**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

watched the game on spectrum last night but I guess doc was campaigning for the gig on espn last night :lol:

Facts. Everyone saw how we played Vogel....

Rob better be cooking up some deals or the slander will be coming his way.

My thing with doc is it will improve the team short term but it will be ugly this time next year

To circle back to that Veccie video.

Their suggestion was DeRozan. And trade DLo and Rui for him. They said Caruso as well, but doubt Bulls will trade him (I agree that they won’t).
But the DDR for DLo/Rui trade just opens up a similar issue in a different area.

DDR better than DLo. No arguments or questions. But now you have a gap of minutes. Whether it’d be at Guard if DDR plays the 3, as he should. Or in the forward spots if DDR is at the 2. If he splits spots, then it’s a gap at both guard and forward spots.

Anyway. Throw whatever pick is necessary.

IMG_5797.png

ADVERTISEMENT​

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-4-2024_12-54-57PM.png

Plus a future pick swap. LaVine's value is in the gutter, so they don't get any type of owed pick.

gilly-and-keeves-eat-the-gun.gif

Last edited:
Trying to save a pick to get LaVine instead of DeRozan is rough work.

You’re then committed to that LaVine contract. Would be a tough one to move. Not impossible but it won’t get easier. And it isn’t even much, if any upgrade.

Go DDR for Rui and Gabe. Than Drummond for Cam & Hayes. Plus the 2029 first and 2nds

We can **** on LaVine and his contract all we want but here’s the truth:

- he’s instantly our best shooter
- he’s instantly our best slasher (Lebron cannot do it for more than 10 drives a game at this point)
- he’s instantly our most athletic backcourt player (cam is very athletic but he can’t put the ball in the basket)
- we don’t have guys who the defense has to worry about man. We all love Reaves but he’s an undrfted slow white dude. He is not enough. I’ve been advocating for Tauren but he’s a career journeyman and yet we’re relying on him like he’s prime Klay Thompson.

The reality of the situation is AD and Bron have played almost every game but the rest of the roster STINKS. there is nobody teams have to gameplan for other than our main 2.

Cam reddish should be out the league but we’re playing him 20 minutes a game. Vando hasn’t looked at the hoop in a month but we’re relying on him.

This roster stinks. We overachieved like a MF last year and I honestly think it was just because everyone was happy we got rid of the bad vibes :lol:

There’s currently a deepening disconnect between Darvin Ham and the Lakers locker room, six sources with direct knowledge of the situation say, raising questions about the head coach’s standing. The people spoke with The Athletic on condition of anonymity so that they could speak freely on the matter. Those sources have described that the disjointedness between the coach and team has stemmed from the extreme rotation and starting lineup adjustments recently from Ham, leading to a fluctuating rhythm for several players across the roster
Just got around to reading this article....

So let me see, the issue is rotations (lack of playing time, starting, etc) and there are 6 sources "with DIRECT KNOWLEDGE" of the situation...

Hmm let me think who could be unhappy with the rotations... Guys who started last season and some this season as well (Austin, DLo, Vando) and guys who thought they'd have a bigger role this season (Wood, Max, Rui).

Even when the team was winning I'm sure they weren't happy with the rotations, but it's hard to complain if that's the case. Now that the team is losing,

Bottom line to me is that everyone (outside of AD who has been great) needs to do better... don't cry about rotation and minutes if when you are in the game you're not playing well. Turning the ball over, wack defense, poor effort, missing wide open shots, etc is a player/talent issue. It's one thing if AD has quit on the coach and isn't playing hard, but role players? Nah yall can be replaced, regardless of who's on the sidelines. I haven't really been paying much attention to the post game soundbites, but how many players are taking accountability for their poor play? Hey I gotta do better, gotta hit shots, gotta defend, etc... it's a bad vibe now because of the losing, but if we've really gotten to the players are pointing fingers game that's a loser mentality regardless of whatever is going on.

This is probably the lineup I’d try since we’re basically just throwing darts now

Dlo
Max
Rui
Bron
Ad

AR as the 6th man.
Prince as the 7th man.

Idk what to do with vando and wood but they’re probably 8 & 9. No more cam minutes.

This is probably the lineup I’d try since we’re basically just throwing darts now

Dlo
Max
Rui
Bron
Ad

AR as the 6th man.
Prince as the 7th man.

Idk what to do with vando and wood but they’re probably 8 & 9. No more cam minutes.

The hard part is that Ham has changed the lineups so frequently in 1 month that you can’t really **** with it anymore because it then creates more instability and confusion.

It’s a mess that even though I don’t think there’s a coaching hire that’s a fix. But I think you have to do it before you make a trade because he’s lost everybody by being erratic.

Prince as the bridge between DLo/AR and Bron/AD and Vando starting out injured ****ed up the whole season up to this point. Prince would be great 20 minutes a game. 7th/8th guy. But as the POA defender he’s not nearly good enough and made it (DLo/AR) look worse than it is. And then not trying Vando when he became healthy with DLo and AR further widens the issue. Now you’re 35 games in and don’t even know if last years lineup works. Other teams have injuries, but they have already shaped what works and what doesn’t. It’s like we’re game 5 into the season not 35.
Moving AR to the bench, sure. Then saying he wants DLo and AR to be separate most times. Then moves DLo to the bench and doesn’t move AR to the starting lineup.
And starting lineups that rival the great Wayne Ellington. Drew Goudelock. Ryan Kelly. Robert Sacre days.

****ing with minutes. Some guys getting long leashes. Other more talented players getting subbed out.

It’s madness of game management.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom