**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Nothing really surprising here, but I guess we can talk about this part

1720563837584.png

So why should the Lakers want to put an aging, slower LeBron back to the small forward position?

Nothing really surprising here, but I guess we can talk about this part

1720563837584.png

So why should the Lakers want to put an aging, slower LeBron back to the small forward position?

That’s such an easy answer and we don’t even need advanced stats to show it

It’s common sense really

Get Bron and AD a Javale-Dwight type shot blocker to start at center and watch the Lakers and Bron at the 3 do magic defensively

But I get it. Folks don’t have the ability to see it because they rely on nothing but stats

Ever wonder why Bron’s defensive numbers have suffered the last three years? Look at the Bigs that’s been on the team from 2022-2024 LOL. Just like AD, Bron has had to take on more of the load to rebound and defend because there’s nobody else on the team who fulfills the Dwight-Javale role therefore Bron and AD have to do MORE for the team, which has resulted in FAILURE TO WIN

#CommonSense

That’s such an easy answer and we don’t even need advanced stats to show it

It’s common sense really

Get Bron and AD a Javale-Dwight type shot blocker to start at center and watch the Lakers and Bron at the 3 do magic defensively

But I get it. Folks don’t have the ability to see it because they rely on nothing but stats

Ever wonder why Bron’s defensive numbers have suffered the last three years? Look at the Bigs that’s been on the team from 2022-2024 LOL. Just like AD, Bron has had to take on more of the load to rebound and defend because there’s nobody else on the team who fulfills the Dwight-Javale role therefore Bron and AD have to do MORE for the team, which has resulted in FAILURE TO WIN

#CommonSense

Wait. So are you saying centers are important? I’m not sure where you stand on that

Wait. So are you saying centers are important? I’m not sure where you stand on that
Ah wait let me guess…

There’s a post saying you can play Lebron at the 3 because AD and another center can clean up the mess… instead of not putting Lebron at the 3, which causes a lot of the mess in the first place 😂

I guess you could go that route if ya wanted to

I think if the team had a big enough guard that could guard big wings, they might be able to get away with Bron at SF. But that's not available on the roster right now.
The Lakers should know what to do if they want a big enough guard who can guard bigger wings so it allows Bron to do his thing at SF

IMG_8180.jpeg
IMG_8182.jpeg

Why would they trade him when they are a contending playoff team?

ORL knows you gotta have multiple impact bigs to compete for a championship.

WCJ is the perfect supporting big for Banchero and the Wagner boys and he is their best shot blocker. I wouldn’t trade him either if I were ORL

Seems like they are gonna run it back and see if Ham was the problem.

That's all I'm getting from everything I have seen.

Seems like they are gonna run it back and see if Ham was the problem.

That's all I'm getting from everything I have seen.
If that’s what ends up ultimately happening then it’s not the end of the world imo… Last year’s team was okay, pretty good offensively but not good defensively. Gotta think a healthy Vando and Gabe plus year 3 Max will help in that area.

Can always start the year with the same gang and ship DLo and his expiring contract out at the deadline

We had one of the best records in the league since January whatever the date was….. and a ton of close losses vs Nuggets

I don’t think we’ll run it back. We’ll make a trade and sign someone for the MLE. We’ll see

If I may. Since the Westbrook for DLo trade to end of the regular season this past year.

Nuggets 72-37
Thunder 71-39
Timberwolves 68-38
Clippers 64-42
Lakers 65-44

They had a disaster 16 games after the IST. Which is even worse because they looked like a juggernaut for the month prior. Ham lost the team in December. But the players turned it into panic mode and from around the deadline to close out the year, they were as good record wise as Denver, OKC and Dallas.

They lost a playoff series in 5. That if MPJ doesn't hit a circus shot and Bron hits a wide open 3 it's 1-1 for Game 3. 2-2 after Game 4. If AD doesn't lose his shooting arm, it's 3-2 LA going into game 6.

Did and should the team have made improvements? Yes.
But they played footsie all summer with the wrong guys, and thinking about making the wrong moves.
And my guess is they come around in September and make a pointless trade that best case scenario they didn't lose any cache, but didn't gain any either.

Who among the Lakers organization and fanbase understands this concept?

1720579689971.png

Let’s keep starting AD at center and bring back the same gang so we can win a championship shall we 😂

There sure was a whole lot of “activity” between 2018 and 2019 when Pelinka brought in battle tested veterans Danny Green, Dwight, Bradley, Dudley, Morris, Rondo, and Javale and what did the Lakers “achieve” in 2020 when leadership had a brain for building the right pieces to surround AD and Bron with?

Since then they have acquired mainly average role players with mediocre talent at the center position and the results speak for themselves

Pelinka already knows the championship formula. It’s up to him to achieve the goal.

Last edited:
It's not the same gang, new coaches, new personality, new hats, new ERA.
DLo
Rui
Vando
Gabe, aka Nunn
Reddish, aka Beasley
Wood, aka Wenyen
Hayes, aka Bamba

That’s the core of the “others” aka key rotational role players that you’d be using in the playoffs. Same role player core going on two years running and looking to be the same core again for the 24-25 season

Same gang my friend no matter how you wanna slice it

Last edited:
Is there anyone left for the MLE?

There's almost zero path to the full MLE. Would have to drop $25mil+ in salary without taking $1 back.

They could have the TPMLE of $5mil and some change. Just have to unload Wood and Reddish for nothing.

Guys that would be available to them
PG: DSJ, Dinwiddie, Cam Payne, Fultz, Lowry
SG: Fournier, Gary Trent, Shamet, Seth Curry, Okogie, Lonnie Walker
SF: Bullock, Cedi, Bey, Heyward, McDermott
PF: Bertans, Covington, Gallo
C: Javale, Tristan, Biyombo

Back
Top Bottom