**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

2 All-NBA players and a 1st Team All Defense = 1 playoff win.

Guess could be worse, at least we're not the Suns >D
Just curious.. has there been any other starter on any team fail to score a single point in a game besides DLo this postseason?

Just curious.. has there been any other starter on any team fail to score a single point in a game besides DLo this postseason?

I don't blame the series loss on Dlo. I don't even hold much against him for the 0 point performance.

What killed me the most was him downplaying his poor game 1 performance by saying he's been dominating the season and he played well in game 2 so he is looking forward to showing that or some BS like that and he comes out and drops 0 points.

He has consistently done this. After the Warriors series, he has a DECENT to GOOD series (not even that spectacular) so he comes out to the media talking about how Minnesota held him back. Proceeds to get cooked off the floor against Denver.

This season he throws Ham and Dennis, of all people under the bus and next game gets locked up by Keon Ellis. What's funny is with all the legitimate complaints against Ham, last season in the playoffs against Denver, Ham didn't throw Dlo under the bus and bench him until the very last game second half. Dlo has no reason to whine about how Ham treated him last year in the playoffs.

This is why i want him off the team. It was cute when he was a rookie or young player, but dude is almost 30 and still yapping and not backing it up. He'll never learn or take accountability. While a guy like Brunson who had a MVP like season after losing in the playoffs talks about how he could've been better. While Dlo is up there saying yea I can live with the results, I put it all out there. Great job D'Angelo.

Ohhhh an another thing. Pat Bev was on his pod texting Dlo after the Lakers beat Milwaukee without Bron back in March. Dlo had a good game. He was texting Pat Bev talking about how Middleton can't finish games for the Bucks. Does this guy not see the irony of this statement? Middleton is an actual champion who has shown up in the playoffs.

I can keep going. Get this guy off of this team :lol:

Best case scenario is Boston doesn't even make the finals.....lol

Well yeah. That would be pretty embarrassing because no chance in hell they lose 4 to Indy.

But Kyrie winning on Boston's court would potentially send that City into Chaos for a bit. And that's as important as that team suffering

Bron is still top 3 at his position. So is AD. Unless you can guarantee to build a better core by blowing it up I don't see the point of whining like a spoiled brat because they don't win a championship every year. And with that said they definitely could've built better teams but they're still paying for the Westbrook trade

Bron is still top 3 at his position. So is AD. Unless you can guarantee to build a better core by blowing it up I don't see the point of whining like a spoiled brat because they don't win a championship every year. And with that said they definitely could've built better teams but they're still paying for the Westbrook trade

If he had his way he'd be tanking every season and blowing it up every other season. It's been going on for decades in here.

If he had his way he'd be tanking every season and blowing it up every other season. It's been going on for decades in here.
It's easy when you're just playing fantasy basketball :lol:. Would be funny to actually keep track of the moves he wanted to make and see how they work out. Wanted to trade AD for Shaedon Sharpe and trade Bron last year. So the Lakers would've been a bottom 5 team this year with the Pelicans controlling the pick. And Bron wasn't even trade eligible but that's part of the joke :lol:. And Jeanie is the dumb one

It's easy when you're just playing fantasy basketball :lol:. Would be funny to actually keep track of the moves he wanted to make and see how they work out. Wanted to trade AD for Shaedon Sharpe and trade Bron last year. So the Lakers would've been a bottom 5 team this year with the Pelicans controlling the pick. And Bron wasn't even trade eligible but that's part of the joke :lol:. And Jeanie is the dumb one

I think Jeanie is an idiot. I have always thought that even when Jim was running things. Nothing suggests she's basketball savvy or knows what she's doing no matter how much ESPN loves her because of how nice she is to them.

However, the Lakers basically have the hard part down. Getting that franchise changing superstar. Lebron in my mind is still that or at least as close to that as possible. Nothing really indicates he isn't. AD is a ridiculous second option. Getting the auxiliary parts is the "easier" part of building a franchise. I don't understand the notion of rebuilding at all. At least for now. It's a ridiculous idea.

I've been saying to tear it down but just also understanding that it's not going to happen and realistically is out of their hands to do so.

The ONLY way it would make sense is if Bron left.

So the franchise is basically being ran by Bron/AD/Klutch? :nerd:

Ok well that's who you quoted. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
That's who you were responding to.

He was upset last night I'm bad mouthing Jeanie and have been doing so for.........3 weeks. (Once rumors of Bron's max, JJ, CP3, Ham firing started piling up)

If I would have complained about Ham's timeout usage for 8 months I'd be chillin.

I think Jeanie is an idiot. I have always thought that even when Jim was running things. Nothing suggests she's basketball savvy or knows what she's doing no matter how much ESPN loves her because of how nice she is to them.

