**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

For the last few months, we’ve been operating under the assumption that Paul George to the Lakers next season is close to a done deal. But according to George himself, that isn’t so.

George called it ‘too early’ for him to commit to playing with the Lakers next season in an in-depth interview with Sports Illustrated’s Lee Jenkins. The Lakers will have to make commitments from another top player or two from around the league before George even considers them an option, he said.

“It would have to be a situation where the ball gets rolling and guys are hopping on. This guy commits, that guy commits. ‘Oh ****, now there’s a team forming.’ It has to be like that,” George told Jenkins.

“I’m in OKC, so hopefully me and [Russell Westbrook] do a good enough job and make it to the conference finals and love the situation. Why not recruit someone to come build it with us? I’m open in this whole process.”
So pretty much if we dont get multiple all-stars, PG isnt coming here.  We have that cap space though.

gee who didnt see that coming from a mile away
laugh.gif
Not Mambadambus or whatever he was calling himself in the NBA offseason thread.  I probably shouldnt have posted that in this thread due to his strict posting thresholds of only posting about players on the team.

Last edited:
What else is PG suppose to say?

"Ya I'm leaving. OKC ain't going anywhere and I will hate it here"

Things can change in the NBA very quickly. Who woulda thought a year or two ago warriors would have KD. And butler would be in Minni (and for a really crappy trade too). Hayward in bos. That porzingis would have been on the trading block for a little bit. That lakers would have traded away their number 2 pick from two years ago... be patient. Set yourself up for FA and continue to develop your players. That's all you can do. It's not a all or none situation.

What if PG doesn't play well? What if he gets hurt? Or what if he plays great but he hates Westbrook? Etc. too many variables to hang onto every little thing these players say a year in advance.

Last edited:
Good to see I'm still on everybody's mind. Will be added to the manifesto as well.

Yeah, I don't expect PG to flat out say he's leaving or coming to LA. Or for him to say "those reports are true, I really wanted to go to LA, but it didn't happen" lol

View media item 2489402

Dear god, we are going to be awful another five years.

It doesn't sound good, and Lord knows I will crucify Magic/Rob/Jeanie if they whiff again next year, but that said, it's a year away. PG isn't gonna say anything stupid after joining a new team. If OKC gets swept in the first round he could easily say the hell with this and dip.

Just have to let the year play out and go from there. Maybe he won't want to come to LA, but maybe Bron truly gets tired of Gilbert and bolts, and comes callin for PG to join him. So many variables 11.5 months away.

Back
Top Bottom