[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Could care less to be called a Stan.

If I haven't earned a rep for callin it like it is, what more can I do?

I blast Mike Brown, but praise Mike D.
I back Mitch for years, then rail him post CP3.
I back Kobe for years, blast him for his crushing contract.
I want every title, every year, but when I see writing on the wall, I want tank mode for betterment of the franchise future.

I don't Stan anyone, or anything. I speak to what evidence I have.

Give me an hour. Let me tweet at some respected writers.

Aye, Bill Simmons, listen, you hate Kobe, check this out......Kobe, had this idea to trade his best friend on the team AND a draft pick, for some scrub he's never met on Houston's bench!!!!!!

And the BEST part.......with all his ranting, raving, demands, wants, and wishes, he flat out, REFUSES to ship out Pau Gasol even tho he been dead for 4 years.

And not only that, noooooooooo no, listen close Bill, he traded Fishers *** out, only to then "ok" them bringing in Nash, and Howard, but when that don't work, he and Mitch stand pat, at the deadline, only for Kobe to go public a month later that Jim MUST do work!?!!!???!?!?!???!

Look folks, the LA Laker front office was 6 months away from being FREE, AND CLEAR of Kobe Bean Bryant. WITH an injured Achilles. They had an EASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYY excuse to say guys, he too old, hurt now, we just can't keep him, ORRRRRRRRRRRRR they lowball him, make HIM the bad guy, and move forward with the Lakers starting literally this summer.

It was right, there.

6 months.

They did what?

Gave him almost 50 million dollars to stay two more years, so he could publicly question them 4 months later????????

What is he, Debo? How in the **** is he muscling these grown *** millionaires like that??????? :lol :lol

If he's such a douche, so untrustworthy, so "loathed", such a problem, they whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did they not only keep him, but THROW money at him??????

And ****, not only did they throw it, they did it EARLY.They didn't even wait a couple months.

Allllllll that, for a broken 36 year old "problem"?

And you buy that, cuz he arrogant? :lol :lol :lol

K, then what does that tell you about Jim, Jeanie, (and by extension Phil cuz she'd tell him) and Mitch?
Soooooooo overpowered by an injured star in the final months of his contract, with no real leverage???

You realize if they chilled and let Kobe seek employment elsewhere, let Pau walk, etc, they'd have 55+ million dollars in cap space and NO Kobe to "scare" away free agents?????????

Everyone realize this??????

So what, out of fear (of what??? :lol ) they threw money at him, lengthening his reign of terror???? You buy that ****? :rollin :rollin :rollin

Bombshell. :lol :lol

"Twitter Sources". :lol :lol :lol

Tomorrow on Twitter, Kobe didn't rape Kate Faber, it was........*dramatic sound effects*.......Mitch Kupchak he bent over that barstool. #Bombshell

:lol :rollin

Funny, the ShawnFNBA guy follows 85 people on Twitter, probably 75 of them Laker folk.

The main writers/blogger types of those 75 do not echo Shawns *inside information*.

He speaks to the "many players do not want to play with him" and also tweeted Kobe is one of the least respected players in the NBA................

But Bron, KD, Dirk, Wade, Melo, KG just offer up that praise when asked.

Wade and Dirk went best of his generation.
KD said 1a-1b with MJ.
Bron seeks out Kobe after every game against each other, even with Kobe in a suit.

Least respected?

Broussard better stay hungry, someone appears headed for his spot. 8o

See, I think everybody respects Kobe from a basketball perspective. But off the court and in the locker room, I think there would be differences.

Kobe is a guy that is very diifficult to play with. Nash made a point of it in the BS Report, his personality can be very off putting.

^ So obvious that it's amusing (and telling) when someone tries to deny it. :lol

"I mean, for all we know, he could be like Joe Dumars, but twitter wasn't around to 'randomly tweet' about Joe's terribleness."

*thumbs up and a wink* Riiiiiiiiight.

*waits for "Well, it won us championships."*

Again, give any superstar the best coach ever and the most dominant big ever, and watch.

*waits for "Like MJ wasn't a jerk. But you're wearing his kicks right now. :lol "*

I am, actually. OG white/red XVIIs. :D

But it's well known that Mike is a certified jerk. So anyone denying that would either be ignorant, or on Mike's team of legal defenders. :lol

Last edited:
I can't believe people are defending 'Antoni.

Also whoever said to punt the next two seasons is a GENIUS.

FINALLY, Kobe needs to shut up before Mitch panics to please Kobe and trades our first round pick for someone we could sign in a year anyways. Or worse, overpay for overrated Deng.

He is a good coach.

And I was the one who said that.

Do I get credit for throwing it out there months ago? 8o

Hand Hanging in the Air...

