**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I agree, but Coach K did turn down Dr. Buss as well to be fair.

Back to my agenda of getting Dlo off this team. That is priority number 1.

1718063162268.png

Coach K only listened to and met with the Lakers back then was because of Kobe.

Kobe nearly left for the Clippers that year in free agency if it wasn’t for the logo Jerry West talking to him.

Honestly Lebron leaving would be the best thing right now for the franchise as crazy as it sounds.
It’ll force the FO to face what they really are and where this franchise is to the league and world as far as optics. Which is important.

Lebron leaving the lakers would be wild. It would be like Messi voluntarily leaving Barca, or Mbappe not choosing Real Madrid…..it would definitely be a reckoning moment for Jeanie

Who brought Bron in?

Magic, or Pelinka?

Once Bron/Klutch were in, they helped pull AD, correct?

(Technically KCP opened the door for Klutch, but I'm goin off the assumption Magic tampered his balls off to be at Bron's at midnight that next offseason :lol: )

if I had faith the current ownership/management had the ability to successfully build a good team. I wouldn’t be upset at the prospect of Lebron leaving. Hell if they had the ability to build a good team, they would’ve grew a pair and said hell no to their star players openly lobbying for the Westbrook trade and they wouldn’t have squandered some of these last few years.

But I don’t have any faith whatsoever for the current regime to successfully rebuild. So it’s either be a team with a second round ceiling with what they currently have, or be a bad rebuilding team who finds a way to screw up whatever lottery picks they get in the event Lebron walks.

Some? Sure.
All? Laughably, no.
If you need it to be all or none, we need to revisit the absolute convo... again. 😂

What I'm basically getting at is if Magic pulled Bron, and Bron/Klutch helped pull AD, what credit are we actually giving Kobe's agent?

Do you feel he or Jeanie actually help pull any of these guys? They whiffed severely on Kawhi (non Klutch) They couldn't pull a college coach with more money than his college pays him, they whiffed on Ty Lue........this is supposed to be the preeminent franchise in the NBA.

Groundswell for their replacements should be pretty pretty pretty loud real soon. But we'll see. The pivot is going to be REALLY interesting.

The worst owner in sports.

Okay.

Yeah, she certainly not one of the worst owners in sports but she is one of the worst owners in the NBA. It's especially bad given the resource, prestige and geographic advantage she has. LeBron coming to the Lakers is the only reason we haven't been Detroit Pistons level bad.

Imagine if genie or in charge of an average NBA team like the Indiana Pacers

More insight into Hurley's decision. At least the way Woj is wording it, it doesn't seem like it was a "Lakers issue"

Maybe he just wasn't ready.

Let’s not overreact

Jeanie isn’t the worst

Her problem is putting business over winning and hiring people connected to Kobe and people she’s comfortable with (Magic). She’s too emotionally connected to her past

It makes sense her decisions are business driven because it’s a family business and she has a lot of siblings to dole out profits to. More reason to sell if she really cares about the fans and winning

She needs to hire a real GM and just sign checks.

Yeah, she certainly not one of the worst owners in sports but she is one of the worst owners in the NBA. It's especially bad given the resource, prestige and geographic advantage she has. LeBron coming to the Lakers is the only reason we haven't been Detroit Pistons level bad.

Imagine if genie or in charge of an average NBA team like the Indiana Pacers
I probably can’t name more than 5-6 owners without using Google…. All I can tell you is some spend more money than others. Buss will spend money on star players and but not necessarily on role players. I honestly have no idea where to rank her, but to say the worst or among the worst seems a bit harsh to me. Like would you place her higher than the Nets owner who came up with that BS list of things Kyrie had to do before he could play ball again.

Should we do a top NBA owner ranking list? How about most of them suck unless they happen to kick into drafting one of the best players in the league and have a shot at winning a championship

Back
Top Bottom