**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

But why would anyone take a one year deal?

bm-24k-4.gif

Last edited:
The Lakers make so much bread with that time warner deal and global merchandising

Why can't we just go over cap $20 mill next summer and pay the tax?

F it
That's not how the salary cap works. 

Theoretically we can bring back Randle and still eek out 2 max deals, provided nobody like the Nets try and screw us with a max deal offer for him next summer. Deng will need to be stretched and Clarkson just traded for a pick or something. Would net an additional 15 million in cap space if Randle's hold is around 10 million. We'd have a payroll of around 35 million and if the cap is 103, that's around 65-70 million depending on cap holds, enough for PG at 30.6 and even Bron's starting salary of 36.5, we then could go back over the cap to resign Randle should we want. 

Last edited:
But GSW just went $40 M over cap and paid $40 M in luxury tax
That's cause they had bird rights over most of their players except KD (or they have used the exceptions they have available for them). Technically nobody has even signed yet, they have to do it in a specific order to make it work. Steph got his bag, but he'll probably be the last one to put pen to paper. 

Last edited:
Damn, so next summer we can potentially go over the cap for Randle and whoever we acquire at the deadline ?

Yup you can go over the cap for our own free agents. You sign the new additions first. Then re-sign your own free agents with Bird Rights.

Very intrigued to see how Hart plays tonight.
Ball is gunna be great I'm not worried about him.

Ingram has to dominate to the point where the Lakers remove him off the summer league roster. I'd be extremely disappointed if he didn't look like the 2nd best player on the court

I'm hyped. Lakers basketball is back.

Last edited:
i dont know how dominate ingram gonna look

only his aecond year and he dont seem like a very aggressive player at all

Lol @ Wear starting over Kuzma.

I get Blue over Hart but how are we not starting our 1st round pick in summer league? :smh:

Back
Top Bottom