[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
[thread="570758"]question: [/thread]
[thread="570758"]are mid season pick ups eligible to be traded. talking about dudes who sign 10 day contracts but stick with a team. [/thread]
[thread="570758"]kendall got a 2 year deal, 2nd year is a team option ( i think) are there any restrictions on him being traded?  [/thread]
They have to be apart of the team for X amount of days to be eligible to be traded.

You can forget Steve Nash even exists for a second. Blake and Farmar are still both on their way back. What do you expect happens to Kendall?

I play Farmar as the starter, and Marshall as the backup.

I try like hell to trade Blake, since that likely won't happen, I just bench him. He's not part of the future, he's not coming back next year, develop the younger guys as much as humanly possible to see if you find a nice rotational piece going forward.

Zero point in playing Steve Blake post deadline. If they try to play him before that and get some sort of trade value up for him (unlikely) I at least understand that. But if he's on the roster March 1, he should play 0 minutes a game. Kaman him.

If management can't find a taker for Blake by the trade deadline, they can release him before March 1 so he can hoop for a playoff caliber team like the Warriors (they need a backup PG badly).

Last edited:
I hope Mitch does that for him if we can't get anything for him then.

I'll be furious if they keep him post deadline.

Or give him 48 million.

[thread="570758"]question: [/thread]
[thread="570758"]are mid season pick ups eligible to be traded. talking about dudes who sign 10 day contracts but stick with a team. [/thread]
[thread="570758"]kendall got a 2 year deal, 2nd year is a team option ( i think) are there any restrictions on him being traded?  [/thread]
They have to be apart of the team for X amount of days to be eligible to be traded.

2 months from date acquired.

That's what I think should happen with the PGs, but D'Antoni likes Blake, and he's been good whenever he's played this year.

With a gun to my head, being forced to spend money on a free agent not named LeBron this summer, I'd go after Bosh before Melo, Deng, Monroe, Lowry, etc.

dude i dont care about anyone else we gotta get KD. no matter what it takes man. give him jeanies butt. give him the city. give him the state. we gotta sign this dude

lakers=cowboys

nerd.gif

Kobe should play a few games to close the year and work like a mad man offseason.

I know he sees what KD doing right now and feels hungry to get that feeling back.

1 more run Kobe 1 more....

Kobe needs to play some games at 60% effort

If he comes back at 100% I'm just afraid his body will just keep breaking down. Even if he waits an extra long time (like till next year).

But ease your way into it, maybe he avoids that.

And this season is perfect for him to do that.

If management can't find a taker for Blake by the trade deadline, they can release him before March 1 so he can hoop for a playoff caliber team like the Warriors (they need a backup PG badly).
iswydt

I have a strange feeling that Ryan Kelly is gonna mess around and be good. Like really good
He just needs to get some dog in him. Hone his skills.

so after a month of kendall, how do you guys feel about him?

i feel like he has the ability to run this system (whatever it may be) but i also feel his production is a product of the system. he is still not an nba starting caliber guard but i can see him as a solid contributor off the bench. with that jumpshot of his, he has hit 47% of his threes as a laker this season :wow:

i probably posted a lot of :x 's when we first signed him, so i'd like to take this opportunity to take back 1-2 :x s

he is ruining the future of the Lakers

kendall is solid.

not as turn over prone as blake gaud.

i think he a better defender, and is more assertive on O

but hes no sessions :smh:

Last edited:
I have a strange feeling that Ryan Kelly is gonna mess around and be good. Like really good
He just needs to get some dog in him. Hone his skills.

naw i truly believe he will be in and out the dleague or have a short forgettable career in the nba.

remember we are a truly bad team coached by antoni and what type of player is his favorite?

Back
Top Bottom