[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Soon brotha, soon.

iQihukU4cvg9X.gif

i agree with you guys. at this point i'll take any first that the suns are willing to give us (ideally the wizards pick), but i can see why he's holding out for more. hope it doesn't burn us in the end. :\

Don't you guys think Pau is worth more than a very late first round pick? Maybe I'm missing something here? 

I think we all want him to be but at this point with his injuries we need to take what we can get before we get NOTHING.
I'm sure the Lakers would do better than that Pacers pick. At least in my mind a late first round pick isn't a player that's going to make much of an impact (rarely does).  Bigs who produce his type of numbers with his skill are very rare in this league right now. Tiago got 9 million this off season. Kwame got a decent contract out of Golden State. There's value in him. 

But the entire league knows he's leaving in the summer, so there's little to no leverage on the Lakers part.

Last edited:
But the entire league knows he's leaving in the summer, so there's little to no leverage on the Lakers part.
I definitely have that in mind, but I don't see them forcing anything right now, especially since there's about 2 weeks till the deadline. 

They showed with the Bynum deal they want a significant potential asset. 

i kind of think the only reason they asked for so much from the cavs was because no GMs have any respect for the cavs franchise so it was worth a shot

I definitely have that in mind, but I don't see them forcing anything right now, especially since there's about 2 weeks till the deadline. 

They showed with the Bynum deal they want a significant potential asset. 
I don't think there's a team out there that would want Pau that can offer significant savings and an asset back for him.

I listed the Suns right after the Cavs rumors fell through. I'm drawing a blank as far as any other teams that will deal for him.

Last edited:
A handful of teams might want Pau because he can make a difference right now, but he's also a rental in every sense of the word - his contract is set to expire, and his days of playing at a decent level. So there's no reason to give up much substance for him.

Last edited:
I wish I could find the pic of Pau and Battier dressed up as super heroes their rookie years. They were "Pow" and "Batt-Man". :lol:

PHO would be stacked in the frontcourt if they recieced Pau. if PHO decided to keep their picks, how would yall feel if we got one of their bigs in return. maybe like a Miles plumlee with okafors contract

asfdgjtwsfgfg :lol:

There was an old link that took you directly to the Grizzlies site with the pics, but I can't find it anymore.

Last edited:
Mitch aint no rookie. probably headed to the outback ready to pepper that angus. Pau still has some game left. The front office has done a pretty consistent if not good job posturing and right now his value is likely as high as its been since he got moved for cp3

“Definitely L.A. is one option,” Exum told Bleacher Report. “I’ve been to L.A. many times and I love the city, and it is a great city. If I get the opportunity to go to L.A. and play for the Lakers, I know I’ll have love for the city. And their fans are loyal and they have the rivalry with the Clippers. But just to be in an environment where you have a great player like Kobe, where you have a mentor in a way as a rookie, I think that would be the best option.”

:lol: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom