**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Mamba out here looking like a Trump faithful.

But I don't think this is a big deal. Hill went with stability which was expected. Lakers are going all in next summer, and there's a lot of smoke about certain guys wanting to come here (no idea why though they won't win a ring, unless Ball and Ingram make huge leaps very quickly).

Magic & Rob tried to sell Hill on the Lakers brand and he passed. The same thing that's been going on for the past 5 years happened again. Winning will always matter more than playing for the "brand" of the Lakers.

I don't mind cuz Hill made the right choice, financial security is always the move, but its still something to note. Next summer is where the real judgment will occur.

Last edited:
Magic & Rob tried to sell Hill on the Lakers brand and he passed. The same thing that's been going on for the past 5 years happened again. Winning will always matter more than playing for the "brand" of the Lakers.

How do you know this? Looks like they tried to sell him on a 1 year deal and he got the same money for 2 guaranteed and some for a 3rd.

Because some of y'all act like all Magic has to do is smile at someone and they're gunna sign here.

Hill went with the bag, plain and simple

FO isn't getting anyone to take a 1 year deal other than those looking to bounce back from injuries or journeymen.

How do you know this? Looks like they tried to sell him on a 1 year deal and he got the same money for 2 guaranteed and some for a 3rd.

Lol yea man, hard to blame magic for this one. Dudes need to stop reaching.

It was smart to go after him, Kings just offered what we wouldn't.

I don't think we got played as much as we were just unfortunate in this situation.
Kings offering him that deal is completely stupid and a fluke. No other organization in the Kings shoes with the amount of young guards on their roster would offer Hill that deal.

But Kangz gonna Kang.
If it wasnt for them we would have had Hill IMO.

**** luck. Oh well, it is what it is. He clearly wanted financial security over playing with the Lakers and thats fine, I cant hate on that because if i was in his shoes id probably want the same thing.
Thats a lot of money to pass up on which can do a lot of good for family and friends.

Last edited:
Good decision by Hill taking the money

Looks like we might get stuck with non shooting Rondo or Stuckey

Is Jordan Farmar still available? [emoji]127995[/emoji]‍♂️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom