**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lakers offered Top 5 money to a college coach, who turned them down, while watching the Celtics win a title with someone name Joe Mazzulla who's gone 146-54 as their head coach.

:smh:

Iono about sports, there's a lot of teams and sports etc.

How bout NBA tho, where you got her ranked? :nerd:

Lemme guess, you don't wanna get into all that. Let's wait another 5-10 years to judge her. :nerd:
Better idea. How about you give us your list of best or worst nba owners since you’re one of the ones who placed Buss around the bottom of the league? I’m not the guy ranking people in this thread

Fine.
One of.
That doesn't really make her ineptitude better. Like, 'Not the worst!' isn't a prize, bruh.
Never said it was prize worthy… never even said Buss was a good owner. Maybe she’s just your typical run of mill el cheapo just like the majority owners across the league.

I did question whether she’s the worst. Now yall are saying she’s one of the worst. Okay fine, what makes her one of the worst compared to her peers? Can you support that statement or are you just saying things just to say them? Maybe she is, I honestly have no idea because I have no idea about most of what the others are really doing. So school me on these others so I can come up with my own list.

Better idea. How about you give us your list of best or worst nba owners since you’re one of the ones who placed Buss around the bottom of the league? I’m not the guy ranking people in this thread

Honestly, I'm tryin to talk myself out of her bein the worst.........

And I'm strugglin. :frown:

She's bottom 5 net worth owners in the league. 3 of those are Kings, Spurs, Thunder owners. (Small markets) The other? Boston's owner. :smh:

Those teams have GM's. We have Kobe's agent.
Magic walked away.
Ty Lue turned us down.
We sold the Staples Center name to get more money from Crypto.
Pat Riley hasn't been brought back (but we brought in B Scott, Luke, Vogel, Kobe's agent, the Rambii, etc, but not Pat frickin Riley????)

Alllll this and the franchise is 3rd in the NBA at almost 7.5 billion.

There an owner with a worse handicap than this??? I mean, even if she isn't 30, is 29, 28 that much better with the LA market and a Top 3 brand? :frown:

Honestly, I'm tryin to talk myself out of her bein the worst.........

And I'm strugglin. :frown:

She's bottom 5 net worth owners in the league. 3 of those are Kings, Spurs, Thunder owners. (Small markets) The other? Boston's owner. :smh:

Those teams have GM's. We have Kobe's agent.
Magic walked away.
Ty Lue turned us down.
We sold the Staples Center name to get more money from Crypto.
Pat Riley hasn't been brought back (but we brought in B Scott, Luke, Vogel, Kobe's agent, the Rambii, etc, but not Pat frickin Riley????)

Alllll this and the franchise is 3rd in the NBA at almost 7.5 billion.

There an owner with a worse handicap than this??? I mean, even if she isn't 30, is 29, 28 that much better with the LA market and a Top 3 brand? :frown:
So that makes her a worse owner than let’s say these guys?
IMG_1622.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1624.jpeg

I don’t know their net worth but the Magic have been a dumpster fire outside the Shaq and Dwight years. They don’t really pay for coaches, didn’t they JUST retire Shaq’s jersey and somehow botched the ceremony. I’m sure there’s more but again I don’t follow the Magic that closely

IMG_1622.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1624.jpeg

I don’t know their net worth but the Magic have been a dumpster fire outside the Shaq and Dwight years. They don’t really pay for coaches, didn’t they JUST retire Shaq’s jersey and somehow botched the ceremony. I’m sure there’s more but again I don’t follow the Magic that closely
Absolutely not!
She is not the worst!!
Yay!
Celtics: "We're up 2-0 in the Finals!"
Lakers: "We don't have the worst owner!"
😬😬😬😬

Like, is it not enough to just go 'Wow. Yikes, all of that is pretty damn bad'?

IMG_1622.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1624.jpeg

They sound like terrible people.

In a small market, with the 24th most valuable franchise in the NBA.

Jeanie is in the 2nd biggest market and 3rd most valuable franchise.

Jeanie has a huuuuuuuge advantage, that doesn't seem to be payin off for us.

If you want to move Orld to 30, and Jeanie to 29, I will agree. Anyone else?

Absolutely not!
She is not the worst!!
Yay!
Celtics: "We're up 2-0 in the Finals!"
Lakers: "We don't have the worst owner!"
😬😬😬😬

Like, is it not enough to just go 'Wow. Yikes, all of that is pretty damn bad'?
If we’re answering simple questions tonight, I’ll start… so yes, Buss had done some bad things as an owner. Her track record is far from flawless. Got zero problems saying that.

But, here’s a question to you and whoever else wants to say she’s among THE WORST OWNERS IN THE LEAGUE… what is it about her track record, compared to her peers that makes you say that?

James Dolan? Seems like a horrible guy, and a terrible owner in a huge market that has basically either sucked or been extremely mid ever since I’ve been watching the NBA.

Joe Tsai, Dan Gilbert, not sure if the Gores still own the Pistons, the Kings dude, idk who owns the Bulls or the Wizards and basically every other joke of a franchise and put their owners on the bottom of the list.

They sound like terrible people.

In a small market, with the 24th most valuable franchise in the NBA.

Jeanie is in the 2nd biggest market and 3rd most valuable franchise.

Jeanie has a huuuuuuuge advantage, that doesn't seem to be payin off for us.

If you want to move Orld to 30, and Jeanie to 29, I will agree. Anyone else?
You have the list not me.

How about we make this easy and you just tell me who you think are like the top 5 best owners in the league right now.

This should be interesting.

You have the list not me.

How about we make this easy and you just tell me who you think are like the top 5 best owners in the league right now.

This should be interesting.

Cuban should be one.
Ballmer (by money default)
GSW
Heat owner, Ariston?
Kroenke?

That seems close. Maybe a team or two outta order but I'd guess this list is close.

I could have sworn Cuban said on Draymond's podcast that he doesn't have any basketball say so anymore. I could be misremembering though.

He was the shadow GM for so long, I have my doubts. I definitely don't think he's as powerful as before though.

Didn’t he give it up before the trade deadline though?

Are you asking me if the literally brand new owners 2 months into their roles already made better moves than Jeanie has?

Not sure this is helping the pro Jeanie crowd. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom