[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
game gon be easy. remember what we did to them last game of the season? this squad we have is better.

was watching the houston game the other night. dwight is hella fools gold. dude hasnt learned a thing. 3 fouls in 16 minutes includng 2 8 seconds a part. dude is a doofus. i bet he doesnt play to his 'potential' tonight. harden will do fine, but x might slow him down though. i say this is a close game that we may even win.

you are being sarcastic right?

just making sure...

we are going to get our *** holes ripped tonight...

wont even be close dude

Magic reportedly admitted to having sex with 300 to 500 women per year before his HIV diagnosis in 1991. In Jerry West autobiography "My Charmed Tormented Life" the former laker claims the Lake Show locker room in the 80s was every bit as debaucherous as anyone could imagine. He said Magic would take women back to the Sauna and have sex with them regularly right after games before he did interviews with the press :x...22 yrs ago on this day he announced he was positive for HIV.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, LeBron did not want to play for Mike D'Antoni. He wanted to play for ERIC SPOLESTRA, and RUN MIKE'S SYSTEM.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Knicks were ONE pick away from landing Steph Curry which would have been a TREMENDOUS help getting LeBron. A dominant shooting PG that could spot up off Bron pick and rolls. Who brought that system to the NBA forefront? Oh, yeah.

And who hates Pringles? Melo? The one guy that doesn't really thrive off pick and roll because he's an iso dominant ball stopper? Word? He didn't like Pringles offense?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You right tho, why go play for Mike D'Antoni when you can work for Eric freaking Spolestra. But run Mike's offense.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LeBron + Steph + Amare or Bosh in New York would have been ********. Pure, unfair, I hate everybody ********. Bron would be the preeminent D'Antoni weapon in the world. Stretch 4, ball handler, defender, creator, rebounder, all the things that Amare was not in Phoenix. Amare/Bosh could have played the 5 in NY for Mike. They would have been stupid ridiculous. When the Warriors nabbed Steph, that hurt the Knicks big time.

And that's only IF you are not in the belief that Bron, Wade, and Bosh knew all along they could come play in South Beach together. Steph might have been the only thing to at least make Bron think about it a lil bit more.

Bron did not choose Miami over New York based on the God damn coach, good God. Oh by the way, LeBron actually worked with D'Antoni, in the Olympics. Same as Kobe. Oh hey, Kobe loves Mike, and always has. Weird.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Kobe doesn't love mike though.

Yeah, steph curry would have made the difference in Lebron going to New York.. HELL NO. You're crazy if you think that. Lebron wanted Rings, and Riles sold him to rings.

Erik spoelstra isn't the point, the whole point of my post is that Lakers need a big name in the front office to attract a big name free agent.

It doesn't have to be lebron, I said insert any player.

The allure of the lakers isn't their anymore. Go and get someone who's won multiple rings to sell the brand to these kids who don't care about the brand, they care about winning rings. Not Jim F'n buss.

you picked one sentence of my post and ran with it. read the whole goddamn thing.

and Good god you're a douchebag.

I bolded it so you would actually read the point of my post.

Jesus Christ, CP, I wish we would hire George freaking Karl just so 2 years from now I can hear you sing his praises.

I distinctly remember you getting into w/ zodogg about Pringle's fraudulent status... and now here we are, 7 years later, and you're a paid defending attorney of Mike D.

I can hear it now: "I mean, he had an undisciplined Shawn Kemp, and a bunch of shooters. Then he had a defenseless newb in Melo, then the headache that was Iverson. Dude is legit; y'all just don't know."

laugh.gif

Mike D... is BUNS, bro.

"Oh, he was gonna win in 2006. Was gonna beat Phil and Pop." Yeeeeaaaahhh... but then he didn't.

And if I'm a huge FA in 2010 and I'm given the choice between Mike D or Spoelstra, I would choose Spo... when you word it like that.

But in 2010, given the choice between (watch what I do here) Mike D and his zero significant accomplishments and zero noteworthy accomplices, or Spo w/ a recent championship and PAT RILEY peaking over his shoulder, I go w/ Spo, 132 times out of 100 times I'm asked.

