**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Derrick White replacing Kawhi when we already have Steph, Jrue, Booker, Edwards , and Haliburton at guard?

That’s the wrong move for Team USA.

Should’ve picked up a center or a PF - Myles Turner, Jareett Allen, Jaren Jackson Jr., Jerami Grant, Zion, Aaron Gordon, or Paolo Banchero all would’ve been way better options than White

Last edited:
I would trade Vando in a heartbeat if it means the Lakers getting back a center like Capela, Kessler, or Vucevic

JJ propping him up like that is designed so he has some kind of trade value in a market that will question his durability

I know Wood is a laughing stock and had a down year, but the centers left in free agency really stink. I don't have much confidence in Castleton either.

The funniest part about the first 10 days of the off season is the consistent conflicting messages

1. Want a backup Center to get AD more minutes at the 4.
2. Targeted 4s almost exclusively in trades (Cam, DFS, Kuz, Grant all primarily 4s) while Bron is also a 4.

Not many good options left, I'd look for some bigs with some upside and hope for the best : Kessler, Sharpe, Omer Yurtseven. Robert Williams if Portland wants expiring contracts. Pretty underwhelming free agency

Robert Williams if Portland wants expiring contracts. Pretty underwhelming free agency

Portland would need to trade a first to make taking Robert Williams even remotely worth it, he averages 35 games a year.

Carmelo has played 9 less games than RWIII since he was a rookie. And Melo has 2 retired seasons, and a 10 game season in that span.

Portland would need to trade a first to make taking Robert Williams even remotely worth it, he averages 35 games a year.

Carmelo has played 9 less games than RWIII since he was a rookie. And Melo has 2 retired seasons, and a 10 game season in that span.
Again, not many options left. Take some upside swings. Better than running it back

Robert Williams is a help side shot blocker. Brosizzle needs beefy wide juicy girth to bang and pound down low :lol:

Again, not many options left. Take some upside swings. Better than running it back

I disagree.

Running it back you have some evidence of being in the hunt. You know best case and worst case. Playoffs is as much luck of the draw as anything.

If you trade on the high end any of Vando / Rui or DLo for RWIII or heck even Gabe, and Robert Williams is who he has always been, your ceiling and your floor drop considerably.

I disagree.

Running it back you have some evidence of being in the hunt. You know best case and worst case. Playoffs is as much luck of the draw as anything.

If you trade on the high end any of Vando / Rui or DLo for RWIII or heck even Gabe, and Robert Williams is who he has always been, your ceiling and your floor drop considerably.
We'll disagree then. I don't think this team as constructed is a championship contender. I think they're destined for play-in, and out within first 2 rounds. Happy to bet on it

Vucevic, Kessler, WCJ, Lauri, Capela, Lopez or bust

Lakers MUST trade for a center because there are no centers worth signing in free agency for the TPLMLE that will help this team become a legit title contender.

Lewis pump fakes too much. He gives away any advantage the offense generates when he should just hoist the three.

The funniest part about the first 10 days of the off season is the consistent conflicting messages

1. Want a backup Center to get AD more minutes at the 4.
2. Targeted 4s almost exclusively in trades (Cam, DFS, Kuz, Grant all primarily 4s) while Bron is also a 4.
I like to print out the rumors and use them to whip my behind after taking a dump…. At least then they can be somewhat useful

Back
Top Bottom