**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Dr Buss wasn't messing with West towards the end of his tenure with the Lakers either.... that's really where it all originated.

I could be wrong, but after thinking about it some more I think part of the story was that Buss felt West received too much credit for the Lakers success and their relationship soured... I just don't expect the daughter to feel like she has to patch things up because it's the right thing to do.

Not every story is going to finish with a happy ending.

This is pretty much what it comes down to at the end of the day. It's why Jerry abruptly left after the 2000 title.

I'm trying to recall if Jerry said anything after Dr. Buss' passing. Ultimately, life is too short to hold grudges that long, but they're all legends in their own way and will be remembered as such.

Guess Phil couldn't help himself w/ a little shot there at the end about how West was Bill Sharman's assistant (and that he was the real architect of the showtime Lakers) and how Jerry wanted to draft Sidney Moncrief over Magic.

Seems like there's still some real animosity there to even mention that... but like I said earlier it is what it is.

Last edited:
Now I know the blood was bad....

But didn't we employ one of Jerry's sons for a while?
Saw this online:

West, who came up with the Lakers under the Mitch Kupchak-Jim Buss regime, had steadily lost influence as Rob Pelinka and Kurt and Linda Rambis gained it. He left the team last summer, according to Wojnarowski, because the two sides agreed that he had hit a ceiling with the team. The front office has undergone quite a bit of shuffling in recent years, and West will now join the new Troy Weaver regime in Detroit.

1718229784594.png

#MyOwner😍

😂 jk

RIP Jerry

I’m sure the two Jerry’s, Kobe, and Chick are chopping it up rn about the Hurley debacle and how this affects the Lakers hiring JJ just like y’all been doing the last two days

I heard there’s an NT in heaven too :lol:

Back
Top Bottom