[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
well maybe we're tanking and they just havent told us. like...how do we get blown out by the worst team in the L? How does BK have a career night against us. he's the worst guard in all 50 states and canada and the U.S. territories. I just don't understand this. They have to be tanking yes? They can't really be this bad can they? I mean they're the Lakers right? We are still going by that name correct? We have to be tanking right? Eff it, we're tanking. I don't want to tank though :frown:

Again,

No Kobe
No Nash
No Blake
No Wes
No Kaman
No X

And then Farmar re-injured himself.

How did we lose with 6 missing players? I mean, take 6 off any roster, how many games they gonna win guys? :lol:

When the team was fully healthy (minus Nash and Kobe) they were doin well enough. Not good, not great, but they were hovering. That's a sign of progress. Some development from the youth. Good coaching. Effort, hustle, heart, etc.

When you start taking some of those players away, what do you expect?

manup, (and tay), we good on celery, green peppers, and onions? 
nerd.gif

smokin.gif

I know what I'm making next week. Thanks, gents. 
i will eat/try out literally anything except mushrooms

i dont do mushrooms

trying out new foods is always fun 
happy.gif
Aw, man, steamed mushrooms on certain applications is the real deal, like a burger, or baked chicken.

People can keep their plain mushrooms, though. 
sick.gif

- rice

- smoked sausage

- jumbo shrimp

- celery

- onion

- green pepper

- seasoning

- hours of cook time

BOOM. 
smokin.gif

well maybe we're tanking and they just havent told us. like...how do we get blown out by the worst team in the L? How does BK have a career night against us. he's the worst guard in all 50 states and canada and the U.S. territories. I just don't understand this. They have to be tanking yes? They can't really be this bad can they? I mean they're the Lakers right? We are still going by that name correct? We have to be tanking right? Eff it, we're tanking. I don't want to tank though :frown:

Again,

No Kobe
No Nash
No Blake
No Wes
No Kaman
No X

How did we lose with 6 missing players? I mean, take 6 off any roster, how many games they gonna win guys? :lol:

When the team was fully healthy (minus Nash and Kobe) they were doin well enough. Not good, not great, but they were hovering. That's a sign of progress. Some development from the youth. Good coaching. Effort, hustle, heart, etc.

i didn't get a chance to see the game...what happened with Farmar bro?? no wes or kaman either? wth happened last night??!

well maybe we're tanking and they just havent told us. like...how do we get blown out by the worst team in the L? How does BK have a career night against us. he's the worst guard in all 50 states and canada and the U.S. territories. I just don't understand this. They have to be tanking yes? They can't really be this bad can they? I mean they're the Lakers right? We are still going by that name correct? We have to be tanking right? Eff it, we're tanking. I don't want to tank though
frown.gif
Again,

No Kobe
No Nash
No Blake
No Wes
No Kaman
No X

How did we lose with 6 missing players? I mean, take 6 off any roster, how many games they gonna win guys?
laugh.gif

We get that, trust.

Doesn't hurt any less.

Having an explanation simply takes the whining from "Ohhh, the PAIN!!! WHYYYYY!!" to simply "Ohhh, the PAIN!!!"

We know why.

Farmar re aggravated that groin injury. Hamstring, whatever.

Wes was sick.

Kaman, Iono, old, dead, dumb, hated by the coaches, not sure.

Hell, Jordan Hill only had 12 minutes I believe.

Jodie Meeks led the team with 42 minutes. He scored 4 points.

Hard to win games like that.

as bad as we have been this year, last night was the first time i have looked at the people at staples and wondered "why would anyone pay and watch this 
ohwell.gif
"

meeks played 42 minutes? geezus! 4 points? yeezus!

all these injuries, year after year, weird.

:lol:

How you only score 4 pts after being on the floor for over 40 minutes??? :lol:

This season is just funny to me. Not frustrated, not mad. I seen it coming. I didn't expect all the injuries but I knew it was gonna be a mess. The team is fun to watch at times though.

At 13-19, and really, we shouldn't have beat Houston In Houston. Nor should we have beat the Clips.

Could be 11-21

Then also remember, the comeback against the Kings. The win at Memphis when they were missing multiple guys. The hold on win vs Charlotte. (NOW we beat those guys :smh: ) A win against the Warriors without Iggy or Steph.

I mean, in theory, that's an easy 7-8-9 win team to this point, but they've played better than expected in those games.

In years past, where we were strong as hell top to bottom, Kobe, Pau, LO, Bynum, etc, we would win all our games, and give away a 3rd game in 4 nights, or second of a back to back on the road, etc. Win 55+

Those are games we won't win this year with lack of talent AND lack of health. 13-19, when really we shouldn't even be that good record wise.

We end up with the 9th pick and whiff on all the top talent that gets taken ahead of us, it might just haunt us for a while. We'll still get a decent player at 9, make no mistake, but the diff between 3 and 9 (not to mention the second round difference in players) could be pretty steep.

Lakers guard Jordan Farmar had an ultrasound test this morning after injuring his left hamstring in last night’s game versus the Milwaukee Bucks. 

