[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
You guys were making predictions based on health, with Nash, Kobe, Pau, Blake and Kaman all on the roster?

All guys up there in age, that were hurt last year and predicted better health goin forward? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean...... :lol:
i wouldnt say 'better health going forward' but i would not have thought everyone would be hurt at the same time.

yeah, older players are a lot more prone but the younger players? nah

Even Hill as one of the younger players is a guy that's been hurt before.

Hell, X was hurt multiple times in NO and Memphis, hence why he was cut loose. Now he's hurt again.

Coincidences? :lol:

This will go on all year. Guys that have been healthy to this point, will wear down soon from playing 40+ minutes all the time. Meeks, Young, etc. Could start to see some tweaks from them pretty soon.

kobe coming back and playing 70% of what he did last year

pau taking advantage of no bynum no dwight and doing work in the post on a contract year

steve blake not getting hurt

the rest of the team not getting hurt

steve nash being a good assistant coach

was what i thought was going to happen 
ohwell.gif
The second thing, if you would have told me all that before the beginning of the season, I would say "I can see how you would think that... except that 2nd one. You've lost your mind."

There's no good reason for anyone to believe anything like that.

Even Hill as one of the younger players is a guy that's been hurt before.

Hell, X was hurt multiple times in NO and Memphis, hence why he was cut loose. Now he's hurt again.

Coincidences? :lol:

This will go on all year. Guys that have been healthy to this point, will wear down soon from playing 40+ minutes all the time. Meeks, Young, etc. Could start to see some tweaks from them pretty soon.
but i mean..how often do you see a team playing with half of their main contributors out at the same time? one player is out? thats fine. two? sure. three players? okay. four? five? six?

i also thought with pau moving back to the 5 would benefit him :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
41-41 if only mike gets fired
28-54 if he's still our coach

You don't watch much basketball..

There is no coach (Active) that is available that could remotely produce what Mike has done with this roster and the setbacks.

Last edited:
Alright since Kyrie is only missing a few games.. Trade Pau... For Bynum & Alonzo Gee (the worst player this year of their 1 year contracts)... Do everything you can to get a couple of picks. Even if they are all 2nds.. Then package them up on draft night for a late first.

Last edited:
Alright since Kyrie is only missing a few games.. Trade Pau... For Bynum & Alonzo Gee (the worst player this year of their 1 year contracts)... Do everything you can to get a couple of picks. Even if they are all 2nds.. Then package them up on draft night for a late first.

My man :pimp:

Projection(45 Ws)was based on health/peak performances from wild cards like pau....

I knew something wasnt right sith farmar...hes looked tentative and his shot was off....good thing MDA gave kendall all that burn when we were down to zero PGs and couldve split mins when he came back....

whatevs...I dont put the onus on MDA. Hes workin with what hes got.

As for kyrie, day to day. Sweet. Make the deal.

It would really pleasure my jimmies if Mitch could somehow get a 14 first round pick and Earl back from the Cavs, Kobe, Blake, Nash, Farmar, Henry, Wes, kaman, and hill come back strong, this team claws it's way into the playoffs like last season, gets much needed experience in the post season and maybe a 1st round upset, draft Jabari Parker with the cavs pick (same way they drafted kyrie with the clippers pick (which the lac never would've traded if cp3 was a Laker(butterfly effect(poetic justice)))), address weaknesses in free agency, next season The lakers get 17, Kobe gets 6, add Love in the offseason with another key free agent, LA passes Boston, Kobe passes Jordan and retires while passing the torch to jabari, swaggy p, Kevin love and eventually Kevin Durant for the next dynasty to continue

I have a theory that basketball reasons created a huge inter dimensional shift in the universe and the above scenario is the only way to balance it out

Looking less likely for a Pau for Bynum swap.

leemelone there's no feasible way they make the playoffs.. 2 weeks ago it was very possible. Everyone is out for a month. We'll probably be like 17-30. To make the Playoffs you'll need to go 28-7. There isn't any reason to think they could even full strength. Would have to play better than the best team in the league for almost half a season.

Last edited:
C CP1708 I don't think it is wise to trade Nick... He's such a wild card player.. He can go off for 20+ a night off the bench... He's also doesn't rely on athleticism for it, so in the next 4-5 years there isn't likely to be a huge drop off.

As you know I'm a cerebral team builder. It's why I want Nick & Jordan Hill back.

You want titles, those are the types of guys you need on the bench.. Nick is motivated, loves to play here, and would for less money. Not to mention he is a great team chemistry guy.

Similar to 2011 Mavs team building.

I honestly have hope that we can build a contender and put ourselves close to winning a title next year just with how things are going.

If Mitch can't get anything for him, I have no prob with him staying a year or two, but I don't believe he'll ever help a title contending team.

Playoff team, yes, but I don't view him as a title team guy.

Hill, I agree with.

come on man, can we keep nick young, please? for me? i need some form of entertainment when watching the squad these days. and potentially next year.

def shouldn't of given kobe that 48....damn...his # is 24...and we have him for 2 more years...4/2=2...8/4=2....kobe has 2 kids...2+4=6..whats 48/6?...#8....also..#6..lebron....24-6=18....18 yrs in the league...18 yrs+5 rings...#23...michael ****** jordan.

illuminati tho.

Looking less likely for a Pau for Bynum swap.

Why?

Lakers for whatever reason won't trade Pau for nothing. So they want pickS

Cavs were always iffy on adding salary, would be easier to cut Bynum or keep him.

Remember it's the Cavs. Dan Gilbert. He doesn't want to win. He'll continue on his merry way ************ with a bunch of draft picks and not picking wisely. Not building a team. They've had 2 #1 picks, 2 #4 picks, traded for #17 pick in the last 3 drafts and are 9-20.

Everything I see is saying it's a reach for Pau to Cleveland.. Not impossible, but a reach. Things could always change, but it's very unlikely.

@SamAmicoFSO 9m
#Lakers downplaying talks, calling it a reach. But still could happen, source says. RT @theschafdaddy: updates on Gasol/Bynum?

‏@daldridgetnt 1m
Hearing the Gasol-Bynum proposed deal not likely to happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom