**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Even worse Hurley basically said there was a number that would have got him to leave. So frustrating.
1718314139439.gif

Ya know I think it’s one thing to say that this is a championship level roster, and that Ham was so horrible that if the Lakers could run it back and change this ONE thing they’d be back in business.

But nobody is saying that.

- Some of us want to move on from DLo… others want to bring him back because the alternatives are weak.
- Some want to move AD back to the 4, find a starting center.
- Some like want an athletic 4 next to Lebron and move him back to the 3
- Some want a 3&D wing next to the LBJ/AD frontcourt.
- I think I’ve even seen find an athletic 2 guard to play next to DLo and move Austin to the bench.

Keeping a log of Laker offseason wishes and it looks like new coach, new starting lineup/players, new draft pick ready to contribute right away, new GM, new owner, new medical staff, new pro scout department, new social media team, what else am I missing?

Almost forgot. At least one new franchise star because LeBron is old but maybe two because neither him nor AD has been good enough to get the Lakers past the play-in and 1st round the last two seasons.

^You're forgetting Christie minutes. I'm not mad you forgot, I'm just disappointed
😂

I was just thinking about new additions to the roster… but yeah more minutes for Max, Gabe, Vando, Rui, Wood and even Axtion Jackson with the two big lineups.

But pay Hurley a $100 million and we’ll just look the other way for now…

So what you’re saying is if the Lakers HAD hired Hurley, it would have been their call but they don’t do it without Lebron’s co-sign. But still it would have been a Pelinka/Buss move.

Unlike JJ where it’s a Lebron influenced move and one where he’s practicing being LeGM again.

Depends.

Did we reach out to Hurley, or did Hurley reach out to us?

(I'm assuming Bron would have blessed him either way)

Depends.

Did we reach out to Hurley, or did Hurley reach out to us?

(I'm assuming Bron would have blessed him either way)
Thought that all the LeGM/Klutch boogeyman talk is mostly about they use their influence to get their people in the positions they want them in.

JJ is Bron’s buddy… probably isn’t on any other team’s radar as far as I know. But because of the relationship he might end up head coach of LA. Maybe Bron suggested it, maybe he passive aggressively showed support for the guy and the Lakers front office ran with it…but regardless here we are.

Hurley isn’t signed to Klutch, as far as we know he doesn’t have some previous relationship with Bron… so he’s not one of his guys, but of course they’d want to tap in with Bron and get some input about the guy that they’re interested in hiring.

So I don’t think it really matters who reached out to who… Hurley isn’t in Bron’s circle, that would have been an idea put together from Rob/Jeanie

I feel like if the Lakers did sign Hurley to a $100 million dollar contract, the headlines would be about how desperate the Lakers are to sign a college coach w/ no NBA experience to such a large deal.

So no matter what haters gonna hate… and why I don’t care what any of em have to say and I’m never “embarrassed” by any of these stories.

I feel like if the Lakers did sign Hurley to a $100 million dollar contract, the headlines would be about how desperate the Lakers are to sign a college coach w/ no NBA experience to such a large deal.

So no matter what haters gonna hate… and why I don’t care what any of em have to say and I’m never “embarrassed” by any of these stories.

We know that's how it go. When all the AD trade talk was going on the story was "nobody wants the Lakers players, they're all busts"

Once the deal went down it was "The Lakers gave up the farm!!" :lol:

Hey Mazzulla should be coach of the year he’s amazing…

Same fans last year…
1718319868617.png

Also Celtics super fan

Funny how adding two all world two way players to complement your two superstars makes you a better coach in one calendar year.

L
O
L

Are those Reasons or Excuses?

Lakers added better players on paper this year for Ham plus the most regular season games ever played by AD and what did Ham do with it? :lol:

I'll do you one better...

If Ham or Del Harris or MDA were coaching these Celtics the last two years with AND without KP and Jrue, you think those coaches would've won the championship? You already know the answer

:lol::lol::lol:

If coaches dont matter then WHY THE HELL do they have coaches to begin with?!? To babysit 20-year olds and set curfews on the road? Lol

Last edited:
Just jumping in to ask a side question.
How do you personally distinguish between excuse & reason?
I have a definition for both that separates them; curious of how you do it.
We studying English today or nah

I'm curious

The fact there's a segment of Lakers fans here who really truly actually believe that coaches dont matter, and that they're just guys in a suit holding a clipboard let's me know they believe Del Harris couldve coached Showtime to at least one title let alone 5.

I can repeat that not only in English but in 3 other languages too if you want LOL

K.
I understand; too difficult.
Carrry on.
I already know your style.

It’s not difficult to avoid the mental gymnastics y’alll play with each other, especially when you choose to avoid addressing the points I made hence your funny “side question.”

You inow, this type stuff, “I’ll answer your question if you answer my question first.”

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom