Ladies: If your boyfriend left for the military, is it over?

Someone I know boyfriend(and good friend) went into the Navy today, he's 23 but they have been together since high school, super close like texting every 3minutes close.(if they werent together)
she feels terrible right now, and I heard in boot camp you cant communicate with anyone for 2 months

in this situation if your not engaged/married, is it a reynolds wrap?

Your man is leaving you? sorry to hear
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Someone I know boyfriend(and good friend) went into the Navy today, he's 23 but they have been together since high school, super close like texting every 3 minutes close.(if they werent together)
she feels terrible right now, and I heard in boot camp you cant communicate with anyone for 2 months

in this situation if your not engaged/married, is it a reynolds wrap?
true test for the girl aint it? cause they aint no girls your friend can hook up for 2 months.

No it wouldn't be a wrap ... but why would he go if he know he's in LOVE with this certain person?

When you're in a relationship like that ... it is no longer about self, it's about yourself AND that person.

man these +@%# out her choosing, if she loyal she will be by his side

if she aint she will be getting her back blown out for 2 months while he's gone

i live in a military town and most of these girlfriends/wife ain't #*$$ especially when deployment comes around

^ I think that's a bit much even in a relationship you have to do what's Best for yourself.

Depends. Military is hard on all parties involved. For me it depends on how long we been together before he left. I heard about soldiers gettin it in with eachother while away. I would probably play it by ear not expecting it to go either way.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I hear the JO's run rampant in the Military[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm sure dude's GF will get sexually frustrated sooner or later[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It's over.[/color]
laugh.gif

I knew this girl in highschool she was dating some guy in the army. she was smoking hot too, but I ain't pursue it cause her man was in the military. Damnnow that I look at it, she was too
pimp.gif
t not try even though her situation.But I prob would have felt like a *%#! after.

If it only were so simple... Love is fickle enough, but to add into it the challenges of this military life, it takes a lot more work. Text messages andphone calls sometimes have to go unanswered. Though having a relationship would be nice, it's a reason why a lot of us are single...

To answer your question, the relationship is not over until they stop trying. If she wants to be wherever he might be after initial training, she will need tobring up the marriage thing. But, if she is willing to do the long distance thing, maybe they can wait a while... The only drawback to that is temptation isa beast, ESSSSSPPPECCCIIIAALLLLYY when you are sexually frustrated...

Just chiming in...

It's not a wrap, but that's a tough situation to be in. I figure I can handle it better than the avg person since I have done the long distance thingbefore.

I would look forward to seeing him in uniform though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

^ I think that's a bit much even in a relationship you have to do what's Best for yourself.

Depends. Military is hard on all parties involved. For me it depends on how long we been together before he left. I heard about soldiers gettin it in with each other while away. I would probably play it by ear not expecting it to go either way.

I'm not sure about getting it in with each other but a good friend of mine is married and in the military and every time he leaves on DTY he cheats on hiswife. I also know a female who man husband is in the navy and whenever he leaves for months at a time she has a side man.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I hear the JO's run rampant in the Military[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm sure dude's GF will get sexually frustrated sooner or later[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It's over.[/color]

From what ive seen, yea..more often than not.

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

How old are you? Im curious.

No it wouldn't be a wrap ... but why would he go if he know he's in LOVE with this certain person?

When you're in a relationship like that ... it is no longer about self, it's about yourself AND that person.

By bettering himself and securing a future for himself and his potential family, he's being selfish?
eyes.gif

I'm thinking about joining the air force, and although it would be hard for my relationship, OTS is temporary.

I look up to my parents when it comes to this, because my dad moved to America to join the military while my mother was still in Jamaica...and they made itthrough. Best decision my dad ever made, because his family was taken care of.

It's a wrap. GI's walk right off the plane into some %**%$, don't even have to have the slightest amount of game, just off of being in the Militaryalone. He might try to front and double dip, but chances are high that he isn't going to remain faithful.

dog when i was in bootcamp i wrote my girl all the time no big deal, and marine boot camp is alot longer and more stressful than navy boot camp trust me. plusim from pittsburgh but stationed in cali and I still keep in touch with people from back home, its really no big deal

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

By bettering himself and securing a future for himself and his potential family, he's being selfish?
eyes.gif

I'm thinking about joining the air force, and although it would be hard for my relationship, OTS is temporary.

I look up to my parents when it comes to this, because my dad moved to America to join the military while my mother was still in Jamaica...and they made it through. Best decision my dad ever made, because his family was taken care of.
My cousin found out his girl was pregnant & the first thing he wanted to do was go to the Force ...

I didn't agree with that at all. Just saying.

Also, all the time going to the Force doesn't just ... "better" a family. There's a lot of !$#% that comes with that other than money.

Damn thats ashame. I am a former military man and this is the worst feeling ever. You are defending your country and your chick can't keep her legs closedwhen you are away...SMH

Back
Top Bottom