[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I wish i meet pau in real life. I wanna take a picture with him where im sittimg om his shoulders. Should be epic

They truly don't care about the repeater tax. Cavs won't budge they walk away. If they stay there, they stay there. They keep Pau, whatever. They're not desperate to get out of repeater.

I didn't mean to say they were desperate to get out of it, I was just responding to the post that said keeping Pau vs. trading him for Bynum doesn't affect the long term taxes. It would have, at least potentially.

I never thought the Lakers were desperate to get out of this repeater tax at this very moment, but I thought it could've been a big factor in these trade discussions. That tax is pretty harsh, even for the Lakers.

It's a moot point on this Bynum swap now, but it could still affect some decisions over the next year and a half. Mitch won't blink an eye if it means getting championship pieces... but if the Lakers are stuck in a year like this, he might be more cautious with the spending than he was under the old CBA.

Last edited:
Anyway even though it's looking like Pau will remain a Laker for now, I thought it would be a good time to post this. This is one of the forewords from his photography book.

View media item 729761
I know how he isn't on good terms with some of you guys :lol: but you should still consider getting that book, especially since the money goes to his foundation.

Last edited:
Swag and 1.
ny1.gif

Last edited:
Anyway even though it's looking like Pau will remain a Laker for now, I thought it would be a good time to post this. This is one of the forewords from his photography book.

View media item 729761
I know how he isn't on good terms with some of you guys :lol: but you should still consider getting that book, especially since the money goes to his foundation.

That was beautiful.

Imagine if the Lakers were able to trade Shaq ( :frown: ) for Gasol early on in Gasol's career after the threepeat. I would give up our 2004 Finals trip to make that happen.

We trade Shaq for Pau after the 3-peat, we're talking about Pau's number being retired today.

Hard to say that 3 Finals appearances would be topped, but it's easy to fathom when you consider that getting Pau IMMEDIATELY put us in the Finals; IMMEDIATELY.

Last edited:
We trade Shaq for Pau after the 3-peat, we're talking about Pau's number being retired today.

Hard to say that 3 Finals appearances would be topped, but it's easy to fathom when you consider that getting Pau IMMEDIATELY put us in the Finals; IMMEDIATELY.

i rather we trade shaq for lebreezy

Some mid-Monday non-updates from around Twitter: trade talks ongoing, third team possible, but Pau is on the flight to Dallas.

Darius Soriano ‏@forumbluegold 1m

Pau's going to be in trouble when Bane's henchmen show up mid-flight.

i rather we trade shaq for lebreezy
Well we were trying to be reasonable in our make-believe, pointless hypothetical. 
laugh.gif

But if we're entertaining a washed up Shaq for a rookie Lebron, why not also trade Dfish for Kidd and Slava for Duncan? Kidd, Kobe, Melo, Bron, Duncan? 
smokin.gif

@SerenaWinters According to @ramonashelburne on @ESPNLA710 "There’s 3 or 4 things that get this [Pau] deal done & Cleveland knows all of them."
@SerenaWinters More @ramonashelburne (on Pau trade):"If they give them Dion Waiters...a 1st-round pick, Anderson Varejao, I think they like Zeller as well"
@SerenaWinters @RamonaShelburne (on @ESPNLA710) says there's a couple of other CLE players that get the deal done. "Right now CLE offer is Andrew Bynum...
@SerenaWinters ..and C.J. Miles or Alonzo Gee and go enjoy your $23 million in salary cap." - @ramonashelburne (on @ESPNLA710) on CLE-Pau talks
:rofl: at Mitch asking/expecting all that for Pau.

Last edited:
^ I took it as Bynum + just one of Waiters, 1st round, Verejao, OR Zeller.

Or is my reading comprehension off, I'm pretty beat today

Not sure how Verejao snuck on there :x

Last edited:
Ummm...

Dion Waiters + a 1st-round pick + Anderson Varejao + Zeller

... is a LOOOONGGGG ways away from...

Bynum + (C.J. Miles OR Alonzo Gee)

Deal ain't geting done, gents. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Senator is correct. I read that as Bynum + Waiters, Or Bynum + 1st, or Bynum + AV, etc etc.

Not Bynum and Waiters, and a 1st rounder, and Andy V, and Kyrie, Zeller, and a signed LeBron headband, and the Cleveland Indians, and Ohio St.

That's how I viewed those tweets as well. Bynum + 1 of those 4 options. Not all 4.

Senator is correct. I read that as Bynum + Waiters, Or Bynum + 1st, or Bynum + AV, etc etc.

Not Bynum and Waiters, and a 1st rounder, and Andy V, and Kyrie, Zeller, and a signed LeBron headband, and the Cleveland Indians, and Ohio St.

That's how I viewed those tweets as well. Bynum + 1 of those 4 options. Not all 4.
Had me like "Damn Mitch."

Doesn't hurt to ask, right? 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom