**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Before 3&D became a thing, there was
IMG_8210.jpeg

Gabe, JHS, Top 7? Protected 1st. I guess.

Should just ride out with their top 6, add WCJ.

If Lakers really wanted big upgrades, AR and Rui had to be seriously involved in trade discussions. Because they are not, you get at best lateral moves, in reality many of the projected trades are moves that are likely downgrades... Offseason, like the trade deadline was this from the start.

Last edited:
this would free up the $5.2 mil needed plus the roster spot to sign GTJ to the TPMLE plus another spot to sign a veteran for the vet minimum

All that is needed is an elite salesman to sell this package, which includes three expiring contracts plus a FRP and JHS who is another FRP, to the Magic :lol:
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_7-12-2024_2-37-34PM.png

Last edited:
WCJ got chronic knee issues and going to play like 50-60 games similar to his entire career
If WCJ is the only center we can get via trade, I’d do it despite the injury history cause we’d only be paying him $11 mil per for 2 years. WCJ fills a much bigger need and strengthens a huge weakness for the Lakers, much more so than anything DLo and/or Wood would bring to the table

NTM the key to my above trade proposal - acquiring 3&D wing Suggs makes the deal worth it if Pelinka can get ORL to move Suggs as well.

Lastly, Lakers would free up a roster spot to add another key piece via the TPMLE such as GTJ.

What the Lakers would lose in outside shooting by trading DLo, they would gain by adding Suggs and GTJ, both of whom can hit the three AND play defense.

Back
Top Bottom