**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I really like Filipowski. :ohwell:
I like him too, and would take him if Edey or Clingan are unavailable. I would just hope Filipowski doesn’t end up being the next Kaminsky, Zeller, or Don McLean and ends up being more like a Hartenstein or even a Tom Gugliotta type who can pick and pop and be a solid contributor on the boards and in the paint

I like him too, and would take him if Edey or Clingan are unavailable. I would just hope Filipowski doesn’t end up being the next Kaminsky, Zeller, or Don McLean and ends up being more like a Hartenstein or even a Tom Gugliotta type who can pick and pop and be a solid contributor on the boards and in the paint
He's kind of like Horford to me. Able to shoot, pass, dribble. Good, not great rebounder. I have concerns of his rim protection, but think he can switch on defense pretty well. Real connector piece. Wish he didn't have short arms.

He's kind of like Horford to me. Able to shoot, pass, dribble. Good, not great rebounder. I have concerns of his rim protection, but think he can switch on defense pretty well. Real connector piece. Wish he didn't have short arms.
I can see Horford. I like how he has shown flashes of sold ball handling and being able to drive to the rim for a big. He definitely has a few tools in his tool box and I like his motor. Solid all around big who can end up being a starter if his trajectory continues to rise

He has good form on his outside shot too, so I think the fundamental mechanics are there to continue to improve from long range at the NBA level

His lack of length/wing span for a seven footer and lack of rim protection are my two main things with him and is why I’d take Clingan and Edey over him.

Last edited:
So let's say players like DLo, Austin, heck even Lebron and AD don't perform at the level they're capable of are we going to respond with....

A) Damn those guys need to step it up and play better, no excuses.

B) Damn those guys need to step it up, but they have a crappy coach so there's only so much they can do... no excuses.

C) None of the above.
Me personally...
... MEEEE...
... P E R S O N A L L Y...
None of us are in complete control of our circumstances, but every single one of us is control of what we do.
You.
Me.
myAR15.
Hoochiemama.
Eyebrow.
Oh Ancient One.

There is no situation where A) will be off the table. That's how I live my life, that's how I've raised my son (I hope).
A coach can hold the team back from doing it's best, but no coach can hold a motivated athlete back from giving their best.
A lazy superstar PF can hold the team back from doing it's best, but no player can hold a motivated teammate back from giving their individual best.
Don't know where that falls on the conversation or who I just aligned with or disagreed with or whatever but there we go.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is no situation where A) will be off the table. That's how I live my life, that's how I've raised my son (I hope).
A coach can hold the team back from doing it's best, but no coach can hold a motivated athlete back from giving their best.
I agree.

Only bad draft misses in the last 10 years are Isaac Bonga and Anthony Brown, both second rounders. Everyone else drafted appears to be a decent backup (Wagner/THT) to a multi-All-NBA (Randle). That's a hell of a run.

like if you are serious about that man for the long haul like 10 years to help mold the franchise you most def should have overpaid and if he said no then atleast you know they tried.

what a half *** job by this franchise

I just gonna say this......

No NBA team has ever come back from 3-0.

Never happened.

No NBA team has EVER come back from 3-0.

Ever......

:nerd:

pmatic pmatic

Just one man speculating but Pincus has Orl signing Klay, Monk and Tobias with all of their cap space.

And Ballmer w/ all of his billions to lose out on his max free agent for nothing.

Oh and LA signing CP3 for the min 😂

👀👀

1718386516083.png

:smh:
Reported. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom