**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I was in LA for work. Made some time to check out a few murals. RIP Kobe and Gigi
Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 3
Can someone explain why Kobe would give away his championship ring and Olympic ring? I mean not like dude was hurtin for money. If he gave them to a close contact, I guess that’s understandable (I would never). But if true, they are disgusting for pawning the memorabilia because of opportunistic monetary gains

those rings seem like highly prized possessions that are extremely rare and reflective of all the hard work kobe put in to achieve those things. I’d imagine they are incredibly meaningful to him. I understand not caring about jerseys, shoes etc. but a championship ring? Idk.

Can someone explain why Kobe would give away his championship ring and Olympic ring? I mean not like dude was hurtin for money. If he gave them to a close contact, I guess that’s understandable (I would never). But if true, they are disgusting for pawning the memorabilia because of opportunistic monetary gains

those rings seem like highly prized possessions that are extremely rare and reflective of all the hard work kobe put in to achieve those things. I’d imagine they are incredibly meaningful to him. I understand not caring about jerseys, shoes etc. but a championship ring? Idk.

Someone said that the first championship ring was given to his parents but he probably had one that he kept. But who knows.

But a lot of that stuff that is up is nice. Out of my price range but very nice.

Didn’t he sue his parents for pawning that stuff off? I don’t think Kobe himself got rid of it NO WAY

those murals are all over follow that IG page for the exact addresses of them all

Didn’t he sue his parents for pawning that stuff off? I don’t think Kobe himself got rid of it NO WAY

those murals are all over follow that IG page for the exact addresses of them all

From what I understand they actually sold that ring prior to this.

Did a little bit of research.

So that ring is indeed legit and was awarded to Kobe. But it’s not exactly Kobe’s ring. Kobe has his own 2000 Championship ring. This is not it. Kobe purchased 2 more identical rings for each of his parents. So there’s really 3 rings. Kobe’s parents tried selling their rings and Kobe tried to sue them to stop but they were ultimately allowed to do so.

But Safe to say, it’s not like there was only 1 ring and this was the one specifically awarded to Kobe. I’m sure Kobe (his fam) is still in possession of the actual ring that he won.

The Olympic one idk I didn’t do the research but I figure it’s the same story

Damn man. Can’t believe Bean is gone. Still doesn’t feel real. I just had an image of him shaking the laker logo on his jersey for the road crowd.
I’m sick

Working with the mayor to open the practice facility. I think we are gonna get some basketball. Don't know when but it would be great to get basketball come June 1st.

Back
Top Bottom