[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
cwebb twitter : "No he's not a elite player- elite players get- Buckets-assist -rebounds 10 pts- 8 Rebs- no offensive boards- you are not a elite big man!"

chris, you late son... LATE!

Lots o text..

Maybe because I grade a lot of papers that I now hate walls of text

But Jeanie consistently shows why I'd take Jimmy 100 times out if a 100 to run the basketball side.

LTB

The 2007 Phoenix Suns were going to be the NDA Champs before David Stern and Robert Horry stepped in.

They were 13th in the NBA in defense. (middle of the pack)

That was with MDA running basically a 6 man rotation, with maybe 2-3 guys getting spot minutes here or there.

Those same Suns SOLD, read again, SOLD draft pick after draft pick. They gave away Rondo, Deng, Nate Rob, Gortat, and Rudy Fernandez. That's not even mentioning them letting Joe Johnson walk away in his prime 2 years prior.

If not for those suspensions, MDA knocks off Phil Jackson, AND Popovich in the same playoff run.

And again, because you don't seem to grasp this, the ENTIRE NBA runs a variant MDA offense in today's NBA.

You harp and harp and harp on every detail he doesn't do. Wes doesn't shoot well (your words) Yet, Wes has been our best defender. :nerd: That's not "useful" as I put it? NOW you don't have any need for a defensive player? :lol:

The Suns SOLD his talent away, and he still almost got his title. What if, just, what, if.....we don't sell his talent, but actually give him some? What if we did get him some pieces, didn't sell our players off, and build a core for him to coach? Think maybe, just maybe, he might be able to run his system, with a group of players that have the skills and abilities needed, and then, maybe he would be able to coach something meaningful?

Did he "forget" how to coach from 07 to now? Did he "forget" how to coach, when the Suns gave away all their really good draft picks, and then panic traded for Shaq and completely altered his roster mid season? Was that his fault?

Make no mistake man, if I see mistakes, I will call them out. See Mike Brown. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt in terms of making my thoughts known on a fake coach.
I don't do that with MDA. And all those reasons I gave you up above are why. He was never, ever, given a full deck to deal with. They SOLD Rajon Rondo, and Luol Deng right from under him. Look what he COULD have had.

Nash/Rondo
Bell/Barbosa/Rudy
Marion/Deng
Amare/Diaw
Gortat/Thomas

That COULD have been his lineup. He won 61 games that year, with HALF those guys!!!!!!!

Mike Brown won games with the brilliance that is LeBron. MDA created his system, gave the keys to Nash who suddenly became an MVP player in his system (tho bs) and won without the help of his front office who screwed him over, time and time again.

What if, we don't screw him over, draft well, keep free agents (like Joe Johnson back then) and bring him talent to coach?

Even with the 13th best defense in the NBA. :lol:

I think the suns were a better defensive team back in 06 than this years laker team

The Lakers should let Mitch handle all basketball operations and hire some professional to do the business side. Jim and Jeanie should just go do whatever unemployed millionaires do.

Playing Jeremy & Co. tonight

Kobe-Bryant-Stares-Down-Jeremy-Lin.gif

The Lakers should let Mitch handle all basketball operations and hire some professional to do the business side. Jim and Jeanie should just go do whatever unemployed millionaires do.
Great idea actually. Or just kick Jim out cuz Jeanie would do what her dad did. Employ smart guys, and just give her input at the end of the day.

Jim just does his own thing like a moron.

Magic Johnson has said repeatedly that Jim is trying to do it his own way to prove people wrong about him.

Obviously I don't know that cuz I'm not there, but putting together the pieces in what I read and hear, I can come to that conclusion.

magic johnson :lol:

what makes you think jeanie can do a better job?
what could have been done this year?
we signed a bunch of young guys on 1 year contracts setting the team up for free agency next year. young guys who apparently has some of us (including me :lol: ) believing that we can even sneak into one of the bottom seeds

Last edited:
lets not blame the coach or front office this year, we are not going anywhere this year.

now if we are like this in 2-3 years THEN we can riot in down town LA and drive around dantoni's house honking our horns

game gon be easy. remember what we did to them last game of the season? this squad we have is better.

was watching the houston game the other night. dwight is hella fools gold. dude hasnt learned a thing. 3 fouls in 16 minutes includng 2 8 seconds a part. dude is a doofus. i bet he doesnt play to his 'potential' tonight. harden will do fine, but x might slow him down though. i say this is a close game that we may even win.

All i was saying is that it'd be better to let Mitch handle all of basketball operations in my opinion.

Mitch would have chose Phil, mitch probably wouldn't have hired Mike brown.

Yeah Jim and mitch went out and got chris paul, but that got shafted by stern.

and of course no one is fixing this team this year.

But if you really think any superstar player is gonna wanna come play for pringles, its not gonna happen.

Melo hated him, Lebron didnt want to play for him in new york.

I mean players wanna win rings, pringles isn't gonna be a good selling point.

Having Mitch is nice, but what we really need is a big name in the front office like Riles in Miami.

Jim doesn't wanna let Phil in, or even Magic Johnson.

Whats going to be more effective, Lebron meeting with Mitch and Jim buss?

Or Lebron meetin with Mitch, Phil and Magic?

And I'm just using Lebron as an example, you can insert any super star player. The Lakers allure isn't their it seems. One way to get it back would be to allow Phil and Magic in.

Don't know why Magic got a
laugh.gif
, everything dude touches has been gold. Movie theaters, starbucks, gyms, the dodgers, jesus christ you would think hey, this guy knows what hes doing

Melo hated him, Lebron didnt want to play for him in new york.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, LeBron did not want to play for Mike D'Antoni. He wanted to play for ERIC SPOLESTRA, and RUN MIKE'S SYSTEM. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Knicks were ONE pick away from landing Steph Curry which would have been a TREMENDOUS help getting LeBron. A dominant shooting PG that could spot up off Bron pick and rolls. Who brought that system to the NBA forefront? Oh, yeah.

And who hates Pringles? Melo? The one guy that doesn't really thrive off pick and roll because he's an iso dominant ball stopper? Word? He didn't like Pringles offense? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You right tho, why go play for Mike D'Antoni when you can work for Eric freaking Spolestra. But run Mike's offense. :lol: :lol:

LeBron + Steph + Amare or Bosh in New York would have been ********. Pure, unfair, I hate everybody ********. Bron would be the preeminent D'Antoni weapon in the world. Stretch 4, ball handler, defender, creator, rebounder, all the things that Amare was not in Phoenix. Amare/Bosh could have played the 5 in NY for Mike. They would have been stupid ridiculous. When the Warriors nabbed Steph, that hurt the Knicks big time.

And that's only IF you are not in the belief that Bron, Wade, and Bosh knew all along they could come play in South Beach together. Steph might have been the only thing to at least make Bron think about it a lil bit more.

Bron did not choose Miami over New York based on the God damn coach, good God. Oh by the way, LeBron actually worked with D'Antoni, in the Olympics. Same as Kobe. Oh hey, Kobe loves Mike, and always has. Weird.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom