**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Main point, when they run a higher amount of set offense (over 51%) they are a more fluent team. And most often (I follow him) the really bad quarters, are less organized or just bad at holding onto the ball.
I follow Cranjis too so I’m familiar with his posts on this issue. But it doesn’t really answer my question about context. I’m sure running plays > not running plays but is 51% a high or low number by NBA standards? That’s what I’d like to know

I follow Cranjis too so I’m familiar with his posts on this issue. But it doesn’t really answer my question about context. I’m sure running plays > not running plays but is 51% a high or low number by NBA standards? That’s what I’d like to know

Ah. Alright. Now I got you.

I’ll ask.

Steph typically struggles in LA, so no big deal.

Yeah but knowing us we will play another bone head game....

Or actually since we laid an egg vs sac maybe we will play right...

Who knows. This year has shown us we never know what to expect from any of them. Some nights we look like a team that can compete and other nights we look like the tank teams.

So does Juwan Howard come on the staff next season...

I know Pelinka wanted him to take it when Vogel got fired...

What were your thoughts on Mike Brown when we had him?
Young coach at the time, didn't see it working out with Kobe's personality.

I thought he did decent in a lockout shortened season but I felt he could've done better.

Was shocked when he got fired early in the season, immediately thought he became the sacrificial lamb.

I understood it. The Lakers went from the triangle offense with Phil to Mike Brown's system and it wasn't a good fit.

Dr. Buss wanted to run n gun so he fired Brown before he died and brought in Dantoni in a desperation move and it failed miserably.

40 year old 2011 Brown vs 50 year old 2024 Ham is not a good comparison.
DAntoni vs Ham is better. I do not recall calling for Brown to be fired like I did with Dantoni and like I do for Ham.

IMG_7037.png

1710608101082.png

Got a question for you guys.. I know how much love everyone has for the 2020 team, and that year I don’t think it was any doubt that Lebron and AD were the best duo in the West (probably the entire league for the matter). Where do you think Lebron and AD stack up against the rest of the west in 2024?

Rank em: This is in order of standings btw

1. Joker/Murray
2. SGA/J Will (you can say Chet if you like)
3. Ant/Kat
4. Kawhi/PG
5. Zion/BI
6. Fox/Sabonis
7. KD/Booker
8. Luka/Kyrie
9. Lebron/AD
10. Steph/Draymond?

Eventually out with the old, in with the new… but have we reached that point already? Looking at the standings KD, Bron and Steph for as great as they might still be all of their teams are at the bottom of the standings. Playoffs might be a different story but you have to get there first…

Last edited:
Saw some promos for today’s game w/ the Warriors, and can’t help but think about the fact that Steph and Lebron are 9th and 10th place in the west. KD is doing a little better but not by much…

Not to say these older guys aren’t great anymore, because they can be on any given night… but at the same time they’re not great enough on a consistent basis to where it translates to winning.

This has been such a weird season. Believe it or not the Lakers are the sixth best three-point shooting team on the season.

If you would have told me LeBron and AD were on pace to play 70 games and The Lakers were one of the best three-point shooting teams in the league I would have very confidently told you the team would be a top 4 seed. Instead we are going to barely make the play in.

This has been such a weird season. Believe it or not the Lakers are the sixth best three-point shooting team on the season.

If you would have told me LeBron and AD were on pace to play 70 games and The Lakers were one of the best three-point shooting teams in the league I would have very confidently told you the team would be a top 4 seed. Instead we are going to barely make the play in.

West just got that much better and we have been so inconsistent.

Also times where Bron or AD have not played for whatever reason and it was bad times for them not to play.

Just a bad season.

Traded defense for offense. Vando second best defender on the team, so not much choice when he’s out. Think Lakers defense was like 25th in the league last I checked

Were not winning a chip with a 40 year old so heavily relied on
He's not '40.'
II have it structured like that grammatically because we have a certain picture in our mind when we say that someone is 40, and it's not what we're seeing from #23 on the Lakers.
Watching him and knowing nothing of his age, no one in their right mind would say 'Why is that 40 year old out there?'
He is who he is, not who we think he is.
#23 is not what is keeping us from a championship, but he's an easy finger to point at, just like coach is... right C CP1708 ? 👀 Easy targets are easy, right?

I tried before the season to point out that champs = young cores, always. Always. As in, always.

Bron/AD at this age isn't gonna be enough. They'll have a great game here or there, a great series even, but asking them to go 6 months season + play-in + 2.5 months of playoffs against the best of the best......c'mon.

The LA Lakers are a business cash cow, nothing else. They don't prioritize excellence/winning anymore.

We have an owners daughter, owner.
We have an agent, GM.
We have a coach.
We have the oldest player in the league generating money at the box office while also getting paid like a 27 year old mega star.

None of those add up to winning a title.

And next year, it'll be even less likely.

We won't get a shot at being "back" again til the cash cow moves on (and opens up cap space)

And the sad part is, if Bron didn't take max money, he could be in his old Duncan era and we'd have a MUCH better shot. Cuz old Duncan was just old. Old Bron is actually damn good. If he had better help (young Kawhi, Manu, Parker, Diaw etc) We'd be in much better shape. Btw, old Duncan made 10 mil a year, not 40+.

#23 is not what is keeping us from a championship, but he's an easy finger to point at
How is pointing out that Lebron’s current level of greatness probably isn’t enough to top the greatness of another younger player who’s in their prime an example of pointing the finger at him?

Using the Nuggets as a perfect example, Lebron and AD (and the others) are good enough to keep it competitive but when the stakes are at the highest Joker and Murray have been able to take their games to a level that LBJ & AD haven’t seem to be able to reach… and that’s okay, it’s sports sometimes the other guy is just going to be better and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Back
Top Bottom