**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

just feels like it has to happen. Team slumping but only a few games away from 4th, and other teams’ stars are injured. It just has to.. 🙏 please kyrie save us 😂

I don't really want to trade for Kyrie. It's not Just about the assets we'd give up it's because we'd also have to commit to signing Kyrie to a long-term deal. we've seen how that's worked out in his last couple of stops. It's only a matter of time before he blows up the Lakers too

Tbh, the Conley-Beasley-Vanderbilt package is a fine alternative. I'd probably look to flip Vanderbilt because Wenyen can give you 90% of what Vanderbilt does already though.

Kyrie is everything you hoped to get from Russ...

Why in the hell wouldn't you make the deal?

We gotta get Kyrie.

It's a highlight but look at the way BI was baking any Laker defender they threw at him.

Bev, Rui, Troy, Bron, etc...don't matter, he was straight up serving whoever however they wanted it tonight.

Tbh, the Conley-Beasley-Vanderbilt package is a fine alternative. I'd probably look to flip Vanderbilt because Wenyen can give you 90% of what Vanderbilt does already though.

That puts us absolutely nowhere.

Conley is as injury prone if not more than Kyrie.

Vanderbilt is a solid piece but doesn’t move the needle.

Beasley is not going to do anything for the Lakers that guys already on the roster can’t do.

Rob needs to be on the phone with Toronto begging for Vanvleet.

But with that being said, Kyrie puts the Lakers in title contention this year. If the mission is win now at any cost, Kyrie is the answer.

I’ve also heard little rumblings that Kyrie would still be placed on an apology tour if he comes to LA. Anybody that believes that has another thing coming 🤣. Kyrie doesn’t owe anybody any further apologies or explanations.

I wonder what the penalty would be to circumvent the Stepien rule by making under the table agreements with teams for the ‘26 and ‘28 picks. Just call it “future considerations”.

329097299_748989246624856_5798952473619815629_n.png

Kinda want the Lakers next trade partner to be Toronto.
I think if a three way trade happens with the Lakers and Nets, the Raptors would be the third team. Sending FVV and Trent Jr to the Nets is fair compensation for Kyrie.

Edit:
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_2-5-2023_8-43-09AM.png

AD/Gabriel/Boucher/Jones
Bron/JTA
Rui/Harris/Porter Jr
Brown Jr/Reaves/Christie
Kyrie/Schroder

One roster spot open.

Last edited:
I suck at PhotoShop and that kind of thing, but I've wanted to make an advertisement for years. You know those ads that have 2 or 3 black & white pics of something goofy that shows why you need the product along with 2 or 3 questions in contrasting bright colors?

Goofy Laker pics in b/w.

"Is your main star in a slump?"
"Is your team on a woeful losing streak?"
"Do you have a role player who could really use a huge breakout game?"
"COME PLAY THE LAKERS!"

Billy Mays(RIP) aint walkin thru that door

Kyrie is everything you hoped to get from Russ...

Why in the hell wouldn't you make the deal?

We gotta get Kyrie.

The whole reason Kyrie is requesting a trade now is because he wants to be traded to a franchise that will have his bird rights and offer him the full 4-year max. Unless you want to give him that contract, there's no point in trading for him.

Have you watched Kyrie Irving over the last 5 years? This is now the third situation he's completely destroyed (Cleveland, Boston and now Brooklyn). He screwed over his friend Kevin Durant, he's derailed championship level teams. Literally one of the most selfish players I can remember.

You can't even use the "LeBron will keep Kyrie in line" rationale anymore

If we're talking in a vacuum, of course we would trade for Kyrie, but in that scenario every team in the league would want him. He's at the point where he's completely toxic. There's a reason why the Lakers are one of the few teams interested in trading for him.

The whole reason Kyrie is requesting a trade now is because he wants to be traded to a franchise that will have his bird rights and offer him the full 4-year max. Unless you want to give him that contract, there's no point in trading for him.

Have you watched Kyrie Irving over the last 5 years? This is now the third situation he's completely destroyed (Cleveland, Boston and now Brooklyn). He screwed over his friend Kevin Durant, he's derailed championship level teams. Literally one of the most selfish players I can remember.

You can't even use the "LeBron will keep Kyrie in line" rationale anymore

If we're talking in a vacuum, of course we would trade for Kyrie, but in that scenario every team in the league would want him. He's at the point where he's completely toxic. There's a reason why the Lakers are one of the few teams interested in trading for him.
Although true

The laker product has been despicable and we will be in the 13th seed in the west this year (just think about this for a minute. Only worse teams than us are the ranking spurs and rockets). Miss me with the “2 games behind 5th” mantra. We can’t even beat a struggling pelicans team in a MUST WIN game with two healthy superstars.

Might as well trade for Kyrie to give fans a bit of entertainment. Don’t make the trade and it will be year 3 out of 4 next year that we are a bottom 5 nba team without young stars to look forward to.

The hell with the lakers future and their owners.

Re-watched the game last night since I missed the last three quarters:

-Don't want to see Wenyen inbound the ball again. Got away with a mistake in the first half, not at the end of the third.
-Troy Brown Jr shot well, but Ingram had him in the torture rack.
-Schroder missed two layups in the fourth.
-AD has struggled changing ends (defense to offense) lately and really all season.
-I would've liked to seen Rui get more playing time.
-Brick wasn't bad last night besides lazy defense at the end of the third.
-AD and Bron played the entire fourth and still couldn't win. Completely un-serious.
-Think AD should've been deployed on Ingram. Bron could've guarded Nance since JV was out.
-Ham cannot have AD and Bron resting at the same time. Ever.

Last edited:
Re-watched the game last night since I missed the last three quarters:

-Don't want to see Wenyen inbound the ball again. Got away with a mistake in the first half, not at the end of the third.
-Troy Brown Jr shot well, but Ingram had him in the torture rack.
-Schroder missed two layups in the fourth.
-AD has struggled changing ends (defense to offense) lately and really all season.
-I would've liked to seen Rui get more playing time.
-Brick wasn't bad last night besides lazy defense at the end of the third.
-AD and Bron played the entire fourth and still couldn't win. Completely un-serious.
-Think AD should've been deployed on Ingram. Bron could've guarded Nance since JV was out.
-Ham cannot have AD and Bron resting at the same time. Ever.
You got a heart made of steel to go back and watch that game.

Sign kyrie for 4 years. F IT

Nets beat Wiz without Kyrie, KD, Simmons :lol:

Still can’t believe we couldn’t beat the reeling Pels

Reactions: DLF
Nets beat Wiz without Kyrie, KD, Simmons :lol:

Still can’t believe we couldn’t beat the reeling Pels
The Nets are 4th in the East. Thry have better supporting cast than L.A.

#2-3playersaway

This is why Lakers need more than just Kyrie to be legit title contenders

Lakers gotta get rid of ALL the weak links, not just Brick

Max Kyrie.
Look, I'm not saying I completely disagree, but I can confidently say I don't completely agree.

Follow up question: so then if when things go south, just get rid of him? Is that the contingency plan?

Back
Top Bottom