Results show that Farmar has a tear in his left hamstring, which is expected to keep him out a minimum of four weeks. 

Although the hamstring tear is in the same leg, this tear is in a different location than the tear that Farmar suffered on December 1, which kept him out three-and-a-half weeks.

:lol:

How you only score 4 pts after being on the floor for over 40 minutes??? :lol:

This season is just funny to me. Not frustrated, not mad. I seen it coming. I didn't expect all the injuries but I knew it was gonna be a mess. The team is fun to watch at times though.

No one really creating.. Need good PG play for shooters to have shots. When we had PGs who were creating Meeks was shooting .496/.457... Since 12/1 without PGs .396/,356

Lakers guard Jordan Farmar had an ultrasound test this morning after injuring his left hamstring in last night’s game versus the Milwaukee Bucks. 

Results show that Farmar has a tear in his left hamstring, which is expected to keep him out a minimum of four weeks. 

Although the hamstring tear is in the same leg, this tear is in a different location than the tear that Farmar suffered on December 1, which kept him out three-and-a-half weeks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welp.

Bright side maybe we can keep Farmar next year for cheaper :lol:

[Lewis Black angry voice] He's injury prone NBA... HE'S INJURY PRONE! [/Lewis Black] :lol:

You don't even have to embrace the tank at all.. I don't at all.. We have no choice :lol:

X out at least 10 days. Could be weeks
Blake out 3 more weeks
Farmar out 4 weeks
Kobe out 4 more weeks.
Nash out possibly forever.

Last edited:
imagine the terminally ill kid who has been denied by the make a wish foundation.. one day he walks into hospital to see the entire lakers roster sharing the room with him 
laugh.gif

At 13-19, and really, we shouldn't have beat Houston In Houston. Nor should we have beat the Clips.

Could be 11-21

Then also remember, the comeback against the Kings. The win at Memphis when they were missing multiple guys. The hold on win vs Charlotte. (NOW we beat those guys :smh: ) A win against the Warriors without Iggy or Steph.

I mean, in theory, that's an easy 7-8-9 win team to this point, but they've played better than expected in those games.

In years past, where we were strong as hell top to bottom, Kobe, Pau, LO, Bynum, etc, we would win all our games, and give away a 3rd game in 4 nights, or second of a back to back on the road, etc. Win 55+

Those are games we won't win this year with lack of talent AND lack of health. 13-19, when really we shouldn't even be that good record wise.

We end up with the 9th pick and whiff on all the top talent that gets taken ahead of us, it might just haunt us for a while. We'll still get a decent player at 9, make no mistake, but the diff between 3 and 9 (not to mention the second round difference in players) could be pretty steep.

Only one option left

Tank it. *shrugs*

Bright side maybe we can keep Farmar next year for cheaper

I swear to you on everything, that was my very first thought. For X as well.

I want them to learn and grow as NBA players, but if they have a few things come up that keep their dollars down, well..... :lol:

I want the opposite for Nick Young. I want that guy to BALL OUT for the next month, so I can trade his *** for something of value going forward. He's already 28, be 29 next year, I don't have any use for him long term. If he gets me something I can use for the next 5-6 years, I will love Nick Young's tenure here much, much more.

If Mitch can swindle somebody with Derek Fisher's old ***, imagine what he could fetch with Nick Young playing at his best. :lol: :smokin

Way too many players in college to be looking at a 9th pick right now and saying it's not good enough...

Wait until feb, March to see who the real studs are and even then a guy can slip under radar. MCW 11th pick last, Andre Drummond 9th the year b4.

C CP1708 I don't think it is wise to trade Nick... He's such a wild card player.. He can go off for 20+ a night off the bench... He's also doesn't rely on athleticism for it, so in the next 4-5 years there isn't likely to be a huge drop off.

As you know I'm a cerebral team builder. It's why I want Nick & Jordan Hill back.

You want titles, those are the types of guys you need on the bench.. Nick is motivated, loves to play here, and would for less money. Not to mention he is a great team chemistry guy.

Similar to 2011 Mavs team building.

I honestly have hope that we can build a contender and put ourselves close to winning a title next year just with how things are going.

Last edited:
C CP1708 I don't think it is wise to trade Nick... He's such a wild card player.. He can go off for 20+ a night off the bench... He's also doesn't rely on athleticism for it, so in the next 4-5 years there isn't likely to be a huge drop off.

As you know I'm a cerebral team builder. It's why I want Nick & Jordan Hill back.

You want titles, those are the types of guys you need on the bench.. Nick is motivated, loves to play here, and would for less money. Not to mention he is a great team chemistry guy.

Similar to 2011 Mavs team building.

I honestly have hope that we can build a contender and put ourselves close to winning a title next year just with how things are going.

If Mitch can't get anything for him, I have no prob with him staying a year or two, but I don't believe he'll ever help a title contending team.

Playoff team, yes, but I don't view him as a title team guy.

Hill, I agree with.

Speaking of contenders... That Pistons front line is absurdly talented. Big, athletic, and so good defensively with the right coach they could put an end to small ball in the NBA

Back
Top Bottom