300-500 per yr for at least 12 yrs. So 3600-6000 randoms(approximately).

Cookie is one tough cookie. Literally and figuratively.

About tonight...as yall know, im anti-tank....pro GROP(get rid of pringles).....but I dont like our chances tonight. The lineup of 2 steves, pau, kaman and X doesnt inspire much confidence.

Farmar/last yrs kob/X,swaggy or wes/hill/pau would.

Dont see us even covering 13...vegas gives us zero respect.

Jesus Christ, CP, I wish we would hire George freaking Karl just so 2 years from now I can hear you sing his praises.

I distinctly remember you getting into w/ zodogg about Pringle's fraudulent status... and now here we are, 7 years later, and you're a paid defending attorney of Mike D.

I can hear it now: "I mean, he had an undisciplined Shawn Kemp, and a bunch of shooters. Then he had a defenseless newb in Melo, then the headache that was Iverson. Dude is legit; y'all just don't know."

:lol:

Mike D... is BUNS, bro.

"Oh, he was gonna win in 2006. Was gonna beat Phil and Pop." Yeeeeaaaahhh... but then he didn't.

And if I'm a huge FA in 2010 and I'm given the choice between Mike D or Spoelstra, I would choose Spo... when you word it like that.

But in 2010, given the choice between (watch what I do here) Mike D and his zero significant accomplishments and zero noteworthy accomplices, or Spo w/ a recent championship and PAT RILEY peaking over his shoulder, I go w/ Spo, 132 times out of 100 times I'm asked.

Naw man, it has nothing to do with us.

Look around the NBA Ska. Greg Popovich. GREG, POP, the absolute stingiest dude there is, no smiles, no nothing, military everything, defense defense defense defense..........runs Mike's offense now.

Ska, don't listen to me. Listen to Pop. Listen to the Heat. They run Mike's system. (varied, of course, much like the West Coast offense in the NFL perfected by Bill Walsh, and then 15 other teams ran altered versions of it over the years, same thing here)

I said this BEFORE Mike was hired here guys. Ska, you asked me yourself the day he was hired. I told you this same thing. Look at the NBA, they all run his style of play out there on offense.

laugh.gif

not saying 'big names' are not appreciated in the front office, but i believe the laker brand itself isnt too bad of a main attraction
Agreed, but we're laker fans.

I don't think the modern day superstar gives a damn about the laker brand. they care about their own brand, and getting rings.

Last edited:

:lol:

Mike D... is BUNS, bro.

Wait, what? What ring did Spo have in 2010? Huh? Spo never won no ring in 2010 or prior, what are you speakin of? The 06 title, with Pat Riley as coach? :lol: :lol:

being a laker and building their own brand goes hand in hand imo. well, unless you are dwight howard

and rings? well... :nerd:

Preach Ska, preach.

MDA was the clown of the league for numerous years.

But now apparently there's nothing wrong with him and he deserves the Lakers job... Because? Well... There is no real reason, just "because"... Because he was close to winning in 2006?... George Karl has been close to winning as well, closer than MDA actually... And that's a fact :lol:

:rofl: @ Paid Defense Attorney for D'Antoni.

Preach!!!

Last edited:
When are one of you dudes going to acknowledge that half the damn league runs his system?

Wait, skip that. When are you going to acknowledge that Pop, the almighty Pop, runs Mike's system?

You guys keep laughing and giggling about Mike, but yet the league steals from him, so, the league itself is stupid too?

This isn't about almost did, or almost didn't do, it's what the rest of the league HAS done. Get that thru your thick *** skulls.

I mean...before MDA/PHX, how many teams were going small, playing pure run n gun, with a lot of PnR?

You sure you follow the Lakers?

Kobe Bryant, doesn't love Mike D'Antoni? That's a real statement, or you playin?
laugh.gif
Kobe didn't run his system last year.

gave no damns and checked himself in when he wanted.

didn't tell him, but told gary vitti he was going to germany just a few weeks ago.

