**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Feel like Redick will want to play five out. Don't think that's Edey.
I hope you’re wrong

If Edey is there for the taking at 17 you draft best player available, not what you think a rookie coach would do. After all, a 5-out system has failed the Lakers year in year out so why be a stupid franchise once again and do the same thing lol

Pelinka would be the biggest fool to pass on the two-time college basketball player of the year if he’s still around at 17

So is JJ going to want to play fast or slow with an aging LeBron, whom he wants off-the-ball while featuring AD a lot more on offense next season.

🤔👀

Last edited:
Edey could be the next Jaxson hayes
And whoever else they could draft at 17 can easily be the next Jalen Hood Schifino, Lonzo Ball, or D-Low.

Like I said, if Edey is there at 17 you draft best player available. He wasn’t a two-time National Player of the Year by accident. Last I checked Hayes was never an MVP type player in college.

I want another big.
Nervous about Edey, though.
What made him look like a beast for Purdue, we're not anywhere close to that.
And if we're talking overhauling the [admittedly broken] system, then obviously there's reason for concern there.

Every team is ready to offer him a vets min deal
If he opts out

Cmon Zach
IMG_1335.jpeg

I can dig it.
If he can adapt and thrive and be 'big' for us, then LFG.
Redick has to get away from the 5-out thinking.

Lakers have to be adaptable. What made them champs was their roster’s ability to play ANY style of play because of roster versatility.

This fast breaking, three point shooting, surround AD-Bron with a bunch of shooters 1-Big idea is passé and isn’t suited to AD and Bron’s strengths

If DLo opts out

-A Dejounte Murray trade would be Rui, Gabe, JHS, # 17, 2029 1st & 2031 1st. (Since they don't want to trade AR, I'm unconvinced they will get anything done without him..... Maybe Vando for Gabe takes the 17th off the table)
-55th Pick is Bronny.
Max Christie 3 year / $18mil
Chris Paul minimum $3.3mil

Puts them at $156mil. 10 players.

Dejounte / AR / Vando / Bron / AD
CP3 / Max C. / Wood
Bronny / Max L.

They would likely stay a couple million under the first apron to allow themselves a tiny of flexibility in trades at the deadline, or buyout guys.

MLE is $12.8 mil. So either they split it, maybe Plumlee and Reggie Bullock or Prince. Or they go and use most of it for Goga, and leave a less experienced minimum type player for the rest of the MLE. But Bullock or Prince seems like a likely target.

Dejounte / AR / Vando / Bron / AD
CP3 / Max C. / Reggie Bullock or Prince / Wood / Plumlee
Bronny / Max L.

Room for 2 more minimums. Could both be 10+ year vets. But if Cam or Jaxson Hayes pick up their option, those are 13 & 14 on the roster.

Would you trade #17 back for more bites at the apple?

Like trade back to the Knicks for #24 and #38? Jazz for #29 and #32? T'Wolves for #27 and #37?

Would you trade #17 back for more bites at the apple?

Like trade back to the Knicks for #24 and #38? Jazz for #29 and #32? T'Wolves for #27 and #37?

What's the goal?

If you're building for the future, getting 2 for 1 is fine path.

If you tryna get one last ring outta Bron, no way that will fly.

What's the goal?

If you're building for the future, getting 2 for 1 is fine path.

If you tryna get one last ring outta Bron, no way that will fly.
I personally don't think there's much of a difference between #17 and #24 in this draft. Conceivably, my top three targets for the Lakers could be available at #24 (Filipowski, Ware, Holmes). Then at #38, take the best wing or just take Bronny. :lol:

On the other side. This isn't advocacy of 1 thing or another.

The third and fourth options shots per game since LeBron's second stint in Cleveland
2014-15 : Love 12.7 / JR & Dion average 10.75
2015-16: Love 12.7 / JR 11.0
2016-17: Love 14.5 / JR 8.7 (JR missed half a season)
2017-18: Love 12.4 / Clarkson 10.3
2018-19: Ingram 14.0 / Ball 9.7 (Kuzma was second, Bron missed 27 games)
2019-20: Kuzma 11.0 / Bradley 7.8
2020-21: Schroder 12.5 / Kuzma 11.1
2021-22: Westbrook 15.8 / Monk 10.9 (Bron and AD missed a combined 68 games)
2022-23: Westbrook & DLo averaged 13.5 / Beasley 10.3 / Schroder 9.8
2023-24: DLo 14.2 / AR 11.5

Dejounte averaged 18.8 shots per game, more than LeBron & AD did last year. Generous amount would be a 25-30% reduction in shots (totals 13.1-14.1 FGA/game) . Because he'll have AR as well who is 12-13 shots a game. Having 3 guys average over 15 shots a game if everybody is healthy all year is actually pretty hard.
Dejounte would need to have a new tier of efficiency from everywhere on offense because he'll have to mimic production with way more slices of pie that he has to share (OR AR has to become a knockdown catch & shoot 3 point shooter as his primary role to allow Murray to have more operating room).

Back
Top Bottom