lakers have had the last decade but LeBron is also responsible for closing his own championship window by advocating for the Westbrook trade, one of the worst trades of the last decade.

It's actually pretty impressive that Rob was able to salvage the situation as well as he has

100% agree with you. LeBron coming and bringing it Anthony Davis with him is the only highlight the Lakers have had the last decade but LeBron is also responsible for closing his own championship window by advocating for the Westbrook trade, one of the worst trades of the last decade.

It's actually pretty impressive that Rob was able to salvage the situation as well as he has

I never thought Jeanie was the savior as she was advertised. Nor do I think she was as saavy or smart as she was advertised as. She is just very smart at forging relationships. People tend to really like her. She probably is a very good person.

Also, I never thought highly of Pelinka. When he talks, I just get snake oil salesmen vibe.

However, the moves he made to get rid of Westbrook and put a component team were great IMO. With a better coach the team would be significantly better. Now is Ham is doing? Ham was getting paid 5 million a year. He probably had a cap in terms of coaching salary. Who knows. Vogel was probably cheap on the market too.

I truly believe the Nets big 3 is why the Lakers traded for Westbrook. The team/Lebron saw the Nets dominate in the regular season after the trade, dominate the playoffs, and saw KCP, Kuzma, etc struggle and were like we need to make a splash.

They need to get some smart, capable players though. The IQ of this team is so low IMO.

Minus whale sniff around and see if Jay Wright is interested. He has (or had) the Brad Stevens/Billy Donovan demeanor that allows for college to pro success. That was my lone worry about Dan Hurley.

He'll probably say no, but why not?

Edit:

Actually Nate Oats from Alabama might be THEE guy.

Idc, idc, idc:
Westbrook was on Rob.
APPROVED by Lebron, but that was on Rob.
Bron wasn't happy + AD wasn't happy = Rob did something.

Rob could have easily not signed off on that trade and wouldn’t have been the first GM/President to tell him no.

I'll always put it on Pelinka for getting on the phone and making the Westbrook trade official. Then he went super lazy that off-season by signing a bunch of has-beens and letting Caruso walk.

Rob could have easily not signed off on that trade and wouldn’t have been the first GM/President to tell him no.
I'm saying, the reason he didn't sign off on the trade... is because he's the one who ochestrated it from the jump.
You sign off on moves that other people make; other people sign off on moves you make.
Bron/AD signed off on Rob making the trade.

Right. AD not there if Bron and Klutch didn't get the ball rolling. Same thing with the Russ trade. Some of this is on us fans too. When we lost to the Suns that year the fans wanted everybody traded.

How is this on the fans? If the FO is going through Twitter or whatever else, to figure out plans, then that's a big problem.
I've never thought otherwise.
I can't speak for others, but... yes.

You'd be wrong then. AD is a Laker because of Lebron, Klutch, and AD wanting to be in Los Angeles. I'm not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.

How is this on the fans? If the FO is going through Twitter or whatever else, to figure out plans, then that's a big problem.

You'd be wrong then. AD is a Laker because of Lebron, Klutch, and AD wanting to be in Los Angeles. I'm not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.

SOME. Yes some of it is on the fans. A lot of our fans are like spoiled kids. They want a new toy every year.

SOME. Yes some of it is on the fans. A lot of our fans are like spoiled kids. They want a new toy every year.
And some of our fans live in delusion where no matter what we are always supposed to win championships and make every right move

While tanking every other summer.

What you just said doesn't conflict with what I said.
Rob was and is in control. Lebron, AD, and Klutch can want the team to be named Los Angeles Klutch.
We can all want all kinds of things.
If what you want coincides with what the captain of the ship wants, then awesome: you get your way.
That doesn't mean you did it.

I see Contrarian Gritty at it again :lol:

Bro, it’s not a good look. The whole sports world number one story is “Hurley spurns/rejects/(enter adjective here) the Lakers”

We can’t close the deal like we used to with prime Shaq, prime Phil, prime Kobe free agency, etc.

Since Buss died, we managed to get past his prime Lebron (albeit still great) because he wanted to live in LA and had limited options, got some bum coaches, and Lebron helped us with AD

We’ve seen the status of the franchise decline, you have to admit that

We’re like America. “Greatest country in the world” until you look at statistics on eduction, healthcare, crime, gun violence, incarcerations, environmental issues etc
Hmmm

Back
Top Bottom