Did you see kobes face during the first interview when dantoni got hired?

He can say all he wants, but kobe knows hes not winning @#@ under pringles.

again you chose one sentence of my post..

not even gonna try to talk to your thick skulled self anymore. your whole philosophy is you're right, and if anyone else has a different opinion, you throw around lol's like its your birthday and just act like a douchebag.

Missed the whole point of 2 of my posts. which were the same exact points.

I mean...before MDA/PHX, how many teams were going small, playing pure run n gun, with a lot of PnR?

4 and even sometimes 5 (!!!) shooters on the floor with the PG creating off P&R after P&R probing the defense and getting open shot after open shot after open shot. :lol:

The Heat even tinkered with Bron at Center for a minute here or there to go complete crazy shooter/small ball attack. :lol: (not against the Pacers and Hibbert tho) :lol:

Now you have the Spurs out there running the EXACT same offense with Parker and all those shooters. No more down in the post, Duncan-David Robinson stuff like how he won 4 titles. But no, that doesn't say anything now does it? Nawwwwwwwwww Pop was just bored, wanted to play around and be a fun coach or somethin. Yeah, that's it.

During the 28-12 "run"....it was kobe going to that right low block and facilitating/scoring..or kobe at the top with a high pick....or horns....thats it.

Wait, what? What ring did Spo have in 2010? Huh? Spo never won no ring in 2010 or prior, what are you speakin of? The 06 title, with Pat Riley as coach?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
As I'm sure grandtheft would love to point out, my memory fails me in my old age. It ain't easy up here in the triple digits. 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

So anyways, minor tweak:

But in 2010, given the choice between (watch what I do here) Mike D and his zero significant accomplishments and zero noteworthy accomplices, or Spo w/ a recent championship [as an assistant coach] and PAT RILEY [who coached a recent championship and is now in the FO] peaking over his shoulder, I go w/ Spo, 112 times out of 100 times I'm asked.

You sure you follow the Lakers?

Kobe Bryant, doesn't love Mike D'Antoni? That's a real statement, or you playin? :lol:

Kobe didn't run his system last year.
gave no damns and checked himself in when he wanted.
didn't tell him, but told gary vitti he was going to germany just a few weeks ago.

Did you see kobes face during the first interview when dantoni got hired?

He can say all he wants, but kobe knows hes not winning @#@ under pringles.

again you chose one sentence of my post..

not even gonna try to talk to your thick skulled self anymore. your whole philosophy is you're right, and if anyone else has a different opinion, you throw around lol's like its your birthday and just act like a douchebag.

Missed the whole point of 2 of my posts. which were the same exact points.

That's because I don't really give a damn what you're sayin. You're just typin. Pick and choose whatever facial expressions you want, all that, Kobe and Mike have been close since he was a damn kid. Would Kobe prefer Phil Jackson? OF COURSE HE WOULD, who wouldn't? But that doesn't mean that Kobe doesn't still like Mike just fine, which he has said, numerous times. Just like when Kobe had 8 on his jersey, what number Mike wear? 8, from Italy, where Kobe grew up. Ohhh, so random.

Mike, again, MIKE didn't even run Mike's offense last year, he was trying to appease everyone. Dwight, Kobe, Pau, everyone. He ran Triangle, Pick and roll, horns, everything. Any play he could get them to run cohesively so they could win games. He threw out his whole system to get W's. He didn't have the parts he needed. We had no shooters (well, not enough after Nash/Meeks) and no spacers. This team, has more what he needs. But he still needs more. Hopefully they will get them in time. Via draft, or FA. Either way, he needs his pieces to run the system, just like Phil had his pieces to run his Triangle. Same thing. Phil would get old *** Ron Harper to be a PG, just because he wanted tall PG's. Nothing more. It was part of his belief in his system. Mike has those same beliefs, just needs to get those type players.

By this dantoni is a good coach because other teams use his system logic I have concluded that james naismith is the greatest coach of all time since EVERYBODY in both college and pro basketball play the game he came up with

Back
Top Bottom