However, the Lakers basically have the hard part down. Getting that franchise changing superstar. Lebron in my mind is still that or at least as close to that as possible. Nothing really indicates he isn't. AD is a ridiculous second option. Getting the auxiliary parts is the "easier" part of building a franchise. I don't understand the notion of rebuilding at all. At least for now. It's a ridiculous idea.

The notion of rebuilding is simple to me

I don’t believe we can win another chip with Lebron and AD. Why? Because they make too much money so the pieces around them won’t be good enough

Even if Cleveland takes our best offer and we get Donovan….you still need a supporting cast. There won’t be a long list of good role players who will take the minimum to play with Lebron anymore. It’s hard playing with Lebron. Many players have said this. They get blamed “Lebron needs more help”……they have to change their games (stand in the corner and wait for a pass)….etc etc

So because of the above, why not cut ties now when you can get more assets for them? Sell high…..

This is just my view, but I really don’t think we can win another title with these two stars. I think the FO knows that, but they will milk it because we will be a mediocre team giving the illusion that we’re a contender, so they appeases casual fans.

And the real reason we keep the team together is business reasons…..jersey sales, merchandise, national tv games, marketing, farewell tour etc etc

Lakers have arguably gotten this part wrong most of the years Lebron has been here.

The major misstep was the Russ deal, 2021 the retool for all intensive purposes was working until AD got hurt in the Suns series and then they brought in Russ.

Also before this season the big 2 couldn't stay on the floor together either. But now that we have seen even with that being the case and them playing at an elite level and the subsequent results, then yes it really doesn't make sense logically to continue with the farce, but they will for other reasons beyond basketball.

The notion of rebuilding is simple to me

I don’t believe we can win another chip with Lebron and AD. Why? Because they make too much money so the pieces around them won’t be good enough

Even if Cleveland takes our best offer and we get Donovan….you still need a supporting cast. There won’t be a long list of good role players who will take the minimum to play with Lebron anymore. It’s hard playing with Lebron. Many players have said this. They get blamed “Lebron needs more help”……they have to change their games (stand in the corner and wait for a pass)….etc etc

So because of the above, why not cut ties now when you can get more assets for them? Sell high…..

This is just my view, but I really don’t think we can win another title with these two stars. I think the FO knows that, but they will milk it because we will be a mediocre team giving the illusion that we’re a contender, so they appeases casual fans.

And the real reason we keep the team together is business reasons…..jersey sales, merchandise, national tv games, marketing, farewell tour etc etc

Lakers have arguably gotten this part wrong most of the years Lebron has been here.

I know how highly thought of and beloved the 2019-2020 Lakers roster is, but I also remember them signing the most random assortment of players. They were literally signing guys based on name value or prior relationships. I know Rondo was beloved, but he was stinking it up a good portion of that year. Dwight, Mcgee, players with some name value. KCP was hated the year before, etc. I honestly believe they stumbled on something that worked. I don't think they had a "vision" or plan. They just looked down a FA excel spreadsheet and picked out names they recognized.

What they did that off season isn't something that is so unreachable in my eyes. Maybe these idiots running the team get lucky again. Kuzma and Caruso were developed by the Lakers and they were key pieces.

I believe Reaves is a key piece. Vando is definitely useful if he can stay healthy. He plays so hard he always gets hurt. Rui can be useful, but you can't rely on him too much. Have to keep the game simple for him. Christie has the ability to contribute very soon from the little I've seen of him. Gabe is a good player if only he can stay healthy.

I don't think they are that off from the 2019-2020 team IMO. At least I don't think they are so far off where they need to blow it up. Look at the teams remaining in the playoffs. I honestly don't think they are head and shoulders above the Lakers.

Improve on that loser Dlo, and I think they get significantly better.

1000001199.png

"Jeanie, the Rambii, Tim Harris and Pelinka can't sustain a contender. So let's put them in charge of a rebuild."

"Jeanie, the Rambii, Tim Harris and Pelinka can't sustain a contender. So let's put them in charge of a rebuild."

People must really not read full posts. :lol:

I fully do not want any of them in the Laker org. At all. Any capacity.

I want THE LAKERS to rebuild. Without that group of people. I want new money.

And I want Pat Riley brought back.

Eh, for the most part the organization has been able to draft really well. The younger Buss' are good. And for the most part outside of JHS and I guess Zo they've hit on a lotta picks.

People must really not read full posts. :lol:

I fully do not want any of them in the Laker org. At all. Any capacity.

I want THE LAKERS to rebuild. Without that group of people. I want new money.

And I want Pat Riley brought back.

Well you're definitely not living in reality, there not selling their cash cow.

Back
Top Bottom