[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
word. well for one, it was the pacers. but when youre this bad, its not tanking. its just straight up being bad.

Maybe they're tanking too. Of course they're not going to make the game seem obvious. I think they're low key tanking.

ain't you the dude who asked what a yeast infection was? I have a strange feeling my son knows more about sex ed than you.

He's 6, and knows that he used to live in his mommy's belly.

its moreso the team doesn't have the talent then tanking imo.

they play hard and are in alot of games but fall apart in the 4th quarter usually.

so many guys on 1 year contracts who want to be in the league next year as well. coaches, coaching for their job or a shot at an eventual future job also.

let guys like kelly play and those who they would consider in their long term plans develop all while getting those ping pong balls looking more favorable with that cap space.

call me crazy though but at times i enjoy watching this team more then last years. this year the effort is there while the talent isn't. last year they were to busy catering to dwight and the egos and dyfunctional atmosphere was there while the effort didn't seem to be there outside of kobe last season.

I watch mostly to see how guys like Harris and Kelly are coming along, as well as my dawg Young. I wonder if Jordan/X coming back will lead to Ws again or if the team is just on the L train at this point regardless.

its moreso the team doesn't have the talent then tanking imo.

they play hard and are in alot of games but fall apart in the 4th quarter usually.

so many guys on 1 year contracts who want to be in the league next year as well. coaches, coaching for their job or a shot at an eventual future job also.

let guys like kelly play and those who they would consider in their long term plans develop all while getting those ping pong balls looking more favorable with that cap space.

Farmar, Blake, Marshall
Meeks
Young, Henry, Johnson
Hill, Kelly
Sacre

Is truly an amazing bench..

Top 5 in the league. But they're BENCH players. Not starters. Perfect players when put together because each has a couple of distinct strengths (nothing near a complete game), that all play off each other. But that's when they are not relied to against other team's starters all night.

We have no starters. That's what happens when you have a bunch of role players playing 38 minutes.

If we had this bench... And a good starting lineup, we'd be looking good.

But even when healthy. The starting lineup was meh. Not enough talent that takes you from middle of the pack to top 4 seed.

Last edited:
We're so close to guaranteeing Embiid/Wiggins/Exum/Smart/Parker/Randle, I can almost taste it. :pimp:

No way we catch the Magic or Bucks, but we better get that 3rd spot.

Right now Philly and Boston are tied for the 3rd spot, we're 1.5 games ahead of both.

Utah, Cleveland & Detroit should all easily finish with better records than the Lakers.
All we have to do is finish below Sacramento...

If we sign anybody semi big this summer, I hope it's Kyle Lowry.
He's been all-star level this year and unless we get Exum or Smart, we're gunna need a pg for the next 3/4 years.

If we Deng big money, I'd scrape my eyeballs out. Thibs was playing dude like 40 minutes a game for 3 years, he's gunna fall apart soon.
It's gunna be comedy when he gets a longterm contract this offseason.
He's a really good player, but I feel like Thibs ran him down.

Last edited:
If you get top 3, you go Parker, Wiggins, Embiid.
If you get 4-6. Smart or Exum.
7-11 Vonleh, Hood, LaVine, Harris

Stay away from Saric & Randle.

One could say if you get Embiid.. Hope Lebron opts out (he won't) but if he did pursue the hell out of him. Offer him everything. Hell let him coach for all I care. When that fails. You go Lowry & Deng. Lowry, Deng, Embiid is a monster defensive team. Would cover up Kobe & Love when he comes in 2015. Overpay an up & comer, so you have a trade piece for Minny mid-season or a sign & trade in the offseason. And build the bench this offseason. Once you get Love in 2015, you use the MMLE to add the final bench piece. 2015 title. As for the Deng concern, that's 100% valid, but he's a 3 year deal. Every single team has that same concern. They know it. That's why I truly think unless he stays in Cleveland or goes back to Chicago, he will have to leave a few mil on the table per.

Last edited:
Kobe taking off this month specifically is really ideal since we have so many games against the other tanks this February. 5 of the 12 February games are against other tankers(comparatively only 2 in March). 

I have these games marked on my February calendar: Cleveland, Philadelphia, Utah, Boston, and Sacramento. Really important that we lose these.

tcXQyTT.png

Colin Cowherd leads his show this morning with "Lakers need to tank, Lakers NEED to get that lottery pick and franchise player"

"Laker fans will understand, bottom out one year, and get that player"

:smh:

If Colin only knew. |I

Wanted to wait till the end of the season to ask this question, but with Kobe out another 3 weeks i'll ask it now.

They always say hindsight is 20/20, but would it have beneficial financially to amnesty Kobe instead of giving him that contract? Ala the suggestion of Mark Cuban and Bill Simmons. With an amnesty you can't come back to your team for a calendar year. And with the way the season is going Kobe may has well stayed away for a year and re-signed in July 2014. I know it would have been bad Public Relations wise, but how about financially? He has played six games, the team basically started tanking the day they hired D'Antoni, and the only thing he can do worthwhile this season is play when he is released to get a barometer of where he is athletically and be seen in his new shoes. That would give him an idea of what he needs to work on for this summer. Just wanted to get an idea of what others think.

Wanted to wait till the end of the season to ask this question, but with Kobe out another 3 weeks i'll ask it now.

They always say hindsight is 20/20, but would it have beneficial financially to amnesty Kobe instead of giving him that contract? Ala the suggestion of Mark Cuban and Bill Simmons. With an amnesty you can't come back to your team for a calendar year. And with the way the season is going Kobe may has well stayed away for a year and re-signed in July 2014. I know it would have been bad Public Relations wise, but how about financially? He has played six games, the team basically started tanking the day they hired D'Antoni, and the only thing he can do worthwhile this season is play when he is released to get a barometer of where he is athletically and be seen in his new shoes. That would give him an idea of what he needs to work on for this summer. Just wanted to get an idea of what others think.
ppl on the outside will always mention this but organizations will never do this to their own star players. yes financially it makes sense, but theres a legacy to maintain ( both kobes and the lakers), but they wouldnt do this to kobe. cuban wouldnt ever do it to Dirk, so you cant take hes opinion too serious. thats like the yankees releasing derek jeter

Still fuming over the comebacks against Boston and Toronto.

Give those 2 back, we are 14-32, in THIRD place only 2 ahead of Orlando for the #2 spot. :smh:

And we would have pinned an extra win on Boston.

God freaking damn it. I know those stupid games are going to haunt us. :smh:

god forbid what cp is gonna do once kobe and nash return and we go on a second half run like last year..
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I'm not so sure Pau would come back even if we offered him a deal. Dudes been on the trading block like 5 times and only really gets backed by Kobe.

I'm not so sure Pau would come back even if we offered him a deal. Dudes been on the trading block like 5 times and only really gets backed by Kobe.

Yeah. Pau is not going to accept a one-year deal with the Lakers, no matter how low or high, because it basically makes him a trade chip all over again. The only way he'll sign back is if he feels secure i.e. gets multiple years, and the Lakers shouldn't/wouldn't do that.

god forbid what cp is gonna do once kobe and nash return and we go on a second half run like last year..

:nerd:

You mean when they were only a couple of games out of the playoffs?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom