[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
4f3b556e390f1c5e2f2a29498454044d74b7d7765c75647313398605b78cf727.jpg

I'm trying to imagine a trade for Love. Do they have a contract they're trying to get rid of?

I'm guessing it'd have to be after we sign a max player (say Melo) so the cap would work out right? Or would a trade for Love and then another max FA work

nash looking like uncle drew neighbor at the home. damn.

still looks like he beat kendall non athletic *** off the dribble though lol

C CP1708 , I listened to the Herd podcast with Colin discussing the Lakers situation and how it compares to moving in with your parents and regrouping your life. That metaphor actually struck a cord with me.

I won't say that I've completely changed my tune and changed everything I believe in because of one pod cast, but I will say that his perspective on it was definitely an eye opening one. I enjoyed his explanation, to be honest I've enjoyed many of his views ever since I subscribed to his podcast last week.

Anyways. Long story short. I kinda feel where you're coming from a little better now. I understand your frustration with the unnecessary wins a little better, although I still don't agree at being upset with the young kids for trying to fight for any win they can get. Nice to see heart.

But I feel you.
Just thought I'd let you know.

Last edited:
I'm trying to imagine a trade for Love. Do they have a contract they're trying to get rid of?

I'm guessing it'd have to be after we sign a max player (say Melo) so the cap would work out right? Or would a trade for Love and then another max FA work
if the lakers could theyd move Pau for Love asap. Wolves wanted him a couple years back to team up with Ricky Rubio. 

Pek evolved into a good option for them and they extended him, so a trade for Pau wont happen. 

now if Love forced his hand, the wolves would take Pau just for the fact that he's an expiring deal

No... if Love forced their hand they'd find the best trade for them and that would not be Pau Gasol.

Forcing your team to trade you is one issue, forcing them to trade you exactly where you want is another.

Melo is the only one to do it and the Knicks emptied everything they had to accomplish that.

Last edited:
In colins words..."reboot".

But hes been saying that since day 1. When we were 10-9 and getting kobe back and everyone else for the most part healthy...he was saying that.....now I can see with every passing L...but at that time, I just changed the station to the DP show. Now, im still on the "whatever" tip...they win.......yipee, we won. We lose, throw another shrimp on the barbie.

Either way....were still getting at least 1 max/2 decent FAs and a #1 this off season plus a rejuvinated kobe in oct (crosses fingers).

I see it this way. At absolute worst, were getting vonleh/cauly stein/grant/payne/harris....at worst. Anything else is gravy to me.

No... if Love forced their hand they'd find the best trade for them and that would not be Pau Gasol.

Forcing your team to trade you is one issue, forcing them to trade you exactly where you want is another.

Melo is the only one to do it and the Knicks emptied everything they had to accomplish that.
valid point.

it would help if the lakers had more desirable assets...(ie. melo trade to NY where Den got so much in return)

but you never know, a team could fulfill a players wish ( Clips not matching MIA offer sheet to LO)

multiple teams would have to join in to facilitate a trade where MIN gets a good deal out of trading Love. 

C CP1708 , I listened to the Herd podcast with Colin discussing the Lakers situation and how it compares to moving in with your parents and regrouping your life. That metaphor actually struck a cord with me.

I won't say that I've completely changed my tune and changed everything I believe in because of one pod cast, but I will say that his perspective on it was definitely an eye opening one. I enjoyed his explanation, to be honest I've enjoyed many of his views ever since I subscribed to his podcast last week.

Anyways. Long story short. I kinda feel where you're coming from a little better now. I understand your frustration with the unnecessary wins a little better, although I still don't agree at being upset with the young kids for trying to fight for any win they can get. Nice to see heart.

But I feel you.
Just thought I'd let you know.

Was a good analogy. Wish I would have thought of it before the year started.

The bottom line for me has been about speed. I may be rooting for losses THIS year, but come next year, I will want us back on track, UNLESS, we don't upgrade much. Then I will have to go to a very dark secret 2nd year of tanking that would even more anger Laker fans. But HOPEFULLY, we upgrade pretty damn good this year, and can get back into the playoffs and compete for it all next year leading into 2015 and a possible Love connection. :pimp:

All I know is that lottery ball better fall our way for all the chaos this tank has caused :lol:

I'm going to jump off a bridge if we end up with the 5th worst record but end up with the 13th pick.

How possible would that even be?
It would be very traumatizing :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Not possible.

If we end up in 5th, only 3 teams can jump us, meaning furthest we could drop is 8th.

Odds of 3 teams jumping into the lottery are 44667467287682197238972986376254863463927347217393274 to 1 tho, so we'd be ok.

Did anyone listen to am710 today with john ireland? Did he really compare smart to jj reddick and doug mcdermott to larry bird? If so, LMFAO.

Back
Top Bottom