*Up Top*

^ So obvious that it's abusing (and telling) when someone tries to deny it. :lol

"I mean, for all we know, he could be like Joe Dumars, but twitter wasn't around to 'randomly tweet' about Joe's terribleness."

okay soo certain players don't like Kobe on a personal level... what does that have to do with Kobe on a basketball level?

are you telling me that he has somehow in his years as a Laker hindered them from winning?

When have I ever said Kob wasn't a toolbag?

My point is he's not some mastermind, wacko, nutjob secretly running the Lakers.

Toolbag, yes.
Trading off bombshells, no.

[quote name="tyisny"][quote name="DarthSka"]^ So obvious that it's abusing (and telling) when someone tries to deny it. :lol

*thumbs up and a wink* Riiiiiiiiight.[/quote]

okay soo certain players don't like Kobe on a personal level... what does that have to do with Kobe on a basketball level?

are you telling me that he has somehow in his years as a Laker hindered them from winning?[/quote]Yikes! You honestly think "I don't want to play basketball w/ you" is NOT on a basketball level?

Second, asking if he stopped anyone from a championship is like asking if the new pastry chef caused anyone to leave an all you can eat buffet hungry. it's kind of hard to leave an all you can eat buffet hungry, so everyone who leaves full, that's not because of the new pastry chef; it's because it's hard to leave hungry from an all you can eat buffet.

Everyone who experienced Shaq & Phil, no, Kobe's pompous arrogance did not hinder them from winning a championship. In fact, he helped. For real. Do I think that another superstar could have helped another kind of way? Yes, yes I do.

Last edited:
[quote name="CP"]When have I ever said Kob wasn't a toolbag?

My point is he's not some mastermind, wacko, nutjob secretly running the Lakers.

Toolbag, yes.
Trading off bombshells, no.[/quote]Iono, probably sometime after I said Magic was literally perfect. brb, I'm'a go find it.

I would play with kobe
pimp.gif

Then again I would let him cross me up and dunk it all in my grill
pimp.gif

[quote name="CP"]When have I ever said Kob wasn't a toolbag?

Toolbag, yes.
Trading off bombshells, no.
Iono, probably sometime after I said Magic was literally perfect. brb, I'm'a go find it.[/quote]

So then we both view each of them the same way then, yes?

Magic and Kobe both have flaws, but are great enough to overcome those flaws, and work towards the same goal.

Just because I stated Kobe has always been difficult to play with doesn't mean I think less of him.

He is and always be my favorite player of all time.

Is he a douche? Of course.
Selfish? No doubt.
Greedy? Obviously.

But without his persona he wouldn't have been as great as he was.

So ******* what if he hurt Smush Parker's feelings along the way.

MJ was literally punching teammates in the face. That's how intense he was. And that's
What brought the best out of his teammates.

You think everyone enjoyed playing with MJ? Hell no. But did they admire and respect him at the end of the day? You can count on it.

I've never thought of him as an amazing human being off the court. It's clear the dude was probably really annoying to hang out with.

But as basketball fans, which is all we are, none of that should mean anything to us. All we can judge as fans is who he was on a basketball court.

Selfish or not, greedy or not, whatever you wanna think of him...

He was a winner.

If acknowledging that makes me a "Stan" then so be it.

To me I don't think I could view it any more fairly than I do.

Most all superstar athletes are douche bags. When you have everyone worshipping you since junior high you gonna act like your **** dont stink.

Thats why i find it pretty stupid if you hate an athlete based on their rep or their personality.

If you want your favorite player to be like ac green i think you picked the wrong form of entertainment to watch

Last edited:
Man lakers better do something in the off-season big and not stupid stuff. Its hard to see phil with the knicks

I can't believe people are defending 'Antoni.

Also whoever said to punt the next two seasons is a GENIUS.

FINALLY, Kobe needs to shut up before Mitch panics to please Kobe and trades our first round pick for someone we could sign in a year anyways. Or worse, overpay for overrated Deng.
that contract would make sense if the team knew they were giving up next year, give Kobe a payday for sucking for the 2015 season so we can hold on to our pick next year. 

nerd.gif
 ???

probably doesnt make sense though

^ So obvious that it's amusing (and telling) when someone tries to deny it. :lol

*waits for "Well, it won us championships."*

Again, give any superstar the best coach ever and the most dominant big ever, and watch.

*waits for "Like MJ wasn't a jerk. But you're wearing his kicks right now. :lol "*

I am, actually. OG white/red XVIIs. :D

But it's well known that Mike is a certified jerk. So anyone denying that would either be ignorant, or on Mike's team of legal defenders. :lol

pics of 17s or ducktales 8o

Back
Top Bottom