**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

IDK where you guys are trying to go with this. It LITERALLY exists in every fan base. And yeah, the uneducated fanbase is the majority.

I get that, but deading a kid at 19, after SUMMER LEAGUE games, is beyond that.

Players develop at different rates. Hell, second half DLo is everything you could ask for from a 21 year old with no help around him.

But they had already wrote him off 2 years earlier, while simultaneously praising Ingram who was FAR worse. :lol:

You're old enough to know this is a ridiculous statement

You wanted more out of a 21 year old with no help around him????? The hell you want, 25-10 every night or somethin? :lol:

You guys really wouldn't Be interested in Jonathan Simmons?

His market value is around the 8-9 million per year range.
He brings toughness, defense and athleticism in the wing.

I know he's restricted but if the spurs sign Gay or Iggy I say it's worth a shot to give him an offer sheet.

I know he's restricted but if the spurs sign Gay or Iggy I say it's worth a shot to give him an offer sheet.

Cap Space.. Not going to happen..

If they do end up signing someone for $ on multiple years then everybody deserves an explanation

Last edited:

I doubt that's his market, that's what the Spurs reportedly will offer him. I'm positive some other teams is going to give him 15+ a year and they'll have to match it. 

He's getting interest from Sacramento, Clippers, and Wolves who all have more than 8-9 mil to offer him. 

Last edited:
IDK where you guys are trying to go with this. It LITERALLY exists in every fan base. And yeah, the uneducated fanbase is the majority.

Players develop at different rates. Hell, second half DLo is everything you could ask for from a 21 year old with no help around him.

But they had already wrote him off 2 years earlier, while simultaneously praising Ingram who was FAR worse. :lol:

You wanted more out of a 21 year old with no help around him????? The hell you want, 25-10 every night or somethin? :lol:

Deanglo Russel is as a good performer with helpless talent around him at his age in NBA history???
Minus the lazy stat googling, you know better.

Derrick Rose is the best 21 year old I've seen in my lifetime IMO and D Lo ain't close to that

Last edited:

Deanglo Russel is as a good performer with helpless talent around him at his age in NBA history???

Derrick Rose is the best 21 year old I've seen in my lifetime IMO and D Lo ain't close to that

Uhhh, K? So....so he's not the best 21 year old ever, but um....not one of us ever said he was. :lol:

And Rose died 3 years later. :lol:

Again, DLo was everything you could ask for the last 30+ games and well on his way to a progression that would be very useful as he rounds into his game, ala Mike Conley. But hey, we got cap space now so it's all good, go Magic.

Uhhh, K? So....so he's not the best 21 year old ever, but um....not one of us ever said he was. :lol:

Again, DLo was everything you could ask for the last 30+ games and well on his way to a progression that would be very useful as he rounds into his game, ala Mike Conley. But hey, we got cap space now so it's all good, go Magic.

I don't see this whole "everything you could ask for" sample you're pulling from. To each his own. I've seen more consistent and smarter players around equally trash talent at his age. Whatever he was positively producing for is replicable in the NBA. What elite skill did he show that made you say "He's as good as anyone his age"

Th confidence of these stans, my goodness

He got traded with little market value, and they still cape for him

Teams weren't fighting to put offfers together for this generational talent

I don't see this whole "everything you could ask for" sample you're pulling from. To each his own. I've seen more consistent and smarter players around equally trash talent at his age. Whatever he was positively producing for is replicable in the NBA. What elite skill did he show that made you say "He's as good as anyone his age"

Producing while on the court.

He got traded with little market value, and they still cape for him

Teams weren't fighting to put offfers together for this generational talent

They were shopping him only with Mozgov's contract attached... Contrary to early reports, they never actually made Russell available without taking Mozgov's contract off their hands

Last edited:
They were shopping him only with Mozgov's contract attached... Contrary to early reports, they never actually made Russell available without taking Mozgov's contract off their hands

It was also reported that Gms were leaking info to tank his trade value. Facts don't matter tho

He produced at an elite level on the court for his age? What about him was "Mike Conley"? Conley is one of the best PG defenders and finishers under the rim in the league and he was smarter by a LARGE margin at the same age

Last edited:
He produced at an elite level on the court for his age?

You never saw his PER 36 stats B? Greatest of all time stuff. Never mind he was benched twice and could only get 30 minutes a game consistently AFTER we traded away the best player on the team.

They'll die on the hill though. They'll say it's timing but it's a lie if we would have done the exact same deal next summer it would be the same uproar cause the stans have a following of this guy that is unmatched.

could only get 30 minutes a game consistently AFTER we traded away the best player on the team.

You've tried to peddle this bs before, conveniently ignoring the fact that nobody on the team averaged more than 29 mpg. So what point do you think you're trying to make? And how are you gonna spin it if he breaks out next season? Because if he disappoints I'll gladly admit that I was wrong about him.

Last edited:
could only get 30 minutes a game consistently AFTER we traded away the best player on the team.

You've tried to peddle this bs before, conveniently ignoring the fact that nobody on the team averaged more than 29 mpg. So what point do you think you're trying to make?

You conveniently compared Rajon Rondo to a child molester to make a point

Last edited:

He produced at an elite level on the court for his age? What about him was "Mike Conley"? Conley is one of the best PG defenders and finishers under the rim in the league and he was smarter by a LARGE margin at the same age

Conley was a great defender/finisher at 21????????????????????

Conley was a great defender/finisher at 21????????????????????

He was a lot better than Russell was. Russell was a better long range shooter/ball handler at the same age but everything else, not as good as Conley was. You have yet to say what elite skill he brings for his age, all you said was "producing while on the court" which is the most generic **** ever. This turned into a Conley thing randomly which says enough, we're arguing if he's going to be someone that hasn't been an all star :lol:

"He can be one of the highest paid players in the league that still hasn't made an all star team some day!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom