**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

IDK where you guys are trying to go with this. It LITERALLY exists in every fan base. And yeah, the uneducated fanbase is the majority.

I get that, but deading a kid at 19, after SUMMER LEAGUE games, is beyond that.

Players develop at different rates. Hell, second half DLo is everything you could ask for from a 21 year old with no help around him.

But they had already wrote him off 2 years earlier, while simultaneously praising Ingram who was FAR worse. :lol:

You're old enough to know this is a ridiculous statement

You wanted more out of a 21 year old with no help around him????? The hell you want, 25-10 every night or somethin? :lol:

Deanglo Russel is as a good performer with helpless talent around him at his age in NBA history???
Minus the lazy stat googling, you know better.

Derrick Rose is the best 21 year old I've seen in my lifetime IMO and D Lo ain't close to that

Uhhh, K? So....so he's not the best 21 year old ever, but um....not one of us ever said he was. :lol:

And Rose died 3 years later. :lol:

Again, DLo was everything you could ask for the last 30+ games and well on his way to a progression that would be very useful as he rounds into his game, ala Mike Conley. But hey, we got cap space now so it's all good, go Magic.

I don't see this whole "everything you could ask for" sample you're pulling from. To each his own. I've seen more consistent and smarter players around equally trash talent at his age. Whatever he was positively producing for is replicable in the NBA. What elite skill did he show that made you say "He's as good as anyone his age"

Producing while on the court.

He produced at an elite level on the court for his age? What about him was "Mike Conley"? Conley is one of the best PG defenders and finishers under the rim in the league and he was smarter by a LARGE margin at the same age

Conley was a great defender/finisher at 21????????????????????

He was a lot better than Russell was. Russell was a better long range shooter/ball handler at the same age but everything else, not as good as Conley was. You have yet to say what elite skill he brings for his age, all you said was "producing while on the court" which is the most generic **** ever. This turned into a Conley thing randomly which says enough, we're arguing if he's going to be someone that hasn't been an all star :lol:

"He can be one of the highest paid players in the league that still hasn't made an all star team some day!"

His vision/passing is elite, but gotta have finishers to truly show that.

Conley put up 10 and 4 at 21, in 2 more minutes of time per game, you serious right now? :lol:

And I guess Conley not being an All Star speaks to his game. Damian Lillard sucks too then. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

We done here?

Dame was an all star and all NBA player his 2nd year in the league. Not the best example to use.

Conley/Lillard suck because they can't be an All Star Guard in the West while Kobe, CP3, Steph, Russ, Klay, and Harden all take up spots every year.

IDK where you guys are trying to go with this. It LITERALLY exists in every fan base. And yeah, the uneducated fanbase is the majority.

Players develop at different rates. Hell, second half DLo is everything you could ask for from a 21 year old with no help around him.

But they had already wrote him off 2 years earlier, while simultaneously praising Ingram who was FAR worse. :lol:

You wanted more out of a 21 year old with no help around him????? The hell you want, 25-10 every night or somethin? :lol:

Deanglo Russel is as a good performer with helpless talent around him at his age in NBA history???

Derrick Rose is the best 21 year old I've seen in my lifetime IMO and D Lo ain't close to that

Uhhh, K? So....so he's not the best 21 year old ever, but um....not one of us ever said he was. :lol:

Again, DLo was everything you could ask for the last 30+ games and well on his way to a progression that would be very useful as he rounds into his game, ala Mike Conley. But hey, we got cap space now so it's all good, go Magic.

I don't see this whole "everything you could ask for" sample you're pulling from. To each his own. I've seen more consistent and smarter players around equally trash talent at his age. Whatever he was positively producing for is replicable in the NBA. What elite skill did he show that made you say "He's as good as anyone his age"

He produced at an elite level on the court for his age? What about him was "Mike Conley"? Conley is one of the best PG defenders and finishers under the rim in the league and he was smarter by a LARGE margin at the same age

He was a lot better than Russell was. Russell was a better long range shooter/ball handler at the same age but everything else, not as good as Conley was. You have yet to say what elite skill he brings for his age, all you said was "producing while on the court" which is the most generic **** ever. This turned into a Conley thing randomly which says enough, we're arguing if he's going to be someone that hasn't been an all star :lol:

"He can be one of the highest paid players in the league that still hasn't made an all star team some day!"

Conley put up 10 and 4 at 21, in 2 more minutes of time per game, you serious right now? :lol:

And I guess Conley not being an All Star speaks to his game. Damian Lillard sucks too then. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

We done here?

His vision and passing was elite? News to me. I saw more bone-headed decisions and forced flash if anything. Stop forcing **** for the sake of your argument. You run to basketball reference and intangible, unprovable things anytime you've got called for this.
Deangelo Russell is Damian Lillard, it's official guys.

There's really no point in arguing with you :lol: If he sucks you're just going to say "All i said was give him a chance!" If he's a fringe star you'll try to hang it over our heads like we missed out on something special.
If he's Damian Lillard as a leader and difference maker, I'll eat my words, proudly.\

Luke and Magic obviously wanted his *** out for a reason, they played with ALL TIME great players, for some reason, a lot of you think you know greatness better by a large margin and won't even give them half a year to prove you wrong. Immature as ****.

Last edited:
Well Brooklyn guard #1 should gave no problem making it next year in the East right? There's almost no great players even left in the entire conference outside of Wall, Kyrie, Beal and Derozan.

Well Brooklyn guard #1 should gave no problem making it next year in the East right? There's almost no great players even left in the entire conference outside of Wall, Kyrie, Beal and Derozan.

His vision and passing is elite for his age, he'll make all of those guys around him better.

Dlo could have all the #'s young guys want the organization didn't want the headache that's it he's gone

That's all it comes down to. Apparently they think the Lakers don't have any analytics people. Despite being the first guard to average such and such under a blood moon during the winter solstice, ultimately he wasn't worth the trouble.

He put up empty stats on a bad team here and will likely do the same in Brooklyn. He already snitching on his teammates so he could be on his Oladipo steez soon.

We done here?

His vision and passing was elite? News to me. I saw more bone-headed decisions and forced flash if anything.

There's really no point in arguing with you :lol: If he sucks you're just going to say "All i said was give him a chance!" If he's a fringe star you'll try to hang it over our heads like we missed out on something special.
If he's Damian Lillard as a leader and difference maker, I'll eat my words, proudly.

See what you doin?

I use Conley as an example of a PG developing, showing that DLo was on a fine trajectory.
Now I mention Lillard and you claim i said they're equal.

See that **** right there?

You guys post from your bubble baths with scented candles & **** start gettin crazy.

Kyle Lowry, another PG that developed just fine over time.

CJ McCollum, tweener Guard, similar to DLo, Hybrid PG/SG. Not much his first two years but doin fine later.

Rondo, did he do much his first two years????

Go ahead and claim I'm saying he's a combo of Lillard/Conley/Lowry/CJ/Rondo with a side of Magic/Stockton/Payton/Steph.

Hey tho, we all gonna be patient with Ingram and Ball tho, oh yeah, take our time with these two.... [emoji]128077[/emoji]

We done here?

His vision and passing was elite? News to me. I saw more bone-headed decisions and forced flash if anything.

If he's Damian Lillard as a leader and difference maker, I'll eat my words, proudly.

See what you doin?

I use Conley as an example of a PG developing, showing that DLo was on a fine trajectory.
Now I mention Lillard and you claim i said they're equal.

See that **** right there?

You guys post from your bubble baths with scented candles & **** start gettin crazy.

Kyle Lowry, another PG that developed just fine over time.

CJ McCollum, tweener Guard, similar to DLo, Hybrid PG/SG. Not much his first two years but doin fine later.

Rondo, did he do much his first two years????

Go ahead and claim I'm saying he's a combo of Lillard/Conley/Lowry/CJ/Rondo with a side of Magic/Stockton/Payton/Steph.

Hey tho, we all gonna be patient with Ingram and Ball tho, oh yeah, take our time with these two.... [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Yup, they're all the same player with the same trajectory, can't wait to be proved wrong man. Every young guy deserves the same chance. Can't wait for Ben McLemore to be that next Ray Allen!

Believe it or not, some of us try to see things beyond numbers and accolades. I brought that all star **** up because you were arguing equally dumb ****.

You LOVE putting words in people that contend you words' mouth but get super defensive and accusatory if the same happens to you. You're WAY too old to be playing victim like this, "oh everyone said I said he's hall of fame talent," nah nobody did.

Is it really THAT black and white for you? Or do you not get why people think he's a stupid person and basketball player?

Thanks for mentioning a lot of players that haven't accomplished ****, Kyle Lowry is the last dude I want to be used as an example for greatness :lol:

Last edited:
Dlo could have all the #'s young guys want the organization didn't want the headache that's it he's gone

That's all it comes down to. Apparently they think the Lakers don't have any analytics people. Despite being the first guard to average such and such under a blood moon during the winter solstice, ultimately he wasn't worth the trouble.

He put up empty stats on a bad team here and will likely do the same in Brooklyn. He already snitching on his teammates so he could be on his Oladipo steez soon.
Acting like we lost prime Kobe ...Dlo gone

What words did I put in your mouth?

I don't give a **** what you people think, never have. (Clearly)

Call whoever you want the next Ray Allen, you're still missing the point. DLo doesn't have to be ANYBODY, he's simply progressing. Which has been some of our points from day 1. People like you don't wanna get that. I don't care if he's Conley, Harden, Lowry or none of them, if he's producing at 19, more at 20, more at 21, etc etc then he can get to where we'd want him to get at 24-25-26 and beyond.

Why the **** would I care if you think he's stupid? :lol: :rofl:

Acting like we lost prime Kobe ...Dlo gone

Prime Kobe & Shaq. I haven't seen this much outrage ever.

Funny he brings up Lowry as an example though seeing as he was traded not once, but twice. And had his first all star season at age 28 in his 9th season. There is no blueprint for this. Some guys you know they have IT early and some you don't.

Kyle Lowry, greatness....that's what you got.....yeah, I see what this is now. I can fix this easy.

What words did I put in your mouth?

I don't give a **** what you people think, never have. (Clearly)

Call whoever you want the next Ray Allen, you're still missing the point. DLo doesn't have to be ANYBODY, he's simply progressing. Which has been some of our points from day 1. People like you don't wanna get that. I don't care if he's Conley, Harden, Lowry or none of them, if he's producing at 19, more at 20, more at 21, etc etc then he can get to where we'd want him to get at 24-25-26 and beyond.

Why the **** would I care if you think he's stupid? :lol: :rofl:

If you didn't care you wouldn't argue it for as long as you have.

If you didn't care what I thought you wouldn't engage me as much as you have.

Just ignore me next time instead of running in your hamster wheel.

You clearly don't care what we think for all the paragraphs and responses you've typed in contention.
Emoji it off all you want but you keep doing it :lol:

Last edited:
So help me understand, you guys are saying dlo wasn't on pace and never will be an all star caliber player?

Don't. They can Chad Ford all that later. Just wait for the Ingram turn pretty soon. That's gonna be really on some.

Back
Top Bottom