Ladies and Gentlemen, Pictures of the XIX's Have Arrived....

^^ Guess what,

The Air Jordan isn't about making a shoe to "floss" in, or to look good with your throwback jersey and fitted hat- Air Jordans are about creating the best, highest performing basketball shoe on the planet...

So I got to see/touch/feel (no homo) the XIX's today. Just a couple thoughts:

1) The "strings" in the lace cover are all seperate (possible breakage?), its not laminated into one solid sheet.

2) The toe box, which is patent leather is a nice touch. I like it a lot. It does look like it was taken straight from the XI's, which happen to be my fav.

3) At the peak of the lace shroud, on the inside, it says XIX in vertical print (you can see the red in the pic on pg 1)

4) The strap has 2 magnets on each side. As I was fooling with the strap, it took some effort to get the 2 magnets to line up. I would assume they might not always line up perfectly if you have thick ankles/heels.

5) The laces are really really thin. Makes me think of the ones that come on dress shoes.

6) The lace lock under the shroud is nothing like any of the other lace locks from previous versions. Its about 1cm X 1cm, pretty flat with a release button on top. Nothing fancy or great to look at. Its under the shroud, so i guess it doesn't really matter what it looks like

7) Didn't get to try them on. i'm a size 10, so the sample was too small.

also, i saw the all black 18.5's. nothing special. Why pay attention to the 18.5's when you have XIX's in front of you?

"If you have sex without a condom, you might get something that will kill you...kids."

You can use the if they weren't Air Jordan argument with any Jordan.

It's tru with almost every shoe. If those Reeboks and Adidas were made by Payless EXACTLY the same, you wouldn;t want those either. With every shoe you pay for the name and are attracted initially because of the name. Like I don't even check for what new reeboks are coming out. I really don't care.

Quote:
these dumb designers has to realize that most people buy jordans to floss in them, NOT to play basket ball so all these stupid lace covers and ugly designs have to STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumb designers? Right.... the same ones that brought you probably most of your favorite J's?

AND WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT "FLOSSING"? Ok, Air Jordans are the peak of basketball shoe performance. They are the best and newest technologies combined into one shoe, released annually. You SHOULD wear them for basketball but if you want to wear them on the street thats fine. But Gentry (if you know who that is :rolleyes
eyes.gif
) is not going to make some all-patent strapped up crapbag for you to wear with your Vick jersey.

And your first sentence doesnt even make sense.

To finish my rant: :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

::::::TEAM . anti . DS:::::::​

:: (please visit!) -- RIP JMJ ::​

airpotatohead, review the ROC on partially edited swearing.

So AOL/AIM screen name TopOfNewYork20, was I mean that time like I was to your boy quietballa1? :rolleyes
eyes.gif

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

Quote:
I bet if they didnt have the word "Jordan" on them, or the Jumpman, 90% of you wouldnt waste your time on them....madison avenue marketing schemes...man, im telling yall, if those were Reeboks, or even Pumas, and MADE EXACTLY the same, then you wouldnt get em...
I'm pretty condident that, if I had unbranded samples in front of me, I could pick out the Air Jordan hidden among them. AJs have a certain aura of finesse about them, a special je-ne-sais-quoi. The finishing touches, the little details - I have never seen anything else on any other shoe that comes close. Of course, the Jumpman is the cream of it all, but an Air Jordan itself is a piece of art, crafted with expertise and love.

About other JB shoes...no, I couldn't easily differentiate those from other shoes.

Ced
Don't read this sentence.

I like them, I don't love them but i am not letdown. I agree, they do at first glance resemble trunners. Although these would be the first trunners i would actually be interested in (obviously speaking hypothtically if they were trunners). But I do like them, I just do not understand JB and lace covers. :\
ohwell.gif

1061438916_AirJordanXIX_lat.jpg

review_jordanxi_grey_profile.jpg

...Can someone please point out the similarities? (In detail!!!)

Formally Lilballafolife
Here since Aug. '01
Got beef? Aol S/N "CURVYCURVE87"

hey "POWDBYRICE " I JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION FOR YOU. DID THE SAMPLE YOU SEE LOOK JUST LIKE THE PICTURE AT THE BEGINING OF THIS POST, OR DID IT LOOK LIKE THE ONE THAT MJ HAD ON SITTING DOWN AT THAT JORDAN CAMP? THE REASON WHY I ASK IS BECAUSE THE PIC MOST RECENTLY POSTED LOOKS LIKE A KIDS VERSION. i JUST HOPE THAT EXACT(IN THE BEGGINING OF THIS POST) PIC IS NOT THE XIX. THANKS FOR RESPONDING PLEASE RESPOND IF POSSIBLE!

