**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Haven't listened yet, but that's unfortunate for them. But it will make the podcast much better. Tired of then walking on egg shells and holding back.

I wonder why AD has been looking like his 2020 self this summer 🤔

Maybe it has something to do with having an Intelligent coach like Steve Kerr recognizing AD thrives when playing in 2-Big lineups

What AD is doing this summer playing with Bam is the exact same xxxx he was doing in 2019-2020 playing next to Javale and Dwight.

Is it rocket science? or are our own two eyes enough evidence of what the Lakers needs to do if they want to reach another NBA Finals?

This myth that AD needs to play with a big who can shoot threes so it doesn’t clog the lane is the biggest piece of hogwash out in the internet.

When AD plays ALONGSIDE A LEGIT BIG MAN, AD is 10x a better and more effective WINNING player than he would be being the sole big man in the lineup surrounded by 4 wings. And I don’t need advanced stats to show me this fact because it’s BEEN PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN

I don’t care what him or any talking head for that matter has to say so I’m not posting it as a co-sign…

I do find it funny that everyone was so high on the roster last season but a year later how it’s trash?

I don’t care what him or any talking head for that matter has to say so I’m not posting it as a co-sign…

I do find it funny that everyone was so high on the roster last season but a year later how it’s trash?
Wanna know why? Because after one year we’ve seen what that roster can do.

And it’s CRYSTAL CLEAR last year’s roster lacks the SIZE and the BIGS to compete against championship level ball clubs

Running back last years roster would be malpractice on the part of Pelinka

Common sense.

I know someone is ecstatic...

You should read the comments section for that tweet.

Redick already knew this even before he was hired

Sad thing is, Pelinka never did anything to address this the last two years because of his lack of vision and common sense.

Bamba
Harrell
Gabriel
DJones
TBryant
Wood
Hayes

None of the above met the criteria of a big, bruising center who was physical enough to help take the heavy load off of AD, and none of the above could match the Gasol-Drummond combo let alone the Javale-Dwight combo.

Pelinka thought AD at the 5 full time was “strong enough,” without realizing the rest of the league was trying to copy the 2019-2020 Lakers championship blueprint.

The only “big, bruising center” we came close to matching since 2022 was Tristan Thompson and what did Bum and Dumber do during the 2023 WCF? Ham finally played TT significant minutes in Game 4 and TT was balling but obviously it was too little too late.

Last edited:
Redick already knew this even before he was hired

Sad thing is, Pelinka never did anything to address this the last two years because of his lack of vision and common sense.

Bamba
Harrell
Gabriel
DJones
TBryant
Wood
Hayes

None of the above met the criteria of a big, bruising center who was physical enough to help take the heavy load off of AD, and none of the above could match the Gasol-Drummond combo let alone the Javale-Dwight combo.

Pelinka thought AD at the 5 full time was “strong enough,” without realizing the rest of the league was trying to copy the 2019-2020 Lakers championship blueprint.

The only “big, bruising center” we came close to matching was Tristan Thompson and what did Bum and Dumber do during the 2023 WCF? Ham finally played TT significant minutes in Game 4 and TT was balling but obviously it was too little too late.

List the centers in present modern day NBA that would be considered big and bruising.

List the centers in present modern day NBA that would be considered big and bruising.
Before we go and exaggerate and think ‘big and bruising” means 300 lbs because CLEARLY, AD can still excel in a 2-Big lineup with someone who is an athletic rebounding Big like Bam or 2019-20 McGee. For the record Bam is a solid 255-260 lbs despite his 6’9”-6’10” height.

But let’s examine the options the last 2 years since Gasol and Drummond left L.A. Here’s a select few..

Poeltl
Valanciunas
Nurkic
Adams
WCJ
Vucevic
Turner
Drummond
Eddy/Clingan, had Pelinka traded up to draft either of them

All these centers have been attainable the last two years and all these centers weigh at least 250-270 lbs.

Pelinka hasn’t done squat to bring one of them to LA despite the Lakers’ most glaring need and weakness

Last edited:
I know someone is ecstatic...

Has anyone ever made the argument that the Lakers DON'T need another center on the roster? I think they know that it's a position of need, but it's not the highest priority. Off the top of my head since the bubble they've added Hayes, Wood, Thompson, Bamba, M Gasol, Drummond and I could be missing a few.

I didn't think Gasol was that bad, but most of those other guys are basically meh... but if you're going after backups well that's kinda the pool that you're choosing from.

If you want a starting caliber center it's going to cost you... and when you have limited assets to make moves, do you really want to use them on a big? I'm not saying that they shouldn't consider it, but I wouldn't use a valuable future 1st round pick on an older guy like Lopez or stiff like Kessler. Just play Hayes or Wood more if that's the case, save the picks for a player who's likely to be a starter on the team post-Lebron or just keep them.

Has anyone ever made the argument that the Lakers DON'T need another center on the roster? I think they know that it's a position of need, but it's not the highest priority. Off the top of my head since the bubble they've added Hayes, Wood, Thompson, Bamba, M Gasol, Drummond and I could be missing a few.

I didn't think Gasol was that bad, but most of those other guys are basically meh... but if you're going after backups well that's kinda the pool that you're choosing from.

If you want a starting caliber center it's going to cost you... and when you have limited assets to make moves, do you really want to use them on a big? I'm not saying that they shouldn't consider it, but I wouldn't use a valuable future 1st round pick on an older guy like Lopez or stiff like Kessler. Just play Hayes or Wood more if that's the case, save the picks for a player who's likely to be a starter on the team post-Lebron or just keep them.

I know we all agree...

It's just someone makes entirely too many posts about bigs (clearly not you)

See, that’s where I fully believe you’re wrong.

Center IS the highest priority.

2021 was supposed to be a Finals team with Gasol, Drummond, and AD til AD got hurt in the playoffs so that ended everything.

Then the following season, Pelinka decided to make AD the full time center and it’s been all downhill from there.

But if you can’t see this, then it’s not even worth debating or arguing

And Kessler is a “stiff?” Highly doubt it, especially if you put Kessler next to an AD.

I know we all agree...

It's just someone makes entirely too many posts about bigs (clearly not you)
😂

Arguing just for the sake of arguing…

“Lakers haven’t won the title since they had two bigs in Dwight and Javale!”

They also haven’t won since they had a roster full of defenders, a backup point guard like Rondo, LeBron still being a two-way menace, length at just about every position, a coaching staff full of experienced former head coaches and solid vets, etc etc

Back
Top Bottom