**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Kobe wouldn't have been Kobe with Nick still running Point.
Yeah very true. I think that’s why they preferred DFish over Nick, they somehow knew Fisher would be a better fit with Kobe.

I remember they even tried old savvy vet and 80s playoff foe Derek Harper at the point and that didn’t work

Wish we could’ve seen Kobe & Eddie play together more
1722575409175.jpeg

^You may be more right than you know. From time to time Rui has had these issues. When he walked off the floor after getting ejected, shortly after he'd hit two 3s in a row, he didn't seem to be injured at all. The time he missed on the Wizards he just lost a desire to play the game. He had to watch some of his old highlights and convince himself he wanted to play. I just hope he's okay mentally and has a mental health professional he can talk to. Cause it feels like what happened last time, which is him just kind of giving up. Hope he stays connected with his Laker teammates and Lebron. If he really does have a calf injury so bad he had to leave the whole Olympic area immediately then I hope he recovers well. Love the dude as a player. It may be bigger than basketball with him.

Not gonna lie, I thought he was so disenchanted from the ending vs France he gave up. But I'll give him benefit of the doubt. Rest up until October.

Rui is major trade bait. He definitely isn't a championship piece like a KCP, Caruso, Kuzma, Morris.

At first I thought he could be a major contributor but i was wrong. Dude's game is too one-dimensional and he gives the Lakers very little defensively. And most importantly he doesn't rebound the basketball-

For those who want to see Jerami Grant in a Laker uniform, simply look at Rui and that's what you're gonna get with Grant.

Hachimura, who is going to get hurt every single season, should be the first to get traded, even before DLo imo.

Back
Top Bottom