Russ, all great points! They did at least put that groove along the large expanse of foam. They didn't even do that on the Nu Retro II's. :\
ohwell.gif

Ceddie, preach it!!!

airpotatohead :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
seriously.... :x
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

F/S: Horse1,11.5 | Graphite Hyperflight,10.5 | Blk/Wht/Red VC Low,10.5 |
Blk/Slate Unlimited, worn a couple but great, 11 | Email for details.

I was looking at the pix in the "current pix of the xix" post and in all honesty, the first pic and the last pic look the same to me. maybe i'm missing something.

Here is my observation, the spacing of the heel strap relative to the foam above the sole was closer to the first pic. I'm sure that as shoe sizes get larger, the spacing will increase.

If you were refering to something else, let me know and I'll try to elaborate more.

"If you have sex without a condom, you might get something that will kill you...kids."

THANKS FOR RESPONDING(POWDBYRICE) TO MY POST I APPRECIATE IT. I GUESS I AM WONDERING IF YOU WERE TOUCHING A SAMPLE SIZE 9. THERE IS A STICKY POST IN THE JORDAN BRAND FORM (ALL CURRENT PIX OF THE XIX) THE 7TH PIC THE LAST PIC! IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY IT APPEARS THAT THE STRAP IS DIFFERENT. THERE ARE ALSO SOME HOLES 2 I THINK ON THE SIDE. AND THAT THING ON THE SIDE(OUTTRIGGER) IS STICKING OUT WAY MORE THAN THE PIC AT THE BEGGING OF THIS POST . I AM JUST WONDERING IF THE ONE ON HIS FOOT IS THE ONE YOU SAW OR YOU SAW THE ONE AT THE BEGINING OF THIS POST(PAGE 1)(I HOPE THAT ONE IS THE BABY SIZE) . I JUST HOPE IT AIN'T THE ONE ON PAGE 1 OF THIS POST! PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO.

THANKS AGAIN SORRY IF I AM HARD TO UNDERSTAND. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME POWDBYRICE

img noborder]www.wam.umd.edu/~alexgray...3.jpg[/img]

[img noborder]www.wam.umd.edu/~alexgray...X.jpg[/img]

Quote:
I feel like each Air Jordan should stand on its own, and not even be influenced by previous incarnations. At least not to that great an extent.

BOO-URNS!!! You're pooping on the IVs with that statement, not to mention the XIs, which carried influence over from the Xs.

Quote:
...Can someone please point out the similarities? (In detail!!!)

Well, besides the patent leather and the soles looking close to the XIs, if you were to take the lace cover off the XIXs, I'm guessing the shape would be very similar to the XIs.

I was holding a size 9 sample. Again, depending on the size of the shoe, I believe that will determine the shape/position of the back half of the strap,

I'm not quite sure which holes you are refering to on the side, but like the first pic, there aren't any on the shoe.

The part that sticks out on MJ's shoe...I dont know why that is. Angle of the photo perhaps.

The only part of the MJ photo that I am wondering about is the vertical black line below the front leg of the jumpman (on the side).

i'm wondering about the strap - if its affixed by magnets - how adjustable will they really be?? i know that the gaiters on the XVI's didn't fit everyone - and even the lace covers on the XVII's were useless.

dunno how the magnets hold on the XVIII's cos i don't have a pair.

What does Jordan brand have against laces that they always want to hide them now? I am all for innovation but at the same time I like my sneakers to look like sneakers, not space boots. Can someone please explain what purpose the lace cover serves? Why is there a need for it?

Well I have to say that these shoes are exciting. As the 274th person to post, my opinion seems less and less relevant, but this shoe is such a welcome departure from the XVIIIs which I hated at first glance and have since learned to like the black/royals.
The only thing about the pic is that it didnt answer one glaring question I had about the shoe when I first saw the camp pics...The out-rigger. I wasnt really feeling those in the pic as they reminded me of the XVs (not to mention the weave on the lace cover- which I do like) which IMO were the all time worst jordan. I was hoping that this pic would show more of that out-rigger, but oh well.
These shoes are dope, patent toe is fresh, I dig the strap too so long as its secure. It does look so ridiculously like the XIs, its almost scary. I think that the black versions need to be completely black (obviously with accents of red) - no white midsole like the XIs. And I think the shoe would look better if the flex fit area on the shroud was the same color as the base color of the shoe. Nice Job to the designers though.
Military IV's - the Yin
Fire IV's - the Yang

...The quest for perfect harmony...

Back
Top Bottom