**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’m sure a lot of you guys have been watching Team USA this summer… and if you have, at some point you’ve probably said something along the lines of “Embiid sucks” 😂

Not that Embiid is a bad basketball player, because he’s not… but he doesn’t really do the things that I’d like to see dominant big men do. Too much foul baiting and flopping. Too much outside shooting.

And that’s DLo in a nutshell for me. He’s not a “bad” player, but he just doesn’t do enough of the things that I’d like to see my point guards do… defend, penetrate the paint, solid decision making, etc. Maybe he’d be better off on a team where his weaknesses could be hidden better.

IMG_1335.jpeg

Probably won’t even be that bad over there once you pick on a few key words

Embiid is a MVP of the league, international ball ain't NBA ball. Weird comparison.

Embiid is a MVP of the league, international ball ain't NBA ball. Weird comparison.
Huh?

I’m not a fan of his game during the NBA either… but I have been seeing more of him during this FIBA run. Saw him in person, watched all of the USA games so far. And I’m not talking about stats, just how he plays the game.

Would rather have Tyus Jones on veteran minimum 3mil (like Phoenix got him for), than DLo at 18.7mil. Frees up cap space for a legit rotation player of need.

Hopefully DLo has another good regular season and can trade him at deadline

Why sign him from the start?

Wonder what it would take to get him.

Don’t know their cap situation but maybe they HAD to spend money and figured they could use him as trade bait down the road.

Windy said a few weeks ago don’t rule the Lakers out of the JV sweepstakes just yet.

Rob was definitely coked out the entire pandemic through the bubble and up TIL THIS DAY. It's the only thing that makes sense with his decisions.

The Finals ended in October and the new season started in December.

I am not a Rob fan but he couldn't just run it back with those same guys with only 7ish weeks rest.

They needed new(er), younger legs to brace for the next season.

Marvel was an AD injury from being on top again, now AD is back, Marvel is back.

Same thing will happen to for the Lakers.

The 2021 team was fine with me… vibes not quite the same but they surrounded AD and Lebron with solid role players but unfortunately the big dogs couldn’t stay healthy.

Of course we can complain in hindsight because they didn’t win it all 😂

Hey forget 2020, that’s in the past. Let’s focus on next season folks…

Look at what I just found:

I’m sure y’all are all dying to know this so let me save you some time spent clicking and scrolling…

1722810617206.png

No comment from me, but what do you all think? Too high, too low or just about right? And if you want to move him up, who are you moving down a spot?

I hate when people do this.
He wasn't comparing Embiid to DLow.
He was comparing an element of Embiid to an element of DLow.

"See that red hat Jordan is wearing? My brother's hat is just like that."
"Don't compare your brother to Jordan."

See? We recognize it in that sense. Just because 2 names are mentioned doesn't mean that the 2 people are being compared.

"You know how Embiid gets booed even though he is obviously a quality basketball player? That's how I am with DLow."

'quality player being booed' = red hat

I'm sure this will go over as smooth as a Prius going up an uphill creek, but I tried.
😂 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hate when people do this.
He wasn't comparing Embiid to DLow.
He was comparing an element of Embiid to an element of DLow.
Maybe he KNEW that I was meant to say even thought I didn’t specifically compare the two in my post.

Happens to me all too often around here I guess 😂

Maybe he KNEW that I was meant to say even thought I didn’t specifically compare the two in my post.

Happens to me all too often around here I guess 😂
It's a common internet mistake, along with another one you just alluded to:
"ABC."
"I know that you meant DEF."
"What? No. I meant ABC, like I said."
"I'm not stupid. You meant DEF. Actually, there's a bunch of us that know you meant DEF. You just don't want to say it. We know, though."

People get weird online. 😂

Back
Top Bottom